• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Console mods are fun!

Matt_Fox

mCFvnzR.jpg

Just a frivolous post to share something that filled me with the joy of gaming!

Modern Warfare 2 Remastered features 'console mods' that are unlocked by collecting Intel Laptops hidden around the levels. I've been having a lot of fun with the game doing this scavenger hunt and activating mods to turn enemies into pineapple heads, turning boring old frag grenades into pomegranate cluster bomb explosions, and having enemies turn into bouncing tyres when they die.

If anyone's completed the campaign and thought "that's done", I do urge you to go back for a second playthrough on the scavenger hunt for Intel and enabling all the fun mods - it turns what is quite a violent serious game into something absolutely bonkers. It's what gaming is all about!

-YFC-

It's cool but it's very limited on consoles. Mods in general I mean.
Why do you have to collect Intel laptops to unlock mods? On pc you just download the mod you want, patch it in and there you go. Instantly.
But it's still cool to see console players having access to mods.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's cool but it's very limited on consoles. Mods in general I mean.
Why do you have to collect Intel laptops to unlock mods? On pc you just download the mod you want, patch it in and there you go. Instantly.
But it's still cool to see console players having access to mods.
Only game...games which does this pretty much on par with PC is F4 and Skyrim. But who want to play that.

Matt_Fox

Sounds more like unlocking "cheats" like the silly ones in older games like big head mode or something.

Yes absolutely. The game calls them 'mods' but they're actually baked in to the game, not a separate download so they're more akin to old-skool cheat unlockables.

A fun addition, that's easy to overlook but I'm enjoying this 'silly' second playthrough more than the first so thought I'd share.

D.Final

Banned
mCFvnzR.jpg

Just a frivolous post to share something that filled me with the joy of gaming!

Modern Warfare 2 Remastered features 'console mods' that are unlocked by collecting Intel Laptops hidden around the levels. I've been having a lot of fun with the game doing this scavenger hunt and activating mods to turn enemies into pineapple heads, turning boring old frag grenades into pomegranate cluster bomb explosions, and having enemies turn into bouncing tyres when they die.

If anyone's completed the campaign and thought "that's done", I do urge you to go back for a second playthrough on the scavenger hunt for Intel and enabling all the fun mods - it turns what is quite a violent serious game into something absolutely bonkers. It's what gaming is all about!

Holy mother's of the pineapple tree :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:
Top Bottom