• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 6 - If the Stanford Tree falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Others receiving votes: Ohio 79, Baylor 62, Iowa State 54, TCU 50, Michigan State 49, Arizona State 39, Washington 39, North Carolina State 17, Nebraska 5, Arizona 4, Duke 3, Tennessee 3, Texas Tech 2, Tulsa 2, Penn State 1, Northwestern 1

Pretty much how I feel.
Make a stop, Bo was using his timeouts and there over a minute left. Step up and make a play on defense.

Also how is Martinez still starting, he is pretty garbage.

I watched his post-game presser and he comes across as a real dumbass.

Toward the end he said something like "This game really didn't matter a lot," because they can still make it to the B1G Championship if they win out.

What a great attitude for your starting QB to have.

Holy crap. I can't believe my wolfpack beat FSU again.

Yes.

I figured FSU would lose to NC State

lol FSU is back!!!hahahaha

Yes

AP's website just updated:

1 Alabama (60) 1
2 Oregon 2
3 South Carolina 6
4 Florida 10
5 West Virginia 8
6 Kansas State 7
7 Notre Dame 9
8 Ohio State 12
9 LSU 4
10 Oregon State 14
11 USC 13
12 Florida State 3
13 Oklahoma 17
14 Georgia 5
15 Texas 11
16 Clemson 15
17 Stanford 18
18 Louisville 19
19 Mississippi State 20
20 Rutgers 22
21 Cincinnati -
22 Texas A&M -
23 Louisiana Tech -
24 Boise State -
25 Michigan -

It's Great to be A Florida Gator!

Can't wait for the crushing disappointment when it falls apart. Although to be honest, I still don't think this team is that good, so I don't think it will hurt that much. This fucking team is ranked number 4 in bullshit rankings.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Yeah...that game was all sorts of disheartening. I mean, we looked like we would win with 5 minutes left in the second quarter, but then then almost entire rest of the game we got absolutely destroyed by stupid picks, bad penalties, and the ongoing theme of the last 5 years: The inability to stop a mobile quarterback.

Chumly

Yeah...that game was all sorts of disheartening. I mean, we looked like we would win with 5 minutes left in the second quarter, but then then almost entire rest of the game we got absolutely destroyed by stupid picks, bad penalties, and the ongoing theme of the last 5 years: The inability to stop a mobile quarterback.
I think what pisses me off the most is that bo is supposed to be a defensive mastermind and we have one of our worst defensives ever. Absolute terrible job of recruiting.

Coaches' Poll

Alabama (58) 1 5-0
Oregon (1) 2 6-0
South Carolina 3 6-0
West Virginia 4 5-0
Kansas State 5 5-0
Florida 6 5-0
Notre Dame 7 5-0
LSU 8 5-1
Southern California 9 4-1
Oklahoma 10 3-1
Florida State 11 5-1
Georgia 12 5-1
Clemson 13 5-1
Oregon State 14 4-0
Texas 15 4-1
Louisville 16 5-0
Stanford 17 4-1
Mississippi State 18 5-0
Rutgers 19 5-0
Cincinnati 20 4-0
Texas A&M 21 4-1
Boise State 22 4-1
TCU 23 4-1
Louisiana Tech 24 5-0
Iowa State 25 4-1

Coaches' Poll

Alabama (58) 1 5-0
Oregon (1) 2 6-0
South Carolina 3 6-0
West Virginia 4 5-0
Kansas State 5 5-0
Florida 6 5-0
Notre Dame 7 5-0
LSU 8 5-1
Southern California 9 4-1
Oklahoma 10 3-1
Florida State 11 5-1
Georgia 12 5-1
Clemson 13 5-1
Oregon State 14 4-0
Texas 15 4-1
Louisville 16 5-0
Stanford 17 4-1
Mississippi State 18 5-0
Rutgers 19 5-0
Cincinnati 20 4-0
Texas A&M 21 4-1
Boise State 22 4-1
TCU 23 4-1
Louisiana Tech 24 5-0
Iowa State 25 4-1

Boo this poll!

I do like KSU, and they will have to run the table, so I can't hate too much.

I did say FSU was due for a derp loss. I guess I was just a week too early in thinking it would be against USF.

And Coaches Poll is out.

CNN SI said:
1 Alabama (58)
2 Oregon (1)
3 South Carolina
4 West Virginia
5 Kansas State
6 Florida
7 Notre Dame
8 LSU
9 USC
10 Oklahoma
11 Florida State
12 Georgia
13 Clemson
14 Oregon State
15 Texas
16 Louisville
17 Stanford
18 Mississippi State
19 Rutgers
20 Cincinnati

21 Texas A&M
22 Boise State
23 TCU
24 Louisiana Tech
25 Iowa State

Others Receiving Votes: Arizona State61, Baylor52, Michigan33, Northwestern31, Michigan State27, Ohio23, Nebraska18, Texas Tech11, Duke10, Wisconsin8, Western Kentucky7, North Carolina State6, Louisiana-Lafayette6, Oklahoma State5, San Jose State4, Louisiana-Monroe3, Nevada2, Toledo2

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/coaches/#ixzz28dE0R4gc

Edit: Beaten. Damn formatting.

BEAST BEAST BEAST

Slurmer

Banned
Ohio St keeps moving up. If miller stops getting hurt every game they have a chance to win out, which would be cool/meaningless

It's Great to be A Florida Gator!

Can't wait for the crushing disappointment when it falls apart. Although to be honest, I still don't think this team is that good, so I don't think it will hurt that much. This fucking team is ranked number 4 in bullshit rankings.

They're probably a little overrated, but at least they aren't Florida St.

No salt from me. I wish him and your team well (unless we play). But he definitely quit and left Florida a shambles.

Eh... it's been what, two years since he left? And you're back in the top 10 already? Albeit maybe it is more due to losses by other teams ahead of you - either way, you're still there.

"Left in shambles" is what Kiffykins did to Tennessee.

Tennessee was already in shambles when he got there, he just left it even more that way. Don't blame him, either. USC is a much better job, even with sanctions.

Urban quit pretty much as soon as Tebow went out the door. Extremely hands off, poor discipline, poor coaching, etc.

There is a reason Florida fans are shocked at our apparent recovery, and even then many still don't think we are top 10 good.

Tennessee was already in shambles when he got there, he just left it even more that way. Don't blame him, either. USC is a much better job, even with sanctions.

Urban quit pretty much as soon as Tebow went out the door. Extremely hands off, poor discipline, poor coaching, etc.

There is a reason Florida fans are shocked at our apparent recovery, and even then many still don't think we are top 10 good.

Two national championships.

No one feels sorry for you.

JHall

One of them was with a Ron Zook recruiting class.

I'll pay his severance myself if he gets us two more national championships.

He won't win a national championship in the B1G. His gimmicky offense works in that conference because of the lesser talent that exists there.

As soon as Nick Saban came to the SEC and Dan Mullen left. Urban's offense went to shit.

? I really don't get the apparent disdain you feel for my comments, or how any of this is inconsistent with what I have said.

You do realize we are playing with a number of scholarship players for the last couple of years as if we were sanctioned? I don't really know what I need to tell you to show you we were left in a bad state. 6-6 doesn't work for you?

I guess you don't believe me. I am not really sure why we are having this debate. I even wished your team and Meyer well before you decided that polling actually means something.

The bitterness of Florida fans is delicious.

I mean I guess if you guys feel like whining about us not being happy with having a shitty team over the last few years:

Congrats on losing badly in back to back MNC games.

Congrats on 6-7

Congrats on your bowl ban, hope you go places this year.

edit: Oh, and Congrats of finally beating an SEC team a few years back. Oh, whoops.

Godfather, Natural, and other Cards fans - watch The Strong Side!

Charlie is obviously not very comfortable in front of the camera, but you hear how much he enjoys this team, and it's always fun to hear him talk about them.

The show is very well put together, blunt at times, and features Paul Rogers. Three reasons it won't disappoint you.

DVR it, it's about 15-20 minutes, and totally worth your time.

edit: there's a feature with Pat Moorer, it's hilarious. a journalist gets put through an excruciating workout, and hilarity ensues.

Called it! USC at 11. LSU shouldn't be in the top 10 by any stretch, though. They've looked horrible all season and got massively exposed. But SECSECSECweekinweekout

You're welcome! :D

Missed the game, sadly. Out of town for a funeral. This one's for you, grandma. Go Bears!

Sorry for your loss. Grandma :(

... and congrats on the win! That was why I put you guys in the Pick'em bro! Golden bears over baby bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom