• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. update coming to speed-up enemy turns 2x (3DS), 3x (New 3DS)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I stopped playing midway through. The enemy turns were a factor in that, although not the sole reason. I'll gladly pick it back up after the patch. The 3x on N3DS XL could literally save me hours.

Very cool they're addressing the critiscm. Think I'll still wait for a price drop because of the other issues the game has, but I almost want to buy this on principle to encourage improving games post-release like this.

Josh7289

Waiting to start playing this game now until this update is out. The enemy turns were the worst part of the demo, so I'm glad I'll be able to play the whole game with that fixed soon.

For me, the enemy wait wasn't irritating.. it was tense. I usually play with headphones and being able to hear enemies and not see them was... interesting.

But this 2x/3x thing is great and I'll use it.

I was hoping they would announce DLC too, but this.. well... I'll take it!

Sweet, I thought the wait wasn't this bad in the demo but it could have gotten annoying in the long run.

Also this makes me happy about upgrading to N3DS and that's neat. :)

RM8

I'm playing this furiously and I'm still not bothered by the enemy turns, to be honest. But of course any improvement is welcome! Awesome game becomes more awesome.

Gambit

Awesome. By the time we get it in Europe it will be full speed. Very happy to finally use my Fire Emblem Amiibos.

Kenai

It didn't bother me very much but I welcome it. It's a pretty awesome game and if this gets more people on board, A-OK.

Excellent patch. I'm really happy to see this being done. My interest level has went up considerably. Thanks, Intelligent Systems.

RiggyRob

I wonder if the U.S. reviews are going to be updated, or the EU reviews will just have higher scores/better reviews because of this update.

I've got a PAL review copy...I don't suppose i'll be able to take advantage of this update until the official PAL release which sucks

I don't recall the EU direct mentioning this one bit which seems like a very silly thing to do because many EU players may well be aware of the enemy turns problem but are now left unaware of a fix being put in place.
That and no reminder of Kirby and Xenoblade being out, NOE like to sabotage sales of games

I've got a PAL review copy...I don't suppose i'll be able to take advantage of this update until the official PAL release which sucks
Unless it is built into the base game for the EU and Japanese versions (new features for later releases has happened before). I suppose you have the demo to compare with. Also since you have a review copy you might have some PR contact/line with NOE to ask them about it (they might actually know something since they are not customer support).

Rootbeer

Banned
THANK YOU NINTENDO

you actually listen T__T

This is a decent game mired by a few crushing problems holding it back from being rather good. This will be a great improvement.

Also: being a New 3DS XL owner feels so good

I don't recall the EU direct mentioning this one bit which seems like a very silly thing to do because many EU players may well be aware of the enemy turns problem but are now left unaware of a fix being put in place.
That and no reminder of Kirby and Xenoblade being out, NOE like to sabotage sales of games

Unless it is built into the base game for the EU and Japanese versions (new features for later releases has happened before). I suppose you have the demo to compare with. Also since you have a review copy you might have some PR contact/line with NOE to ask them about it (they might actually know something since they are not customer support).

I can confirm it is not in the base game, just gave it a try and there doesn't seem to be any way to fast forward enemy turns. I am digging the game though.
Just emailed NOE and awaiting a response.

Somnid

You only need to tap them once, BUT if you use them in the game and they die you have to tap them again. If they don´t die you can use them forever

Note that if they die and you revert to a checkpoint/restart you don't need to rescan. Only if you complete a mission when they are dead.

Danneee

Need a strategy game for my 3ds, pondering whether to buy this or Ghost Recon (already had FE:A, twice, and can't be bothered to play it again)... What say you Neogaf?

mackmoney

This is great news and I just ordered a copy but it really makes you question how stupid these people must be to think those long enemy turns weren't a deal breaker. On a portable.

Top Bottom