• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 6 - If the Stanford Tree falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

CoachCraig Bohl at NDSU; started coaching at the start of NDSU's transition to DI-AA, went 10-1 (11 game regular seasons) during the probation period, went 3-8 in 2009 but rebuilt and won the national championship in 2011 and is currently ranked #1 in FCS. Record since taking over in 2003 80-31. Was DC at Nebraska before going to NDSU.

Might be a good coach or even a great one but something else I forgot to mention because of the dumpster fire this place is and all the losing Dooley has been doing the hire has to be someone that will get the entire fanbase excited.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I hope fsu can bounce back this week and put up Wake-like numbers against Boston college. I have my doubts. I am still hopeful for an acc title this year though. It has been forever since we actually won the damn conference title.

I hope fsu can bounce back this week and put up Wake-like numbers against Boston college. I have my doubts. I am still hopeful for an acc title this year though. It has been forever since we actually won the damn conference title.

They lost to Army, dude. Army. If you don't Savannah State them don't even show up for the UF game.

desh

Hey, maybe it'll be a Miami-FSU ACC Championship game!

Enfinit

Not sure we have ever played Miami twice in a season so that would be cool.

We gotta hope the Terps and NC State lose first.

The fucking Terps. And Duke doesn't look shabby. Yea, that Duke.

But a Miami rematch would be sick. The FSU/Miami rivalry is right behind UF, however I feel it's more intense. There's usually more on the line at Miami other than just glory.

In other Ohio State news, The Shoe celebrated its 90th birthday today.

536425_10151055158960899_870781799_n.jpg

Enfinit

I didn't even know it was that possible, already. Wow.

Well, I mean it's still a stretch, but Miami's 3-0 in the ACC and Duke's right behind them at 2-0. With our loss at NC State, the Atlantic has the potential to be wide open, however the Coastal is pretty much going to be either Miami or Duke. GT's at 1-1 and UNC's there as well, however the Tarheels are banned from the post season.

Duke's pretty decent. They're sitting at 5-1 with their only loss being at Stanford. They're won their other four games a combined 214-101. They're not concrete, but still pretty solid. They actually got a few votes to be in the top 25 this week too.

It'd be awesome to see Duke in the ACC Championship. Who the fuck would've picked Duke over Miami or VT?! I mean... they're fucking DUKE.

Someone in the gaming section GIF'd the Zelda part.

ib2owfjWoFrc4w.gif

Pretty fucking amazing. I guess this is a situation where every week they practice the routine, and then set aside to practice for this?

Of course, this being GAF someone in the official thread: "haven't you ever seen a marching band before?"

Aesius

Might be a good coach or even a great one but something else I forgot to mention because of the dumpster fire this place is and all the losing Dooley has been doing the hire has to be someone that will get the entire fanbase excited.

Yep. No more bargain coaches, no more up and comers. Just get someone who can win, plz. If they get the timing right, they can probably make the switch without losing many (if any) recruits, provided most of the assistants stay on board. And then the new guy can start making an impact right away in 2013. The roster will actually be fairly loaded next year.

bluemax

Banned
Pretty fucking amazing. I guess this is a situation where every week they practice the routine, and then set aside to practice for this?

Of course, this being GAF someone in the official thread: "haven't you ever seen a marching band before?"

When I was in the marching band at USC we practice 3 nights a week for about 2, 2.5 hours, then we met on Saturday mornings at 6:09am for practice/run through for another 2-3 hours depending upon when kick off was.

I actually still have a bunch of the field show guides back at my parents house, of course they don't really make a lot of sense unless you've marched before.

The thing about a field show like what Ohio State did is that its actually not that complicated or difficult.

Aesius

Tennessee needs a Zook!

Dooley is Zook+Shula, except without any significant wins to speak of. Both of those guys, as tarnished as their legacies are, actually beat a few decent teams every now and then. Hell, Shula won 10 games and landed Bama on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Yep...failed head coaches almost always:

- become a position coach at a bigger or comparable school
- go or go back to the NFL
- or get a HC job at a smaller school

bachikarn

Yep. No more bargain coaches, no more up and comers. Just get someone who can win, plz. If they get the timing right, they can probably make the switch without losing many (if any) recruits, provided most of the assistants stay on board. And then the new guy can start making an impact right away in 2013. The roster will actually be fairly loaded next year.

Does such a coach exist? Most likely a coach is going to want to bring the majority of his current staff unless he is a position coach.

jjasper

Does such a coach exist? Most likely a coach is going to want to bring the majority of his current staff unless he is a position coach.
I doubt many of the assistants stay. Jay Graham would because he is the best coach on the team and one of/if not the best RB coaches in the country.

When I was in the marching band at USC we practice 3 nights a week for about 2, 2.5 hours, then we met on Saturday mornings at 6:09am for practice/run through for another 2-3 hours depending upon when kick off was.

I actually still have a bunch of the field show guides back at my parents house, of course they don't really make a lot of sense unless you've marched before.

The thing about a field show like what Ohio State did is that its actually not that complicated or difficult.

Then I defer to the man with the wisdom. I assumed it takes a lot more practice as you rarely see other bands try so much coordination.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
mre's List of Preferred Head Coaches for Tennessee (no order below #1):

(1) Phil Fulmer
(2) Skip Holtz
(3) John L. Smith
(4) Houston Nutt
(5) Lou Holtz
(6) Charlie Weisz
(7) Gene Chizik
(8) Mike DuBose
(9) Mike Price
(10) Turner Gill
(11) That guy who coached at Coastal Carolina last year who hates cats and wanted his team to be a bunch of "dogs"
(12) LSU's Offensive Coordinator
(13) Ty Willingham
(14) Garfield
(15) The loser of Obama and Romney

cdyhybrid

mre's List of Preferred Head Coaches for Tennessee (no order below #1):

(1) Phil Fulmer
(2) Skip Holtz
(3) John L. Smith
(4) Houston Nutt
(5) Lou Holtz
(6) Charlie Weisz
(7) Gene Chizik
(8) Mike DuBose
(9) Mike Price
(10) Turner Gill
(11) That guy who coached at Coastal Carolina last year who hates cats and wanted his team to be a bunch of "dogs"
(12) LSU's Offensive Coordinator
(13) Ty Willingham
(14) Garfield
(15) The loser of Obama and Romney

Tyrone is way too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom