• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 6 - If the Stanford Tree falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Here's some stats that should make everyone smile:

NCAA Scoring Offense - PPG said:
119 Auburn 15.4

NCAA Passing Offense - YPG said:
112 Auburn 172.0

NCAA Total Offense - YPG said:
115 Auburn 302.4

Red Zone Score said:
106 Auburn 70.00 conversion 2 touchdowns 5 field goals

Sacks Allowed said:
110 Auburn 17.0 total 3.40/game

Interceptions said:
119 Auburn 1

3rd Down Conversion % said:
118 Auburn 29.03%

Turnover Margin said:
124 Auburn -2.20

Tackles For Loss Allowed / Game said:
124 Auburn 9.20

JHall

I love how people still bring this shit up a decade later.

For what it's worth, they did indeed botch the call. It should have been a hold, not a pass interference.

58630627-lol-reaction.gif

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot in the B1G you're not allowed to touch the receiver.

Wasnt cooper generally considered a good recruiter? Not including Steve bellisari

Yes and no.

One of the primary reasons Michigan dominated us during Coop's tenure was because Lloyd Carr's recruiters were running wild in Ohio.

He did a great job recruiting out of the south, though.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot in the B1G you're not allowed to touch the receiver.

Bringing up the 2002 National Championship is so edgy and provocative. Nice job, dude.

jjasper

Tennessee was already in shambles when he got there, he just left it even more that way. Don't blame him, either. USC is a much better job, even with sanctions.

I don't blame him for leaving only people that wouldn't have taken that job are UT lifelongs. But yeah he definitely left the place worse than he found it. That plus the administration not willing to pay market value for a big time coach left us in this hell with a coach that had a losing recording in the WAC.

Edit: And FL fans are right soon as shit doesn't go his way Meyer is going to quit. Dude cant handle adversity.

Edit2: Also now that Fooley is gone and LA is ranked in the top 25. Shocking they got better without him.

Called it! USC at 11. LSU shouldn't be in the top 10 by any stretch, though. They've looked horrible all season and got massively exposed. But SECSECSECweekinweekout

I see you realized at the end there that what you mean is they got exposed by the SEC scheduling. When a powerhouse like this year's Florida team plays you, that will happen. Obviously LSU is a fantastic team in their own right, and they will surely recover. You saw them play Auburn and Towson State, right? Tough customers.

Although they did look good against their Pac-12 competition. But then who hasn't, except Stanford. And, well Stanford ... I apologize.

bachikarn

One of them was with a Ron Zook recruiting class.

He won't win a national championship in the B1G. His gimmicky offense works in that conference because of the lesser talent that exists there.

As soon as Nick Saban came to the SEC and Dan Mullen left. Urban's offense went toOp shit.

What is with this gimmick offense bullshit? UF won an NC twice with that gimmick offense, and so did Auburn and Tejas. You know what is a gimmick? Running the ball 58 times, 22 times in a row, and only attempting one long pass. You think that is going to work against Saban? It's no coincidence that it only started working after LSU's linebackers got injured.

I don't even get your first point. It seems to imply that he isn't a good recruiter, which isn't the case. I think Meyer might have issue with talent evaluation though, because our last classes, while ranked high, kind of ended up as duds.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
My Oregon State Beavers top 10... fuck.. this season is so screwy.

I love my Beavers, but they were picked to be dusting the cellar this year.. and now top 10... ha.

..btw.. they are not a Top 10 team.. I love the way they've started, and it's not "luck" that got those wins.. but a few play changes here and there and they are 1-3.

What is with this gimmick offense bullshit? UF won an NC twice with that gimmick offense, and so did Auburn and Tejas. You know what is a gimmick? Running the ball 58 times, 22 times in a row, and only attempting one long pass. You think that is going to work against Saban? It's no coincidence that it only started working after LSU's linebackers got injured.

I don't even get your first point. It seems to imply that he isn't a good recruiter, which isn't the case. I think Meyer might have issue with talent evaluation though, because our last classes, while ranked high, kind of ended up as duds.

I agree. And that is why I don't wish him ill, even though I do believe he left us in a poor state. Hell, there was well received speculation that he would stay on as part of the AD after he left. Going to Ohio State so soon had definitely colored him negatively with some people. I can understand, I would have burned a couch if he left Florida for Notre Dame, his "dream job," that he turned down a couple of times.

Anyways, this will still somehow get you drawn into a fight with the Ohio State fans over salt.

edit: Although to clarify, I need more QB, but I loved running it all over them. And the number of runs was also a relevant factor in LB injuries.

I don't blame him for leaving only people that wouldn't have taken that job are UT lifelongs. But yeah he definitely left the place worse than he found it. That plus the administration not willing to pay market value for a big time coach left us in this hell with a coach that had a losing recording in the WAC.

But no-teeth Chizik!

JHall

You're right. I was talking about it from an evaluation stand point.

Andre DeBose is a perfect example. #1 ranked wide receiver and hasn't done anything at all since he's been there.

mre

You're right. I was talking about it from an evaluation stand point.

Andre DeBose is a perfect example. #1 ranked wide receiver and hasn't done anything at all since he's been there.
He caught a TD against Bama last year that still annoys me to think about.

Bertram, how about we come to peace terms. Because, holy shit at the Browns!

He caught a TD against Bama last year that still annoys me to think about.

Killing two QBs like five minutes later isn't enough for you? No wonder Lucifer works out as coach there.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Because they've convinced themselves that they can win the Big Ten and go to a BCS bowl still...

...I know, I don't get it, either.

Have you seen the rest of our shitty conference? Seems like a pretty realistic goal to me. I mean someone has to make a BCS bowl don't they?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Here's some stats that should make everyone smile:

Does my heart good. Like I said, I think Alabama A&M is actually going to have a chance at them. They'll probably be 10-0 or 9-1 in the FCS if they keep up the way they've been playing.

Unfortunately I don't know anybody on this years team. The guys I knew all graduated last year or the year before.

Cyan

Banned
Damn at that Ohio St win. Still can't believe we took them to the wire. Urban offense still getting revved up?

cdyhybrid

And I missed most of it because I was waiting in line for the restroom. :sadface

The Epona formation is insane. Our band is so fucking awesome.

That was incredible.

#4!!!! Holy shit! We back!

FS...FLORIDA IS BACK BABY!!

I see you realized at the end there that what you mean is they got exposed by the SEC scheduling. When a powerhouse like this year's Florida team plays you, that will happen. Obviously LSU is a fantastic team in their own right, and they will surely recover. You saw them play Auburn and Towson State, right? Tough customers.

Although they did look good against their Pac-12 competition. But then who hasn't, except Stanford. And, well Stanford ... I apologize.

To be fair, our team is probably the worst team in the history of college football.

They even got the flop of Pikachu's ear right. Really nicely done.

And yeah, holy fuck at the Epona formation. Place was going nuts at that part too, well deserved.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
always like the Million Dollar Band, but until they do something better than that VG Medley, they're 2nd in my heart.

mre

always like the Million Dollar Band, but until they do something better than that VG Medley, they're 2nd in my heart.
Really? I fucking hate them. They don't march because they're too damn big. The announcer at the Ole Miss game said something along the lines that there are 430 members. And each one of them can buy a student ticket to the game in addition to the one that they get as a member of the band.

I have never been to an Alabama game and not been absolutely bored by the half-time show.

When does the coaches poll come out?
Last page.

We usually have one awesome show a year. The 2010 Iowa Halloween game was pretty amazing as well.

A lot of the times they'll do some classical stuff or jazz themes. The Uab game they did a space theme to honor John Glenn and it was pretty awesome.

This is why they are the best damn band in the land!

We usually have one awesome show a year. The 2010 Iowa Halloween game was pretty amazing as well.

A lot of the times they'll do some classical stuff or jazz themes. The Uab game they did a space theme to honor John Glenn and it was pretty awesome.

This is why they are the best damn band in the land!

The awesome uniforms help, too.

original.jpg

I'm not sure why most marching bands have hideous uniforms, but I'm glad ours don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom