• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Ghosts MP reveal 14 Aug

AHA-Lambda

Oh, another Call of Duty Tidbit of FPS Goodness has been promised to the masses, how nice.
tumblr_m2utte9l7e1rtfiewo1_500.gif

This, Ghosts seems to have very little hype behind it compared to it's predecessors.

I think I'm now just done with this franchise, I just don't care. I might rent it to see the single player but that's it.

I just hope it doesn't regress from what Treyarch did on BO2, which IMO is the best CoD MP since 4. I also hope it is playable at all of the end of the month public events (PAX, GamesCom) so we can get some hands-on impressions.

I just hope it doesn't regress from what Treyarch did on BO2, which IMO is the best CoD MP since 4. I also hope it is playable at all of the end of the month public events (PAX, GamesCom) so we can get some hands-on impressions.
If this game doesn't have the objective-based scoreboards Treyarch implement rather than the standard kills/deaths/ass-cysts that IW implement then I'll flip.

daffy

Banned
lol @ ass-cysts. Well played.

I have a really good feeling about this year's multiplayer. We'll see soon.

pelican

There was a tournament for Blops2 at Gamescom last year. Sponsored by MS and presented by Major Nelson. They might do it again this year. Would make sense, even just as a xbone promotion event.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I had little-to-no interest in Black Ops 2, but for whatever reason I'm sort of interested in Ghosts. Maybe taking a one-year break from CoD was good for me after having picked up every CoD since Modern Warfare.

We'll see whether or not MP impresses me though, I generally prefer the IW CoDs for their campaign, and Treyarch for their MP. I usually play CoD for its campaign though, which is why I prefer IW.

You're crazy!

Wait... do the Infinity Ward CODs not have offline bots? I honestly didn't play much MW3 because I really hated the maps, but Black Ops 2 had offline bots.

In all of them you had to be connected online or you could not access bot mode.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here, let me save you the trouble Activision:

There will be some aiming down sights. There will be some sniper scope swaying. There will be some explosions/grenades. There may or may not be any fish and dogs.

Oh and we'll show you maps that are continuously declining in quality and have been since CoD6:MW2.

-The Call of Duty team.

kudoboi

looks like the new icons for scavenger, jammer, flak jacket, awareness/uav?, marathon/reload?
but then the bigger icons, warmachine/attachments?, juggernaut/commando/assassin?, uav?

OH BOY!

reskinned/renamed perks... are you kidding me

firen

Here, let me save you the trouble Activision:

There will be some aiming down sights. There will be some sniper scope swaying. There will be some explosions/grenades. There may or may not be any fish and dogs.

Oh and we'll show you maps that are continuously declining in quality and have been since CoD6:MW2.

-The Call of Duty team.

Seriously, what's there to reveal?

looks like the new icons for scavenger, jammer, flak jacket, awareness/uav?, marathon/reload?
but then the bigger icons, warmachine/attachments?, juggernaut/commando/assassin?, uav?

I was hoping they'd really mix up the perks. They've only been making minor adjustments for a long while.

Treyarch's Pick Ten system was a great idea, but it still left you with most of the same perks and attachments to mix and match.

With "Ghosts" being its own series, it'd be nice to keep the same gunplay gameplay, but with a clean slate of perks.

Cyprus

Banned
Zzz, I'll stick to the battlefield series. It's nice to play cod from time to time, but I'm so burnt out on it. I played every frigging cod that came out this generation quite alot, maxing out on blops1,and switching to bf3 when mw3 came out.

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't see what the big deal is with COD's reveal "events". No matter what they do, it's going to do gangbusters. All the moaning in the world won't change anything. It's not like people (outside the hardcore) really care.

And why are they pushing "Ghosts" so hard, anyways?

Joco

I really haven't enjoyed COD's multiplayer since the first Black Ops, and Infinity Ward really seems to have lost it since the Zampella/West departures. Think I'm probably going to pass on this one and wait and see if Treyarch's next effort is any good.

Zzz, I'll stick to the battlefield series. It's nice to play cod from time to time, but I'm so burnt out on it. I played every frigging cod that came out this generation quite alot, maxing out on blops1,and switching to bf3 when mw3 came out.

Pretty much where I'm at.

Toa TAK

Banned
Because that's the name of the game?

No, I mean the game in general. I know BOII & MW3 got their own reveal for everything as well, but nothing like this, having its own mini conferences/interviews. For the first time, I feel like this COD title is being forced on me.

Pinbot

Banned
I'm looking forwards to it. I love MW2 and MW3, have been suffering through the Treyarch failblops2 this year.

Even the Treyarch character models look like cheap bogans. (Aussie slang for umm sort of trailer trash).

TriGen

No, I mean the game in general. I know BOII & MW3 got their own reveal for everything as well, but nothing like this, having its own mini conferences/interviews. For the first time, I feel like this COD title is being forced on me.

They are pushing it because they don't want COD to lose mindshare next-gen. This year's really important because they want people picking up next-gen consoles to start building up a strong next-gen COD user base. With BF4 looking good and Titanfall and Destiny coming next year, I think they just really feel like the next-gen versions doing well is very important. They know the current-gen versions will light up the charts, but they also want to make sure people upgrading their hardware don't move on.

Dedicated servers and bigger maps.

Why the fuck do the maps get smaller every year? I'm personally hoping this bombs and I'm sure others are too.

It doesn't seem like there's going to be another CoD vs Battlefield PR battle this year, or if there is it won't be as extensive as last time.

What they were hyping about Ghosts seemed odd. Like, "interactive maps!!!" that we had in Black Ops. "Graphical improvements!" it just looked like CoD with somewhat better lighting. The core gameplay really isn't going to change that much.

BF4 on the other hand can match CoD's 60fps, has more players on consoles and generally looks like an improvement on BF3 in a lot of respects.

I'm really sick of CoD but I'm sure I'll end up getting it. I have several friends that play CoD and only CoD, as well as my wife. I personally prefer Battlefield but it's admittedly less accessible to the gamer that has a little less patience or 'video game common sense'.

So I'm sure I'll end up owning Ghosts on 360 and just playing BF4 on my PC by myself.

Dedicated servers and bigger maps.

Why the fuck do the maps get smaller every year? I'm personally hoping this bombs and I'm sure others are too.

Faster action. That's apparently what the masses want. I prefer a slightly slower, more methodical game where smart, deliberate movement trumps a quick trigger finger but that's not what CoD is anymore.

It's funny, I can think back to YouTube videos from 4-5 years ago where players racked up huge killstreaks by working together, finding a good spot and waiting for enemies to file into choke points. Now, every streak video you see is players flying around the map at the speed of light, racking up their kills by shooting/knifing people in the back. Not that it doesn't take skill to consistently get the drop on people by sprinting, it's just not how I'd prefer to play.

Every Call of Duty title since MW2 has been fucking horrible.

BO - Boring. Bad net code. Bad maps.
MW3 - Holy fucking inconsistency and terrible netcode + balance. Terrible map design.
BO2 - Boring. Bad maps.

I still play the hell out of MW2 and love it.

Horp

I wouldn't be suprised if they announced it like they have JUST invented a new concept: "Multi - player". Then you have this video with black background and some sales guy dressed as a game developer looks at an arbitrary point above and to the right of the camera (like it's an interview) and explains that they have a special inhouse technology engine system called TCP to make this possible.
Every now and then the camera cuts to killstreaks.

Daffy Duck

I hope they implement the scoreboard from BOII, it's good to see the players that actually PTFO and not just kill farm, I also hope they keep the Pick 10 system, GAME CHANGER right there!!

Score streaks as well worked really well, that would be nice to keep.

If they are incapable of improving the netcode region filters are a must, I'm sick of being in the UK and being forced to play with French/German/Dutch/Spanish players.

I hope they implement the scoreboard from BOII, it's good to see the players that actually PTFO and not just kill farm, I also hope they keep the Pick 10 system, GAME CHANGER right there!!

If they are incapable of improving the netcode region filters are a must, I'm sick of being in the UK and being forced to play with French/German/Dutch/Spanish players.

I think IW used scorestreaks in MW3, right? I'd imagine there's no going back to vanilla kill streaks now.

I would love if they keep the Pick 10 system, scorestreaks, but also bring back support scorestreaks. Just limit them to real support stuff (UAVs, Jammers, support bags etc)

Personally I hope the map design is a lot better than Treyarchs roundabout crap.

Daffy Duck

They did, I just hope they keep it that way.

Yep, that too, proper support streaks(they could have an ammo crate one like ballistic vests that your team can use if they don't have scavenger), none of that stealth bomber crap for dying over and over again. Also NO DEATHSTREAKS!!!! It's a must to remove from the game, someone who dies 5 times in a row should not get dead mans nuclear hand.

Bricky

Another game with unnecessary multiplayer, when will developers/publishers finally learn? They'll never beat the huge online community of multiplayer-games like Spec Ops: The Line anyway, waste of money if you ask me.

I'll probably watch.

Another year of not wanting it at all, then watching this video to hope somethings changed, only to see nothing ever does, but my friends get hyped anyway and all pick it up, so then I have to. I guess it is a launch year...

tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Top Bottom