• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 6 - If the Stanford Tree falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhriad

The extra few weeks of practices the NCAA allows you to have alone are a huge advantage for next year. Going to a bowl...any bowl, is a big help if you want to continue improving year over year in a tough conference, just for the extra practice.

Other than being able to see your team one more time this is the biggest reason any fan should want their team in a bowl.

-NeoTB1-

God I hate living in Georgia after a Tennessee loss. Facebook posts "HOW BOUT THEM DOGS" and daily interactions that consist of "RUFF RUFF RUFF" and delusional hopes of "BEST IN THE SEC!" are wide and rampant today. Maybe I should rethink my position of wearing my Volunteer fandom on my sleeves.....

I think it's made even worse when most of the Georgia fans I interact with in real life are either:

A. Ignorant fans that know nothing about college football besides the scores they saw scrolling across ESPN, including UGA's latest victory
B. Band wagoners
C. Loud and overzealous
D. All of the above

FML

Yeah, it was annoying as hell when I lived in GA. It was only ever peaceful after a UGA loss. All the fair weather fans would hide in their holes until the next victory. It happens just about everywhere with every school though.

Ganhyun

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Syracuse by 4
Arkansas @ Auburn by 7
Northwestern @ Penn State by 4
Arizona @ Stanford by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 4
LSU @ Florida by 4 fuck the gatas!!
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 10
Michigan @ Purdue by 10
Georgia @ South Carolina by 4 Go DAWGS!!
West Virginia @ Texas by 7
Miami @ Notre Dame by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 17
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 7
UCLA @ California by 7
Washington @ Oregon by 17

Go Gators! LSU has look vulnerable the past few weeks. But that doesn't always translate into this week. Though I think us Gators can take them.

Gators win by 10.

As for the other games,
(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Syracuse by derp

Arkansas @ Auburn by 17
Northwestern @ Penn State by derp
Arizona @ Stanford by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 21
LSU @ Florida by 10 (GO GATORS)
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by derp
Michigan @ Purdue by derp
Georgia @ South Carolina by 7
West Virginia @ Texas by 24
Miami @ Notre Dame by 3 (but really whoever loses first)
Florida State @ NC State by 3 (FSU "back" my foot)
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 4
UCLA @ California by derp
Washington @ Oregon by derp

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Syracuse by 7
Arkansas @ Auburn by 14
Arizona @ Stanford by 7
Virginia @ Duke by 10
LSU @ Florida by 7
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 17
Michigan @ Purdue by 6
Georgia @ South Carolina by 10
Miami @ Notre Dame by 10
Florida State @ NC State by 24
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 10
UCLA @ California by 4
Washington @ Oregon by 19

Lots of tough decisions this week.

I lurked forever waiting account approval before registering again.

Net result is the Gators have always sucked when I could actually post. Upside is you couldn't see me do the net equivalent of Alan Rickman tableflip.gif in my post Ole Miss meltdown.

Still got in in time for emotional energy.

Anyways, long story is that you can't get me to fuck off unless I get a job and a life, and even then I'll probably still post occasionally.

Anyways, long story is that you can't get me to fuck off unless I get a job and a life, and even then I'll probably still post occasionally.

Just be like the rest of us and post while youre at work! I actually think my posting has gone up since I graduated and got one of these big boy jarbs.

Iceman

Arkansas @ Auburn by 10
Arizona @ Stanford by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 4
LSU @ Florida by 4
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 5
Michigan @ Purdue by 4
Georgia @ South Carolina by 4
West Virginia @ Texas by 4
Miami @ Notre Dame by 14
Florida State @ NC State by 14
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 5
UCLA @ California by 4
Washington @ Oregon by 31

/posting from work! Hi5

Just hit the archives to see Texas is 0 for their last 7 against ranked opponents. Last win against a ranked opponent was in 2010 when Garrett Gilbert beat #5 Nebraska

Iceman

Just hit the archives to see Texas is 0 for their last 7 against ranked opponents. Last win against a ranked opponent was in 2010 when Garrett Gilbert beat #5 Nebraska

I knew I was nervous about picking Texas against West Virginia for a reason. Changing my pick.

ag-my001

GAF Pick'em Week 6

Arkansas @ Auburn by 10
Northwestern @ Penn State by 14
Arizona @ Stanford by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 4
LSU @ Florida by 13
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 11
Michigan @ Purdue by 14
Georgia @ South Carolina by 11
West Virginia @ Texas by 17
Miami @ Notre Dame by 10
Florida State @ NC State by 17
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 7
UCLA @ California by 4
Washington @ Oregon by 17

I'm still not sure how Gholston got cleared to comeback in after this shot he took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZsok00Pio

Dude passed out.

Also scariest moment of the game! I was pretty sure he was done for at least 2-3 weeks.

12-09-29-FB-2021.jpg

Schlookum

Neo Member
God I hate living in Georgia after a Tennessee loss. Facebook posts "HOW BOUT THEM DOGS" and daily interactions that consist of "RUFF RUFF RUFF" and delusional hopes of "BEST IN THE SEC!" are wide and rampant today. Maybe I should rethink my position of wearing my Volunteer fandom on my sleeves.....

I think it's made even worse when most of the Georgia fans I interact with in real life are either:

A. Ignorant fans that know nothing about college football besides the scores they saw scrolling across ESPN, including UGA's latest victory
B. Band wagoners
C. Loud and overzealous
D. All of the above

FML

Wait, isn't "WOOF WOOF WOOF"? We need that one Georgia fan back who would remind us after every post.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I like that 3 cars were destroyed, totalling $35,000. So, either 3 cars for about $12K (which means, economy growth in West Virginia!)

Or someone burned Dana's $34,000 car :/

cdyhybrid

I like that 3 cars were destroyed, totalling $35,000. So, either 3 cars for about $12K (which means, economy growth in West Virginia!)

Maybe they were actually typical WV trucks with $11k couches in the back of each.

They rush out and fold them down as soon as the whistle blows. Just think of them as one stop urban bonfires.

I don't know who you are. I know a goat with a WV brand. But I don't recognize this brand. Is that the one that belongs to a team that is going to get steamrolled once the Braves win the bullshit wild card playoff.

:jnc. We all know the Braves never win anything.

To be fair, a 10 year old Camry is under 10 grand, which is about something a kid would have for college.

Juice

As one of maybe three or four Northwestern fans on GAF, I strongly caution anyone betting on them winning at PSU!

1. Penn State has rocked them in this series over the long term. They've won 12 out of 15 meetings.

2. "Northwestern has lost its last four games as a ranked team in the AP poll dating back to 2001." Enough said.

I'm a HUGE Northwestern fan, but they haven't won a game ranked since 2000. If they DO pull out a win against PSU, then all bets are off for their season (and the B1G title race), but I wouldn't bet on it.

Schmitty

As one of maybe three or four Northwestern fans on GAF, I strongly caution anyone betting on them winning at PSU!

1. Penn State has rocked them in this series over the long term. They've won 12 out of 15 meetings.

2. "Northwestern has lost its last four games as a ranked team in the AP poll dating back to 2001." Enough said.

I'm a HUGE Northwestern fan, but they haven't won a game ranked since 2000. If they DO pull out a win against PSU, then all bets are off for their season (and the B1G title race), but I wouldn't bet on it.

You're just trying to get a jynx going. But PSU always seems to get crazy comebacks against NW.

Damn you for making us pick Arkansas and Auburn among other hard picks. I can't believe I just picked Duke

Arkansas @ Auburn by 4
Northwestern @ Penn State by 7
Arizona @ Stanford by 7
Virginia @ Duke by 4
LSU @ Florida by 9
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 4
Michigan @ Purdue by 6
Georgia @ South Carolina by 7
West Virginia @ Texas by 10
Miami @ Notre Dame by 14
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 4
UCLA @ California by 8
Washington @ Oregon by 13

Cyan

Banned

Thanks, but I'm picking against Penn St whenever they turn up in the pick em, no matter who their opponent is.

Go Cats!

cdyhybrid

Arkansas @ Auburn by 11
Arizona @ Stanford by 5
Virginia @ Duke by 4
LSU @ Florida by 4
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech by 4
Michigan @ Purdue by 14
Georgia @ South Carolina by 6
Miami @ Notre Dame by 4
Nebraska @ Ohio State by 12
UCLA @ California by 8
Washington @ Oregon by 4

Cyan knows what's up.

I also, when I actually played always picked Florida and against Notre Dame. That might be why I started to fall off last year. The Florida part, not the Notre Dame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom