• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 10 - Rudy Can't Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Five SEC teams in the top 10 over halfway through the season. The conference is good but it's not that good.

24FrameDaVinci
Banned
(Today, 06:00 AM)

It amused me to think that he was banned for this post.

Only because Alabama hasn't played them yet. Then their proper ranking would be achieved (hint: unranked)

Five SEC teams in the top 10 over halfway through the season. The conference is good but it's not that good.

24FrameDaVinci
Banned

was probably this one:
Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Replies: 932
Just got my console (and I assume my account) banned from Live for playing Halo 4.
Views: 52,380
Posted By 24FrameDaVinci

You took a risk and came out on the wrong side. Deal with it.

Irish are not known for their empathy

Jeff-DSA

Ns8ac.gif

Is he river dancing?

Worst one of the year still goes to UNC.
HydroChrome-UNC-Helmet-5.jpg

I like the concept of the tarheel alternate. On a solid white helmet it could have looked sharp.

Oregon has gone from gaudy to hideous this year, and I don't know when the last time they wore a team color as anything other than a highlight was. They are second place to Rutgers.

24FrameDaVinci
Banned

Damn well could have been. Other than being a dick to the guy that got banned by Microsoft, I don't see what else he did. And that would have been kind of tenuous.

Lonestar

Wow, I might have changed my East pick to UGA

Lets see how I'm doing overall:

ACC Va Tech
Coastal Va Tech
Atlantic Clemson
B1G Wisc
Legends Nebraska
Leaders Wisc
Big 12 West Virginia
Big East Louisville
Pac 12 Oregon
South Utah
North Oregon
SEC Bama
West Bama
East UGA

BCS Game Bama/Oregon
Winner Bama

Looking good in the SEC, Big East, and B1G.
Pac's still up in the air, but missed on Utah.
Miss on WVU (though that looked good early in the season)
I don't know if I got the ACC right or not, still up in the air. If FSU loses to Va Tech, Clemson can get the Atlantic, and if Va Tech wins against Miami and then FSU, I think they can get the Coastal.

Quake1028

Oh yeah, definitely game day posting for me. We were off this weekend, so I just got to sit back, relax, and watch everything else going on.

Same for me. I think all but 1 or 2 of my posts was on Saturday. This week I will be Thursday obviously and Saturday early games. Taking my wife to Epcot on Saturday night/Sunday.

andycapps

Wow, I might have changed my East pick to UGA

Lets see how I'm doing overall:

ACC Va Tech
Coastal Va Tech
Atlantic Clemson
B1G Wisc
Legends Nebraska
Leaders Wisc
Big 12 West Virginia
Big East Louisville
Pac 12 Oregon
South Utah
North Oregon
SEC Bama
West Bama
East UGA

BCS Game Bama/Oregon
Winner Bama

Looking good in the SEC, Big East, and B1G.
Pac's still up in the air, but missed on Utah.
Miss on WVU (though that looked good early in the season)
I don't know if I got the ACC right or not, still up in the air. If FSU loses to Va Tech, Clemson can get the Atlantic, and if Va Tech wins against Miami and then FSU, I think they can get the Coastal.

What thread did we post these picks in? I'm lazy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
n0FWL.jpg

Not as good as I'd hoped but not as bad as they could have been. I wish we could just get a picture of somebody wearing the damn thing, though, I hate this trend of showing new uniform styles in a dark room where you can barely see anything. It's hard to tell if the color around the stars on the shoulders is blue or black; it's a different color than the blue in the star but also looks lighter than the helmets which I think are black (but which also appear a lot darker than they did in the pic I posted earlier.

::edit::
0kzy4.jpg

Definitely black on the shoulders.

andycapps

I imagine the offseason topic.

Think I changed back to UGA, when Mizzou lost another Offensive Lineman before the season.

Yeah you did. This is a funny post now.

Lonestar said:
Was going for the east not being able to handle the unknown. Mizzou is the better of the 2 new teams, and everyone else in the East has issues. Not crippling issues, but issues.

But now that Mizzou has Bob Connollyitis, can't choose them.

I'm still looking for my conference picks in the offseason thread.

Okay, found it. Let's see how I'm doing so far:

I hate that smug look the Rodgers brothers have.

ACC: Virginia Tech
-Coastal: VT
-Atlantic: FSU
Big 12: Oklahoma State
B1G: Michigan State
-Michigan State (Legends)
-Wisconsin (Leaders)
Big East: Who cares
Pac 12: Oregon
-North: Oregon
-South: USC
SEC: Georgia
-East: Georgia
-West: Bama

BCS Game: Georgia vs. Oregon
Winner: Georgia

n0FWL.jpg

Not as good as I'd hoped but not as bad as they could have been. I wish we could just get a picture of somebody wearing the damn thing, though, I hate this trend of showing new uniform styles in a dark room where you can barely see anything. It's hard to tell if the color around the stars on the shoulders is blue or black; it's a different color than the blue in the star but also looks lighter than the helmets which I think are black (but which also appear a lot darker than they did in the pic I posted earlier.

Under Armour does what they can to make College Football a worse place. What do your butt stripes look like?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Ash's ceiling is still higher then Case's.

Also, Jonathan Gray is now starting. I am betting it's because everyone else can't stay healthy.

Speaking of not being able to stay healthy, Maryland will be starting their 5th quarterback, a converted linebacker, this weekend.

Lonestar

:lol @ all the USC picks.

But Corn Dog Lover picked USC and Texas. Not sure I see anything worse, besides the Rutgers/Louisville homer picks.

Well, ChiTown's is pretty bad, picking Oklahoma and Wisconsin, with USC winning.

Lonestar

Thinking, if USC wins out, including twice over Oregon, with the 2 losses, do they manage to move back into the BCS game?

People that look to still be correct in their BCS picks:

Myself
Bertram
Some "Wocka Wocka" guy, who's probably never gone to college, let along 8 colleges.

More people have Bama or Oregon versus someone who won't make it:

Ag-my001
The Ron Paul guy
Mighty Healthy
Jstevenson
squicken
Mac the Knife
I Push Fat Kids
LosDaddie
BreastZone

Number goes up if you feel a 1 loss LSU jumps teams, or if USC gets back in it. No one picked ND or KSU. Not many picked Oregon.

ag-my001

My picks look pretty bad right now, though there could be life to them if a couple of teams lose one game. Also seeing how ridiculous it is that we just finished Week 9 and Cincy is 1-1 in conference games.

Edit: and as I was posting, power flickers from Sandy. Not bad enough to restart the PC, but the modem keeps resetting.

Im thinking this is how the scoring should work the Picks.

1 point for division picks
2 points for conference champ pick (this includes conferences where theres no champ game)
2 points for each correct MNC champ game participant
4 points for MNC champ correct.

Thoughts?

Lonestar

2 points for conference champ pick (this includes conferences where theres no champ game)

Thoughts?

Sounds good.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

20 points for each correct MNC champ game participant

Thoughts?

Better.

Cyan

Banned

Thoughts?

What, you should've said this before, I would've made totally different picks!

andycapps

Thoughts?

Works for me.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Under Armour does what they can to make College Football a worse place. What do your butt stripes look like?

No butt stripes that I can see, but there are side stripes, with words!

kuYd7.jpg

DeoXn.jpg

I actually liked them from the beginning but I like them more the longer I think about it and now that we've seen actual pictures on a mannequin. I was bracing for blue jerseys with a white star around the numbers, one leg red and one leg white
which secretly would have been FUCKING AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom