• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 6 - If the Stanford Tree falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

impirius

banner.jpg

If Little Debbie designed pants...

jjasper

Who do UT fans want to replace him with?
Someone that has at least demonstrated he is capable of winning. The go to name will be Gruden (lol), realistic choices will be coaches that have been successful somewhere or a proven OC/DC that has been a part of a championship team ( as long as it isn't Kirby Smart).

"The Mountaineers scored more than 34 points twice last season in the Big East. They've already hung 70 on last year's 3rd place team, and they put 48 on the board tonight in Austin."

AntoneM

Someone that has at least demonstrated he is capable of winning. The go to name will be Gruden (lol), realistic choices will be coaches that have been successful somewhere or a proven OC/DC that has been a part of a championship team ( as long as it isn't Kirby Smart).

CoachCraig Bohl at NDSU; started coaching at the start of NDSU's transition to DI-AA, went 10-1 (11 game regular seasons) during the probation period, went 3-8 in 2009 but rebuilt and won the national championship in 2011 and is currently ranked #1 in FCS. Record since taking over in 2003 80-31. Was DC at Nebraska before going to NDSU.

"The Mountaineers scored more than 34 points twice last season in the Big East. They've already hung 70 on last year's 3rd place team, and they put 48 on the board tonight in Austin."

Big XII defense. I think their offense will sputter out once or twice, they better hope it isn't against one of the better teams. Still, not a bad start.

USC, not USCe.

I saw Meier post last night, I think he was at the Texas game though.

That big W does stand for Washington, right? Then it matters not. Good luck, though. As long as USC beats ND they can lose every other game without complaint.

Yeah, Yaboosh and Meier popped in. Not sure about LosDaddie or Striker, but I don't think any of them would be shocked enough by a disappointing loss to run away. And I may just have forgotten.

squicken

@Mengus22: Virginia Tech and Cal both received votes in the initial Harris Poll. Seriously.

jesus. god only knows what geniuses the star chamber will be comprised of

cdyhybrid

That big W does stand for Washington, right? Then it matters not. Good luck, though. As long as USC beats ND they can lose every other game without complaint.

Yeah, Yaboosh and Meier popped in. Not sure about LosDaddie or Striker, but I don't think any of them would be shocked enough by a disappointing loss to run away. And I may just have forgotten.

We've beaten them 2 of the last 3 years and we're at home. We have a decent shot.

Has the Harris Poll been posted? And is it enough of a thing to be worth posting? Well, either way, it's part of the BCS, so here it is. Note: Like the Coaches' Poll, teams banned from post season can't be voted for.

1 Alabama (108) 2,820
2 Oregon (5) 2,706
3 South Carolina 2,565
4 West Virginia 2,376
5 Kansas State 2,355
6 Florida 2,305
7 Notre Dame 2,210
8 LSU 1,901
9 Florida State 1,736
10 USC 1,634
11 Georgia 1,532
12 Oregon State 1,516
13 Oklahoma 1,428
14 Clemson 1,410
15 Texas 1,287
16 Stanford 1,266
17 Mississippi State 1,093
18 Louisville 1,088
19 Rutgers 785
20 Cincinnati 552
21 TCU 384
22 Boise State 335
23 Texas A&M 291
24 Louisiana Tech 147
25 Iowa State 129

Other teams receiving votes: Baylor 126; Michigan State 121; Ohio 108; Arizona State 99; Nebraska 75; Michigan 67; Northwestern 42; Wisconsin 42; Texas Tech 39; NC State 33; Oklahoma State 31; Duke 21; UCLA 16; Nevada 13; Washington 12; California 6; Western Kentucky 5; Fresno State 4; Tulsa 4; Tennessee 3; Arizona 2; Louisiana-Monroe 2; Virginia Tech 2; Toledo 1.

Has the Harris Poll been posted? And is it enough of a thing to be worth posting? Well, either way, it's part of the BCS, so here it is. Note: Like the Coaches' Poll, teams banned from post season can't be voted for.
And here I thought the coaches just liked us more. Seriously :(

Piggus

Holy shit, those Oregon band uniforms can't be real.

I hate our god damn band. They do the national anthem pretty well and that's it. That Ohio State band video posted earlier makes me hate our band even more and takes me back to the 2010 Rose Bowl where Ohio State's band was fucking amazing and ours was just as shitty as always.

bluemax

Banned
I hate our god damn band. They do the national anthem pretty well and that's it. That Ohio State band video posted earlier makes me hate our band even more and takes me back to the 2010 Rose Bowl where Ohio State's band was fucking amazing and ours was just as shitty as always.

Don't worry, as long as Stanford is in the Pac 12 you won't have the worst band in the conference!

The Notre Dame band played a Back to the Future themed half-time show at Soldier Field which included them forming the DeLorean and moving across the field. They then did a song with some of the members of Chicago. So if you were over thirty it was a great show.

Piggus

Don't worry, as long as Stanford is in the Pac 12 you won't have the worst band in the conference!

I actually kind of admire Stanford's "casual" style for the band. :p

Ours is more like "ok, since Nike doesn't make band uniforms then we're all going to dress up as golfers instead."

Piggus

Can't march, can't play instruments, can't even be funny very well?

No problem! Just pretend you're sucking on purpose!

It's brilliant. They suck but at least it's kind of amusing. Ours sucks just because they, well, suck. lol

The Notre Dame band played a Back to the Future themed half-time show at Soldier Field which included them forming the DeLorean and moving across the field. They then did a song with some of the members of Chicago. So if you were over thirty it was a great show.

Ours played "We Built This City" while girls twirled around (and frequently dropped) fake rifles. Ugh.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I'm pretty sure Colorado has a band.

I dunno, but I bet they are better than our football team. I am really concerned that we are turning into a netball school. Damn C-Unit.

You can't hate lesser talent for being lesser talent.

Also, I was going to say at least they aren't Stanford, but it looks like this thread already wen there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom