• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 10 - Rudy Can't Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Finally able to bring myself to read CFB news again. I'd rather us have lost by the 40 points we should have been down than lose by turning it over in the endzone to end each half.

I was really impressed with UGA's d-line though. They dominated.

No butt stripes that I can see, but there are side stripes, with words!

http://i.imgur.com/kuYd7.jpg?1[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DeoXn.jpg?1

I actually liked them from the beginning but I like them more the longer I think about it and now that we've seen actual pictures on a mannequin. I was bracing for blue jerseys with a white star around the numbers, one leg red and one leg white
which secretly would have been FUCKING AWESOME

Yeah, you got off alright. Is this charity related? or just a theme night?

Anyways, no butt stripes, nothing too terrible flag related. Looks like black rather than Navy on the stripes/shoulders. Helmet is not Rutgers bad which I expected after the first picture, and maybe they will be nice enough to drop your tramp stamp.

LosDaddie

Banned
So what are these unis for (besides $$$)? A 'TExas Exceptionalism' week, or something?

Yea I think there is some truth to that. But at the same time as a coach, I can understand how you would wanna let your players know that the mistakes they make arent things to be taken lightly under ANY circumstance. Especially when many games are won by whichever team makes the least amount of mistakes.

It's a fine line to walk. Something that 1st time head coaches have to learn on their own, I guess.

What I've learned from Tomahawknation is that the time for that anger/rage from a coach is during the week, when you can force the players to re-do the play(s). When a coach does it during a game, it comes across as panicking, and losing control. It does little to help the players during the game.

andycapps

Ugh. Finally able to bring myself to read CFB news again. I'd rather us have lost by the 40 points we should have been down than lose by turning it over in the endzone to end each half.

Yeah, we should have won by a lot more, but a win is a win. Murray turns into a true freshman in big games. Hopefully the last drive where he did pretty well got those nerves out of him. Florida's defense definitely played well and got in his head and kept them in the game.

Our d-line finally played the way they did last year. Everybody's been waiting on it, hopefully they continue that the rest of the way. Having Jarvis Jones back played a huge part in it, so hopefully he can stay healthy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
chiz_skater_soar.gif

LosDaddie

Banned

But how do you think Muschamp called the game? Was his playcalling good? Too conservative, or too aggressive? Or was the loss due to the players not executing?

When FSU lost to NCSU, it was mostly on Jimbo calling a horrible game (and not trusting his players, mainly EJ) moreso than the players not executing. That's why FSU fans were so down after the loss.

I was doing family stuff on Sat., and didn't watch any game other than the FSU game on DVR. So I don't know how the gatas looked other than from highlights

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, you got off alright. Is this charity related? or just a theme night?

Anyways, no butt stripes, nothing too terrible flag related. Looks like black rather than Navy on the stripes/shoulders. Helmet is not Rutgers bad which I expected after the first picture, and maybe they will be nice enough to drop your tramp stamp.

Not 100% on this but I don't think it's for charity. I think it's just a theme night, since it's two Texas schools, we're a UA flagship school, and UA likes making weird uniforms whenever possible.

I'm starting to think that Under Armour's mission in life is to send a message to folks who don't like what Nike has done to Oregon. And that message is that things could be much, much worse.

Karakand

So what are these unis for (besides $$$)? A 'TExas Exceptionalism' week, or something?

Well money is the clear reason, but you could probably float an argument it helps recruiting with some insipid marketing language like "mind share".

I am dreading UCLA's alternate uni game this season, BTW. They look like damn pajamas.

pxleyes

Banned
No one can question my lack of enthusiasm and expectations goin into this season. I didn't even bother doing conference picks. How did we get here in just two months?

I had to plumb the depths of the internet's seedy underbelly to find it.

Hey, man. The internet is a series of Tubes. It only makes sense that some of those tubes come out in Texas, too. And sometimes, because communists, these things take a little while longer.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sirpopopop, go into the hurricane topic and type out "Roll Tide" to prove your SEC Loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom