• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfkgoblue

Maybe some game he'll stop blowing coverage or get an INT.

Glad he could finally put up pedestrian numbers against powerhouse Colorado. Congrats on registering your 2nd career sack, 0 career INTs and 0 pass breakups this season!

Maybe he'll stay a 4th year where he can double all of those!

edit: I almost forgot that he a 2 way player, dont want to discount those 176 career yards from scrimmage.

Truly a once in a generation player.
What about those numbers is pedestrian? He leads the nation in TFL this year as well

Then just add how dangerous of a punt returner he is and you got a star. I have never seen anyone call him a "once in a generation" type player though, Michigan does have the greatest DB in CFB history after all. Also turned into a pretty good pro with a HOF career.

God I really really hope he destroys OSU this year a la Charles in 1997.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Nope, we've always gone by NU. The only time we use UNL is to differentiate between the Lincoln, Omaha, and Kearney campuses.

Even then UNO brands their sports as just Omaha, and Kearney...well, no one gives a fuck about UNK (it will always be Kearney State to my folks)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
l0HlD4Mj61FKNriHm.gif

kmTkaKE.gif

giphy.gif

cWsskVw.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Put a reminder in the OP about subscribing while we're still on the first page?
As I said two weeks ago, if someone will drat a short tutorial on how to do that, I'll put it in there. But nobody stepped forward.

That said, The line is only Nebraska -7. Lock of the week for me.

IDK this has upset special written all over it. UNL coming off a huge win and Northwestern trying to get anything going for their season.

I would still take UNL and the points but would not shock me one bit.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
There is really no reason why we get forced to the cellar. What's the point? There are TV show episodes that get posted weekly with more activity and they aren't forced to Community...

IDK this has upset special written all over it. UNL coming off a huge win and Northwestern trying to get anything going for their season.

Under the previous administration, I would believe you, but I don't see it this year.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

yeah, I'm nervous about the game

Fitz is crafty too, grows the grass out, works on stealing our signals and signs (it took Bo a while to figure that one out).

I think Nebraska should win, the DEs that gave us a lot of trouble last year are gone, and our defense is light years better.

That said, our OL is pretty banged up right now.

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
yeah, I'm nervous about the game

Fitz is crafty too, grows the grass out, works on stealing our signals and signs (it took Bo a while to figure that one out).

I think Nebraska should win, the DEs that gave us a lot of trouble last year are gone, and our defense is light years better.

That said, our OL is pretty banged up right now.

Yeah, it's definitely a trap game. Coming off an emotional victory, playing in Evanston against a team that always gives us fits. Hopefully the fourth quarter dominance continues.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
BAD NEWS NOTRE DAME FANS!!!!

No, not the normal sort of bad news a fan from your upcoming opponent might deliver, particularly if that opponent is skilled and competent.

Duke is going to make VanGorder look like a GENIUS!!!!!! so no changes will be made for at least a week!

HA!

TAKE THAT!.

Of course I can't help but trash talk ND fans, because I'm talking Duke Football and Duke Football is trash.

clav

Yeah, it's definitely a trap game. Coming off an emotional victory, playing in Evanston against a team that always gives us fits. Hopefully the fourth quarter dominance continues.

Northwestern's kicker is also terrible this year. If Northwestern goes for a more aggressive offense like going on 4th down as opposed to FG, maybe they will have a chance. Highly doubt that since Fitz likes going conservative plays.

Missing 3 point attempts have been the difference in this season.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Northwestern's kicker is also terrible this year. If Northwestern goes for a more aggressive offense like going on 4th down as opposed to FG, maybe they will have a chance. Highly doubt that since Fitz likes going conservative plays.

Missing 3 point attempts have been the difference in this season.

same kicker they've always had right? I mean, he's a career 67% guy, but he's only attempted 3 field goals this year. Small sample?

ag-my001

As I said two weeks ago, if someone will drat a short tutorial on how to do that, I'll put it in there. But nobody stepped forward.
Web browser: click on the "Subscribe" button on the top right side of the screen. Next click "add subscription".

Mobile: Click on the "Tools" button, found by scrolling all the way to the bottom. Then click "Add Subscription".

Can't spell citrus without UT. Good ole rocky top. Second in the sec. That used to be a burn but now it's prob would be considered a compliment. Go gators. 12 in a row let's go.

No, not the normal sort of bad news a fan from your upcoming opponent might deliver, particularly if that opponent is skilled and competent.

Duke is going to make VanGorder look like a GENIUS!!!!!! so no changes will be made for at least a week!

HA!

TAKE THAT!.

Of course I can't help but trash talk ND fans, because I'm talking Duke Football and Duke Football is trash.

If we win and Duke scores over 40, I might get to see a win and the DC fired. That would be ok with me. If ND had even an average defense we'd be fine. Kizer is really good and fun to watch. It just seems we can't ever seem to put together a year with a good defense AND a good QB. 2012 was great defense with Tommy Rees.

HA!

TAKE THAT!.

Just noticed that Michigan State & Duke have never met on the gridiron. This must be remedied ASAP.

(From previous thread)

I wonder if you chose that randomly or you looked up Husker football lore

(ASU stopped Nebraska's 26 game winning streak after winning two titles)

Nah, I just wanted a crappy team with a recognizable slogan. I mean, if that were the case, I would have posted Nebraska's Big 12 record vs Texas.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
(From previous thread)

Nah, I just wanted a crappy team with a recognizable slogan. I mean, if that were the case, I would have posted Nebraska's Big 12 record vs Texas.

To be honest, I wondered if you had read my post in some long gone thread about worst sports defeats you experienced or something.

While Texas holds a snall part of hell in my eyes, it was Nebraska's loss to ASU in 1996 that remains my all time most painful loss. Jake the Fucking Snake Plummer skunked us while i peacefully slept, knowing full well when i awoke, it would be to the sound of yet another Husker victory.

I nearly cried when I found out that ASU spanked us. That loss doesn't signal the end of Nebraska's dominance, since we went on to win 22 of our next 23 games, with another national championship under our belt in 1997,but it might as well have been since it was also the season where Fuckface McGee beat us in the Big XII championship. :(

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
To be honest, I wondered if you had read my post in some long gone thread about worst sports defeats you experienced or something.

While Texas holds a snall part of hell in my eyes, it was Nebraska's loss to ASU in 1996 that remains my all time most painful loss. Jake the Fucking Snake Plummer skunked us while i peacefully slept, knowing full well when i awoke, it would be to the sound of yet another Husker victory.

I nearly cried when I found out that ASU spanked us. That loss doesn't signal the end of Nebraska's dominance, since we went on to win 22 of our next 23 games, with another national championship under our belt in 1997,but it might as well have been since it was also the season where Fuckface McGee beat us in the Big XII championship. :(

Worst for me is freakin' Texas ending our home winning streak in 1998. We don't blow that game, we probably beat Miami's record. That game, the '96 Big 12 Championship game, and the missed FG against Florida State in the '94 Orange Bowl are seared into my memory.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If we win and Duke scores over 40, I might get to see a win and the DC fired. That would be ok with me. If ND had even an average defense we'd be fine. Kizer is really good and fun to watch. It just seems we can't ever seem to put together a year with a good defense AND a good QB. 2012 was great defense with Tommy Rees.

Just a quick reminder, last time Duke played ND in 07, they made Jimmy Clausen look like a star.

That was a Ted Roof team, his last team in fact. This shit wasn't supposed to happen under Cutcliffe, but it did.

Also on the subject of USC QBs, Helton has reached desperation mode and is starting Sam Darnold this Friday.

Browne has looked off since the big hit he took vs Bama.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Worst for me is freakin' Texas ending our home winning streak in 1998. We don't blow that game, we probably beat Miami's record. That game, the '96 Big 12 Championship game, and the missed FG against Florida State in the '94 Orange Bowl are seared into my memory.

I feel all of those losses, too. Texas for some reason has always had our number. It is the reason I can never muster sympathy for them, even though they have been so down the past 6 years. I feel like one of those geezers from when we were kids who would talk about Notre Dame's glory years, but that 60-3 5-year stretch may stand for quite a while.

Pretty pleased so far.

I just hope that my new hatred of Texas Tech is being featured on the podcast. I'm quite sad that I haven't motivated any of the Pirates to engage me. It's probably because they are mourning poor Coach Leach & bemoaning their fate with Coach GQ.

Karl2177

Sorry for being slow on the pick 'em results this week. I had a drive get wiped over the weekend and it just happened to be the drive that all my programming stuff was on. So I'm working to get those back up to date, since the last backup was from about 3 months ago. Should have results and the next set of pick 'ems tomorrow after work.

Preseason ranked #5. Plays the "no respect" card.

This is why nobody likes you, Ohio State.

Also they spit out shit runningbacks in the NFL like Maurice Clarrett and Ezekiel Elliot. The latter of which on Sunday ran for less than 4 YPC and had 2 fumbles. HE SUCKS. Cowboys are going to have to win this year in spite of his poor efforts. I wish we drafted a good runningback out of the SEC instead of his overrated self. He wears child size tshirts too wtf

El_Chino

Also they spit out shit runningbacks in the NFL like Maurice Clarrett and Ezekiel Elliot. The latter of which on Sunday ran for less than 4 YPC and had 2 fumbles. HE SUCKS. Cowboys are going to have to win this year in spite of his poor efforts. I wish we drafted a good runningback out of the SEC instead of his overrated self. He wears child size tshirts too wtf
You mean an Urban Meyer running back doesn't succeed in the NFL? Shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom