• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 6 - If the Stanford Tree falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
I had a dream that the CFB thread got moved to community and was turned into one season long megathread. This also means, that I was dreaming about NeoGAF.com. I need a break....

I had a dream that the CFB thread got moved to community and was turned into one season long megathread. This also means, that I was dreaming about NeoGAF.com. I need a break....

I'd like to think you frantically waking up and rushing to a computer to check if the CFB threads were really moved to Community.

where is this threat? CFBgaf seems like an impregnable fortress made from mod-kryptonite
how else can one explain our continued existence in OT?

We aren't that bad, but I perceive how an outsider might take someone seriously and it coudl appear so.

But I think in the offseason thread Opiate came in and said mods would keep an eye on this thread. I could be thinking of the wrong mod, but I'm damn near positive a mod came in and made some statement to that effect.

Regardless, any bannings related to this thread are only tangential because Chitown posts here when he isn't setting traps for others in the OT.

I've had between 4-6 dreams centered around GAF, and I've only been here since 2007

One of my early memories was Olimario selling pics of his gf for a PSP. how long ago was that, that is about how long I've been around, initially in lurker form.

edit: Looks like early 2006. No dreams though, at least not that I recall.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We stay here and don't bleed into other threads, outside of obvious moments like the Penn State scandal. Dare I say we are respectful to the forum rules above most of the other sport threads?

For the most part, the guys that post here aren't dicks or overly antagonistic to each other (Natural and MightyHealthy notwithstanding ;P )

So any chance UT wants to take Larry Fedora? UNC is supposedly going to raise requirements for football and basketball, so that'll kill any chance he gets to make them a national power. He might would jump.

It was all good just a year ago....

I remember when me and godfather used to beef with you. My oh my, things have changed :p

man i remember those times, especially giving insider info from our scout site of exactly what went down with damarcus smith, his mom, the job/booster ect ect and the NCAA report was almost spot on.

Yeah, definitely another thing to consider. Fun fact, apparently the basic plan was that when UCF had a successful 2011, GOL would have retired and probably hand picked someone to replace him moving forward. We also hired Ted Roof from Auburn apparently with the expectation he would be a coach in waiting with GOL's blessing.

Then we obviously shit the bed and Roof left the team for PSU before he barely unpacked his bags.
Well at least Roof got his, lol

We aren't that bad, but I perceive how an outsider might take someone seriously and it coudl appear so.

But I think in the offseason thread Opiate came in and said mods would keep an eye on this thread. I could be thinking of the wrong mod, but I'm damn near positive a mod came in and made some statement to that effect.

Regardless, any bannings related to this thread are only tangential because Chitown posts here when he isn't setting traps for others in the OT.

One of my early memories was Olimario selling pics of his gf for a PSP. how long ago was that, that is about how long I've been around, initially in lurker form.

You lurked on GAF for 4 years? I know it takes a while to get an account approved but damn!

I found GAF via postings on gamefaqs every time NPD data was posted. After a few months of being linked to the NPD threads I applied for an account and was approved a couple months later.

Read that list again, dood.

How about Lou? Everybody loves the Doctor.

You lurked on GAF for 4 years? I know it takes a while to get an account approved but damn!

I found GAF via postings on gamefaqs every time NPD data was posted. After a few months of being linked to the NPD threads I applied for an account and was approved a couple months later.

It was one of a few boards. I also used to read SuperHeroHype and SomethingAwful a lot, but I was pretty much exclusively a lurker even over there. Began to post a bit, and then I finally decided to register on GAF, with an e-mail I don't know anymore. So far as I know that account still has not been approved. Got tired of it, reregistered with this name and great success (a year later)!

Don't forget Caldwell & Bender, too, haha

I underestimated the depths an ex-Gata and ex-Orange Bowl committee member would go to cheat in his position of AD - he wasn't even good at it as no players actually played anything except one BB player that got here in 2007.

Although some of the things in the final NCAA report were BS and they definitely dismissed certain evidence we had disputing some claims.

This same AD, Keith Tribble, attempted to borrow funds against the student revenue to buy out GOL so he could bring in Charlie Strong when he was still at UF. Strong was apparently already beginning to assemble his staff for UCF. The UCF president shut it down, though.

This same AD, Keith Tribble, attempted to borrow funds against the student revenue to buy out GOL so he could bring in Charlie Strong when he was still at UF. Strong was apparently already beginning to assemble his staff for UCF. The UCF president shut it down, though.

Damn, that is rough. I was sad to lose Strong in the Addazio era. I'm glad we got Muschamp, but I thought Strong would have been a good choice if the timing had worked out better/if he ever had a realistic chance.

I underestimated the depths an ex-Gata and ex-Orange Bowl committee member would go to cheat in his position of AD - he wasn't even good at it as no players actually played anything except one BB player that got here in 2007.

Although some of the things in the final NCAA report were BS and they definitely dismissed certain evidence we had disputing some claims.

I know y'all got fined and some years of probation...are you still banned from the postseason this year?

And respectfully, I couldn't be happier about how it all turned out.

Ceebs

Damn, that is rough. I was sad to lose Strong in the Addazio era. I'm glad we got Muschamp, but I thought Strong would have been a good choice if the timing had worked out better/if he ever had a realistic chance.

Totally agree. I think most of the fans would have been 100% on board with it too. He deserved a shot long before UL came calling. Still glad we saw the writing on the wall with how Bama and LSU were building teams and went with a defensive minded coach this time.

This year, no. UCF appealed one sanction - that being the bowl ban for 2012. If the NCAA denies the appeal, the ban will move to 2013 since a decision would come after the season. Very slim chance the NCAA is able to get a ruling out before the conference championship game. I think UCF can drop the appeal for this season too, but I don't know.

As for how things turned out.... Hopefully things are just getting started between UL and UCF. The same areas are recruited and there is already some bad blood there between the schools with this situation. Your knob-slobbing reporters don't help the situation either!

Charlie was a diamond in the rough...and had been passed over for a couple gigs. He has something to prove, and he may be more loyal than many speculate.

Tom Jurich really knocked it out the park with his hire. It almost makes up for Kragthorpe. Almost.
This year, no. UCF appealed one sanction - that being the bowl ban for 2012. If the NCAA denies the appeal, the ban will move to 2013 since a decision would come after the season. Very slim chance the NCAA is able to get a ruling out before the conference championship game. I think UCF can drop the appeal for this season too, but I don't know.

As for how things turned out.... Hopefully things are just getting started between UL and UCF. The same areas are recruited and there is already some bad blood there between the schools with this situation. Your knob-slobbing reporters don't help the situation either!
Thanks for the info. Explains why I heard about it this summer, but not during game discussion.

I was honestly excited about UCF joining the Big East...if we get stuck CUSA 2.0, at least there might be an interesting new rivalry.

Kragthorpe was with it as a non fan for the meltdowns. Krapthorpe indeed!
That was a time when I would have agreed with everything TheNatural said.

And while he's long gone, we felt the effects years after....in the poor recruiting classes he brought us, as well as that whole "probably got passed up by the Big 12 because he dragged the program down so much" thing.

Opiate

Yep, it was me, and yes, Im still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom