• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 10 - Rudy Can't Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Huge opportunity this week.

Our defense is finally playing how I thought they would, and our offense (shockingly) hasn't missed a beat even with the youth and injuries at QB.

A win @ KSU would redeem the whole season and set us up to defend our Big 12 title.

LosDaddie

Banned
Is this too scary to be the funny gif?

muschump.gif

He really needs to calm down. I used to think Jimbo's anger on the sidelines was good for the team (esp after Bowden), but it's not.

The coach comes across as panicking moreso than passionate.

Ns8ac.gif

I laughed pretty hard when I saw that before the game.

Huge opportunity this week.

Our defense is finally playing how I thought they would, and our offense (shockingly) hasn't missed a beat even with the youth and injuries at QB.

A win @ KSU would redeem the whole season and set us up to defend our Big 12 title.

I miss the old Avatar already. :( That was Gondo!!!

He really needs to calm down. I used to think Jimbo's anger on the sidelines was good for the team (esp after Bowden), but it's not.

The coach comes across as panicking moreso than passionate.

Yea I think there is some truth to that. But at the same time as a coach, I can understand how you would wanna let your players know that the mistakes they make arent things to be taken lightly under ANY circumstance. Especially when many games are won by whichever team makes the least amount of mistakes.

andycapps

Thank you, UGA. Thank you

Welcome.

bluemax said:
6. Georgia 7-1
Best Win: 17-9 #7 Florida
Loss: #8 South Carolina 35-7
Best Remaining: #2 Florida
Thoughts: Last Week I said the Bull dogs had no shot at the MNC but they could screw up the rankings by knocking off Florida. Lo and behold they have done just that, and now they have a slightly improved shot at the MNC. As long as they don't slip up against 4 straight cream puffs they will play in the SEC CCG against likely undefeated Alabama. A win in Atlanta over the Crimson Tide could cause the kind of pandemonium that lands Georgia in the MNC. Even if they don't manage that the Sugar Bowl isn't out of the question.

Just a slight quibble. It's Bulldogs, not Bull dogs. Also, Ole Miss is an up and coming program.

Top 10 people with no life last week:

Lonestar 168
Cyan 122
SerArthurDayne 109
andycapps 108
zyxwvu4321 108
Yaboosh 100
mre 99
MightyHealthy 84
Gloomfire 84
bluemax 79

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Welcome.

Just a slight quibble. It's Bulldogs, not Bull dogs. Also, Ole Miss is an up and coming program.
That's what you're quibbling about? Not that fact that he has your best upcoming game being with #2 Florida? That he cared so little about your program, he didn't even bother to look at your remaining schedule? smh

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Welcome.

Top 10 people with no life last week:

Lonestar 168
Cyan 122
SerArthurDayne 109
andycapps 108
zyxwvu4321 108
Yaboosh 100
mre 99
MightyHealthy 84
Gloomfire 84
bluemax 79

Think that's mostly game day posting. Don't remember posting alot during the week.

Schmitty

Notre Dame is back! I drank the look aid for the pick em for them, but otherwise, I look forward to my 5 points.

andycapps

That's what you're quibbling about? Not that fact that he has your best upcoming game being with #2 Florida? That he cared so little about your program, he didn't even bother to look at your remaining schedule? smh

I don't really care, I don't care about his creampuff school either. :p

Think that's mostly game day posting. Don't remember posting alot during the week.

Yeah you and I were tied in the lower hundreds when I signed off on Saturday. Most of my posting was prior to 3:30 Saturday.

Lonestar

I don't really care, I don't care about his creampuff school either. :p

Yeah you and I were tied in the lower hundreds when I signed off on Saturday. Most of my posting was prior to 3:30 Saturday.

Just for giggles, I checked out my postings. Seems like I had 38 posts in total up till Saturday @ 10:51 am. 130 posts from there till the end of the topic last night. Only 9 posts on Sunday, so 121 posts Saturday. Chatty fucking Cathy, cause I was out in town for a couple hours midday...

pxleyes:
Mizzou was a total letdown for me. I think I picked them to win the east :/ Assumed too much that their "hurry up" offense would give fits, with this supposed great QB in Franklin.

Georgia getting good numbers from freshman RB's, Florida improving from that 1st game, and SCAR doing something with an inadequate QB and Lattimore not being slowed down from last years knee injury didn't help my SEC East Pick either.

Florida can run at will against Mizzou.

andycapps

How good did you sleep on Sat night? I trolled a few gata friends on FB before getting a solid night's rest

I slept very well. I was talking to a friend that's a Gata all day, but I was nice after the game. I know the receiving end of those texts really suck.

Lonestar said:
Just for giggles, I checked out my postings. Seems like I had 38 posts in total up till Saturday @ 10:51 am. 130 posts from there till the end of the topic last night. Only 9 posts on Sunday, so 121 posts Saturday. Chatty fucking Cathy, cause I was out in town for a couple hours midday...

Holy shit, yeah I don't think you were in the top 10 when I checked on Saturday morning.

Lonestar said:
pxleyes:
Mizzou was a total letdown for me. I think I picked them to win the east :/ Assumed too much that their "hurry up" offense would give fits, with this supposed great QB in Franklin.

Georgia getting good numbers from freshman RB's, Florida improving from that 1st game, and SCAR doing something with an inadequate QB and Lattimore not being slowed down from last years knee injury didn't help my SEC East Pick either.

Florida can run at will against Mizzou.

I expect Florida to have a rebound game and beat Mizzou into submission. They're not particularly good. Franklin is okay, they just don't have much else on the team. Not a ton of offensive talent, and no great defensive talent either. Sheldon Richardson is the lone bright spot on defense, but he's only one player.

ag-my001

pxleyes:

You weren't entirely wrong, you just picked the wrong new team. Even I didn't think A&M would be doing this well so soon, especially the way they played close with LSU despite all the turnovers. Bama-A&M could be a fun preview of Bama-Ducks; I'm sure the TV commentators will talk endlessly on how Manziel was originally committed to Oregon.

Well, that sucked.

Honestly, after beating UMass by 3, Buffalo by 7 and Akron by 6, hopes of running the table were pretty much dashed for me. It was fun to talk about, but realistically I don't think too many Ohio fans thought it was actually going to happen. We can still go into uncharted territory this year (last MAC title was 1968) but it's going to be tough, all the other teams with a shot at the MAC East control their destiny. We don't.

THURSDAY #MACTION

EASTERN MICHIGAN

YOU'RE NEXT

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the K-State beatdown we received two days ago -

QSnmX.jpg

In other news, the Texas Pride uniforms Tech will be wearing against Texas this week are getting revealed sometime around noon today. UA has been releasing some teaser images for them but this is the only one that shows off anything decent (the others are things like "half of red sleeve and some red gloves") -

A6YMkqdCcAAW75N.jpg

Looks like one of the high gloss helmets a few teams have trotted out this year but I can't 100% tell if that's just the lighting in the shot or not.

In other news, the Texas Pride uniforms Tech will be wearing against Texas this week are getting revealed sometime around noon today. UA has been releasing some teaser images for them but this is the only one that shows off anything decent -

A6YMkqdCcAAW75N.jpg

Looks like one of the high gloss helmets a few teams have trotted out this year but I can't 100% tell if that's just the lighting in the shot or not.

Uh, oh. Might be Rutgers ugly.

I really don't have anything to contribute. Really just needed to post to subscribe to this thread.

So, uh, how about Mizzou?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
You weren't entirely wrong, you just picked the wrong new team. Even I didn't think A&M would be doing this well so soon, especially the way they played close with LSU despite all the turnovers. Bama-A&M could be a fun preview of Bama-Ducks; I'm sure the TV commentators will talk endlessly on how Manziel was originally committed to Oregon.

Admittedly, that schedule looked a LOT worse before the season started. I'm not sure that the actual A&M team is any better than I thought they would be but I would have never expected Arkansas and Auburn to have jumped off a giant cliff and (as I've mentioned a few times) I still would have picked La Tech to beat them if it was the first game of the season.

Lonestar

Guy's on the radio brought this up:

Auburn, since the championship season, has won 9 games in 2 years.
Auburn, since the championship season, has had 9 players arrested.

Auburn needs more arrests.

Guy's on the radio brought this up:

Auburn, since the championship season, has won 9 games in 2 years.
Auburn, since the championship season, has had 9 players arrested.

Auburn needs more arrests.

“I’ve always felt like, to have a successful team, you gotta have a few bad citizens on the team. I mean, that’s how Ohio State used to win all the time. They would have two or three guys that were criminals. That just adds to the chemistry of the team. I think Auburn is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension, which creates edge on the football team. You can’t have a football team full of choir boys. You get your butt kicked if you have a team full of choir boys. You gotta have a little bit of edge, but the coach has to be the dictator and ultimate ruler.”

Me too. :(

I had it for well over two years, and I think it had become pretty recognizable on NeoGAF... that's the risk you take when you make your avatar a player on a rookie contract.

Memories...

At least photoshop Harden's beard on your new one to ease the transition.

Lonestar

“I’ve always felt like, to have a successful team, you gotta have a few bad citizens on the team. I mean, that’s how Ohio State used to win all the time. They would have two or three guys that were criminals. That just adds to the chemistry of the team. I think Auburn is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension, which creates edge on the football team. You can’t have a football team full of choir boys. You get your butt kicked if you have a team full of choir boys. You gotta have a little bit of edge, but the coach has to be the dictator and ultimate ruler.”

What's horrible is, that's an actual statement, but I can't remember which coach it was that said it.

Meier

Also, does anybody have the link for our preseason predictions? I'd love to see those again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoCjjUJu6yrHdGNaR2M0SV9GSTh2WVA0ak90OXhUYWc&output=html

Looks like some folks picked your guys.. I went with Pitt personally.

ACC FSU
Coastal Va Tech
Atlantic FSU
B1G Michigan
Legends Michigan
Leaders Wisc
Big 12 Oklahoma
Big East Pitt
Pac 12 Oregon
South USC
North Oregon
SEC Bama
West Bama
East UGA

BCS Game FSU/Bama
Winner FSU

Edit: It appears every person picked VT or Virginia (just a few of them) to win the Coastal. Oof.

Those preseason predictions are going to be a bit borked by the fact that Ohio State can indeed win the Leaders Division.

That's right.... Stupid Big Ten.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoCjjUJu6yrHdGNaR2M0SV9GSTh2WVA0ak90OXhUYWc&output=html

Looks like some folks picked your guys.. I went with Pitt personally.

ACC FSU
Coastal Va Tech
Atlantic FSU
B1G Michigan
Legends Michigan
Leaders Wisc
Big 12 Oklahoma
Big East Pitt
Pac 12 Oregon
South USC
North Oregon
SEC Bama
West Bama
East UGA

BCS Game FSU/Bama
Winner FSU

Edit: It appears every person picked VT or Virginia (just a few of them) to win the Coastal. Oof.

I was going to do an update on this today actually.

AS for the Ohio State picks, since none of us knew they could actually win thier divsion we will just consider the team who reps them in the B1G champ game as the winner.

Cyan

Banned
Ninja Scooter has some love for them it seems. Considering the number of LA people on NeoGAF it is kind of amazing that we only have 2 super die hard Trojan football fans.

We'd have a lot more lifelong diehards right now if they were undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom