• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 6 - If the Stanford Tree falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
ASU top of the Pac-12 South.

This feels weird.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm shockingly non-distraught over the loss to Texas.

Still feel like this team can win 8-9 games and have a nice season--and the Big 12 is absolutely wide open. I'd be surprised if the league winner has fewer than 2 losses.

KU, ISU (reveeeeeeenge!) and TCU are next.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
and if anything, Bama is underrated.
You want to know how I know you didn't watch the Bama-Ole Miss game? That comment right there. Plus we just lost one of our most explosive receivers (ACL) and another running back (potentiall ACL), which, if you're keeping score at home, leaves us with our depth at that position as: three scholarship running backs, our backup quarterback, and a white guy.
Arkansas @ Auburn by X
It's the immovable object of suckiness versus the irresistable force of hoplessness. WHO WILL WIN?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You want to know how I know you didn't watch the Bama-Ole Miss game? That comment right there. Plus we just lost one of our most explosive receivers (ACL) and another running back (potentiall ACL), which, if you're keeping score at home, leaves us with our depth at that position as: three scholarship running backs, our backup quarterback, and a white guy.

It's the immovable object of suckiness versus the irresistable force of hoplessness. WHO WILL WIN?

Couple other injuries, don't know if they were as bad though.

And I think Bama looked inept last night, especially on offense (again). That game felt closer than the final score.

mre

Couple other injuries, don't know if they were as bad though.

And I think Bama looked inept last night, especially on offense (again). That game felt closer than the final score.

The other injuries were minor and should all be back for Mizzou. Hart might be back, too, if we're lucky.

That game was really frustrating. i was really, really hoping it'd be a blowout so we could leave at the end of the third quarter.

GAF Pick'em Week 6
*all games Saturday unless otherwise marked

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Syracuse by 4
Arkansas @ Auburn by 7
Northwestern @ Penn State by 10
Arizona @ Stanford by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 10
LSU @ Florida by 4
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 4
Michigan @ Purdue by 10
Georgia @ South Carolina by 4 (go cocks)
West Virginia @ Texas by 4
Miami @ Notre Dame by 10
Florida State @ NC State by 20
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 4
UCLA @ California by 7
Washington @ Oregon by 20

also, results from last week will be up sometime later this week. I spent the whole weekend moving into a new apartment so I haven't had time to get around to it just yet.

God, stop with the lame excuses.

Next you're going to tell us you're behind because your dog's grandma died.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Arkansas @ Auburn by 10
Arizona @ Stanford by 7
Virginia @ Duke by 12
LSU @ Florida by 4
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 7
Michigan @ Purdue by 15
Georgia @ South Carolina by 12
West Virginia @ Texas by 7
Miami @ Notre Dame by 8
Florida State @ NC State by 21
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 7
UCLA @ California by 10
Washington @ Oregon by 18

Got my ticket for the OSU/Nebraska game.

It was $100 (crazy markup, which is to be expected) and I'll have to haul my ass up to C-deck, but the view will be awesome, so I'm more than happy with it. I almost always get stuck in north or south stands, so this will be a nice change.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

And Peaches' Boy.

It was an ugly win, and with those injuries (especially if Hart's is season ending) it might as well be a loss.

I feel the lions share of blame goes to the late start. One of the latest starts to an Alabama game I've ever seen.

The rest goes to the Offensive line. Another unusually average performance, like the WKU game. Perhaps they are too large, implying they are too slow, against small and quick D-Lineman (which is what Ole Miss has)

Defense did well, but it goes to show, that a west coast style offense, that if clicking, can eventually score against Alabama's defense. Put together enough 4 or 5 yard passes in a row (or going for it on 4th down all the time), can eventually get you to the goal line. Still, one of the 2 TD's shouldn't count, that dude was short on 4th down! And Lester didn't fumble that interception! I blame the Lingerie Bowl Refs.

-NeoTB1-

GAF Pick'em Week 6

Arkansas @ Auburn by 7
Northwestern @ Penn State by 4
Arizona @ Stanford by 6
Virginia @ Duke by 4
LSU @ Florida by 7
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 5
Michigan @ Purdue by 10
Georgia @ South Carolina by 9
Miami @ Notre Dame by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 17
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 6
UCLA @ California by 7
Washington @ Oregon by 10

Lonestar

Arkansas @ Auburn by 7
Arizona @ Stanford by 7
Virginia @ Duke by 4 (THIS ONE'S FOR TREES)
LSU @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Purdue by 6
Georgia @ South Carolina by 6
Miami @ Notre Dame by 6
Florida State @ NC State by 14
UCLA @ California by 4
Washington @ Oregon by 14

If anything, this'll put me that much closer to dead last. Or at least the last place of the people that are still playing, and not the quitters.

It was $100 (crazy markup, which is to be expected) and I'll have to haul my ass up to C-deck, but the view will be awesome, so I'm more than happy with it. I almost always get stuck in north or south stands, so this will be a nice change.

South stands represent!!!

I dont mind the south stands, its fun over there.

I'm not sure if im going to the tailgate I usually do, but if I do Ill let you know and get u a pass if youre interested. My g/f's friends are intown for her bday so not sure whats going on yet.

Kevtones

Pittsburgh by 17
Auburn by 3
Northwestern by 7
Arizona by 10
Virginia by 3
Florida by 3
Oklahoma by 21
Purdue by 13
Georgia by 14
WVU by 7
Miami by 3
NC State by 3
Nebraska by 10
California by 13
Oregon by 28

South stands represent!!!

I dont mind the south stands, its fun over there.

I'm not sure if im going to the tailgate I usually do, but if I do Ill let you know and get u a pass if youre interested. My g/f's friends are intown for her bday so not sure whats going on yet.

South stands' atmosphere makes up for the less-than-ideal view. It's usually my first choice, actually.

However, students who are trying to sell their $32 tickets for $200+ on StubHub can go fuck themselves. I know what it's like to be a poor college student looking for some cash, but come the fuck on.

Sweet. (But if not, no problem!)

Jeff-DSA

Arkansas @ Auburn by 14
Northwestern @ Penn State by 6
Arizona @ Stanford by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 3
LSU @ Florida by 4
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 14
Michigan @ Purdue by 9
Georgia @ South Carolina by 13
Miami @ Notre Dame by 3
UCLA @ California by 14
Washington @ Oregon by 17

So our starting RB, Jordan Hall, partially tore his PCL vs sparty. Sounds like its a week to week injury for not, but doubtful for UNL game.

Also one our young WR, T.Y. Williams, who was expected big things of, dude was aorund 6'4 I think. Got dismissed from the team this morning.

Sweet. (But if not, no problem!)

If you would like to, PM me your cell number, and I can text you when I know for sure/more.

mre

And Peaches' Boy.

It was an ugly win, and with those injuries (especially if Hart's is season ending) it might as well be a loss.

I feel the lions share of blame goes to the late start. One of the latest starts to an Alabama game I've ever seen.

The rest goes to the Offensive line. Another unusually average performance, like the WKU game. Perhaps they are too large, implying they are too slow, against small and quick D-Lineman (which is what Ole Miss has)

Defense did well, but it goes to show, that a west coast style offense, that if clicking, can eventually score against Alabama's defense. Put together enough 4 or 5 yard passes in a row (or going for it on 4th down all the time), can eventually get you to the goal line. Still, one of the 2 TD's shouldn't count, that dude was short on 4th down! And Lester didn't fumble that interception! I blame the Lingerie Bowl Refs.

Dee Hart officially done for the year.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
screen_shot_2012-09-28_at_1.11.50_am_standard_1348809156_352.png

My opinion of Stanford fan took a big hit.

GAF Pick'em Week 6
*all games Saturday unless otherwise marked

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Syracuse by 10
Arkansas @ Auburn by 4
Northwestern @ Penn State by 7 Drinking the purple kool-aid
Arizona @ Stanford by 7
Virginia @ Duke by 9 How did I get here I don't even what?
LSU @ Florida by 4 I can't believe I am doing this
Michigan @ Purdue by 7
Georgia @ South Carolina by 7
West Virginia @ Texas by 6
Miami @ Notre Dame by 10
Florida State @ NC State by 12
UCLA @ California by 6
Washington @ Oregon by 14

ChiTownBuffalo

Cyan

Banned
Arkansas @ Auburn by 4
Arizona @ Stanford by 6
Virginia @ Duke by 4 (yeah, I just made that pick)
LSU @ Florida by 4 (Go Gata)
Michigan @ Purdue by 4
Georgia @ South Carolina by 4
West Virginia @ Texas by 6
Miami @ Notre Dame by 10
Florida State @ NC State by 10 (back!)
UCLA @ California by 10
Washington @ Oregon by 21

Jhriad

9 Notre Dame 4-0 1043
10 Notre Dame 4-0 915

JimSigh.gif

Then I remember Braxton Miller is mobile QB and that is Pelini's kryptonite. Sigh.

Between work and college football I'm going to have heart attack.

GAF Pick'em Week 6

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Syracuse by 7
Arkansas @ Auburn by 7
Arizona @ Stanford by 9
Virginia @ Duke by 4
LSU @ Florida by 3
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 9
Michigan @ Purdue by 11
Georgia @ South Carolina by 6
West Virginia @ Texas by 10
Miami @ Notre Dame by 11
UCLA @ California by 14
Washington @ Oregon by 20

It was $100

Sounds like a pretty reasonable price given how rabid both fanbases are.

cdyhybrid

Look at these Bama fans trying to sandbag their team. It's clear that Bama is the best team in college football. There's no possible way they could lose this year.

andycapps

Arkansas @ Auburn by 7
Arizona @ Stanford by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 3
LSU @ Florida by 4 (fuck the gatas, still)
Michigan @ Purdue by 10
Georgia @ South Carolina by 4
Miami @ Notre Dame by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 14
UCLA @ California by 4
Washington @ Oregon by 21

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You guys know that Duke is 3-1 vs Virginia over the last 4 years and UVA isn't particularly great this year right? Sure they can beat Duke, but its not like we're talking FSU here. A much better UVA team beat us last year by 10 at Scott Stadium.

Lonestar

Look at these Bama fans trying to sandbag their team. It's clear that Bama is the best team in college football. There's no possible way they could lose this year.

Having a player or 2 get sidelined for the year, every week, will eventually make Alabama as average as everyone else.

Eventually.

truly: I want to say I've seen at least 4 people mark Duke down to win. I'm one of them.

Jhriad

mre is Not A True Fan (TM).

Bro I totally agree. If you don't unequivocally support and spout positive nonsense about your team irregardless of reality you're a fucking terrible fan. So many terrible fans out there. I'm gonna go back to cheering for my average team that I'll stop giving a fuck about when they lose a few.

Seriously, fuck that dude.

andycapps

You guys know that Duke is 3-1 vs Virginia over the last 4 years and UVA isn't particularly great this year right? Sure they can beat Duke, but its not like we're talking FSU here. A much better UVA team beat us last year by 10 at Scott Stadium.

truly: I want to say I've seen at least 4 people mark Duke down to win. I'm one of them.

I marked Duke down to win. The problem is that both teams suck and it's hard to figure out who sucks more. Same story as Auburn vs Arky.

razielim

GAF Pick'em Week 6

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Syracuse by 8
Arkansas @ Auburn by 6
Northwestern @ Penn State by 11
Arizona @ Stanford by 11
Virginia @ Duke by 6
LSU @ Florida by 3
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 11
Michigan @ Purdue by 8
Georgia @ South Carolina by 11
West Virginia @ Texas by 13
Miami @ Notre Dame by 16
Florida State @ NC State by 15
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 13
UCLA @ California by 8
Washington @ Oregon by 24

So got my first, "man this sucks" feeling today about the bowl ban. I've been fine with it, but now to see that we have a shot of winning the B1G its bumming me out.

Oh wells. Stupid #2, you have moved up there with #13.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I feel like people who say this haven't watched Bama play. The only two games they've really looked good in were Michigan and Arkansas (and Arkansas sucks).

They shat the bed against WKU, that game was saved by turnovers. And after the FIU and Ole Miss games I don't think there's any question that the offense is suspect. Neither of those teams are very good and Bama struggled a lot more than they should have.

I think a team like Oregon would have a good shot at beating Bama this year, especially with the injuries that are racking up.

cdyhybrid

I feel like people who say this haven't watched Bama play. The only two games they've really looked good in were Michigan and Arkansas (and Arkansas sucks).

They shat the bed against WKU, that game was saved by turnovers. And after the FIU and Ole Miss games I don't think there's any question that the offense is suspect. Neither of those teams are very good and Bama struggled a lot more than they should have.

I think a team like Oregon would have a good shot at beating Bama this year, especially with the injuries that are racking up.
I was going to keep trying to jinx you guys until that last paragraph. A freshman running QB isn't gonna beat a Saban-coached SEC-caliber defense.

Cyan

Banned
So got my first, "man this sucks" feeling today about the bowl ban. I've been fine with it, but now to see that we have a shot of winning the B1G its bumming me out.

Oh wells. Stupid #2, you have moved up there with #13.

You'll always have the Gator Bowl.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Uh-oh, Duke fan getting cocky up in here!

Not cocky, UVA can certainly beat us Saturday. I just noticed a couple of people that did pick Duke to win commented like "OMG, CRAZY PICK" I'm just saying picking us to win this weekend isn't that crazy. Like I said, we're 3-1 vs UVA last 4 years, this isn't a great UVA team.

I do worry that Mike London will go with Sims under center. Our defense has a history of making average athletic QBs look like stars, like Jacory Harris and Tyrod Taylor.

Trust me, I am not looking past UVA, we can't look past anyone.

Cyan

Banned
Not cocky, UVA can certainly beat us Saturday. I just noticed a couple of people that did pick Duke to win commented like "OMG, CRAZY PICK"

Dude. We're picking Duke. To win a game. In football.

You'll have to excuse us if that feels a little weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom