• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riky

$MSFT
Yes because they aren't planning to sell this console for the next 7 years, right?

I don't think pre order data months before release has much impact on the next seven years. I think here in the UK the PSP had a massive launch and that didn't really count for much in the long run.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I didn't move to the US until 4 years ago..... so enlighten me?

surely you've seen the sketch
Unabomber-sketch.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unabomber

What's the significance of PS4 being stronger in Supermarkets?

More appealing to casual buyers, probably because of the price. Plus "PlayStation" is a much stronger brand than "Xbox" even after the PS3 not doing as well as 360 this gen in the UK. PS is still synonymous with gaming here, especially in casual circles.

Namco is definitely paying (which is why they have the trademark).

I still think Sony is getting a game, I just don't see why they'd choose to work with Sony and let them keep the IP. They could work with a number of other publishers that would give them control.

I dunno, is it actually like that though, do they have that much freedom? As an independent developer you're always tied to someone's apron strings if you want to make an AAA retail game - because you'll never be in a position to fund it yourself.

Surely being the developer of a tent-pole next generation release is being paid to prepare your development pipeline for next-gen games in general, with a publisher who will presumably chuck money at it.

It's all conjecture of course, but I am not quite as unsure about it as you, or at least I am way more optimistic it's happening.

QaaQer

MS moneyhatting Japanese devs to hurt Sony I fucking called it. Someone tell MS Yakuza 5 is worth moneyhatting so we'd get it localized.

this. MS has no problem spending some money and playing dirty to kill competitors. It will be interesting to see how much killing PS will cost them given the absolutely idiotic handling of the xbone so far.

Asstorm indeed.

beast786

I think what he is saying here has grains of truth, and it's fun trying to decipher his cryptic messages, but the only thing that has me scratching my head is Platinum games having a Japan-only exclusive for Xbox One.

Why wouldn't they release it states side?

Anywho, Tuesday should be fun.

maybe it's a Japan centric IP ?

Then why cut down the number of countries?

Cause they cannot manufacture enough for 21 countries , but still too low for the 13 launch countries. Please note, it's pure speculation on my part.

PS. I knew would ask that as soon I pressed the submit button lol DS.

Casual people being interested aka the market that in theory is the most sought for.

More appealing to casual buyers, probably because of the price. Plus "PlayStation" is a much stronger brand than "Xbox" even after the PS3 not doing as well as 360 this gen in the UK. PS is still synonymous with gaming here, especially in casual circles.

Thought so. Just wanted to be sure.

kadotsu

Banned
this. MS has no problem spending some money and playing dirty to kill competitors. It will be interesting to see how much killing PS will cost them given the absolutely idiotic handling of the xbone so far.

Asstorm indeed.

Luckily they only do so in the first 24 months, after that they'll be back to the Forza, Halo, Fable gauntlet; and DLC timed exclusivity for "the big shooter".

Not to credit Gies or anything but wasn't cboat wrong about a lot of the e3 predictions. (Mirrors Edge 2 being at MS conference and Prince of Persia)

Still fun to play along..

Only a couple were off, I wouldn't say "a lot" cboat was correct more than incorrect by a large margin.

JaggedSac

So MS isn't selling out of their initial allotments and they are having production issues on top of that so their numbers are already low? Wow.

Also people don't overblow this japanese moneyhat thing.

Cboat said he is only sure of Platinum, devs are not going to bite thay easily after X360 disasterous performance in Japan.

Barzul

Let's say the Bone relaunches at $400 next year, you think Sony cant drop their own price? It would be foolish bc PS4 is still a better purchase at its price but like MS this gen, Sony could keep ahead of MS with a price advantage.

Anyways, love to hear MS fans try to spin anything PS4/Sony for next gen into some negative stuff. The tables have turned and Sony has a clear as day advantage across the board. USA territory is fair game next gen and to me, Sony is bound to retake it. Its hard to be this optimistic but they have a clear vision, the better hardware and a great price point. Spin however you wish but MS will have a hard time this new gen.
If MS drop Kinect, based on parts alone they should have the cheaper console to manufacture. They'll be to match or undercut Sony. I'm not spinning, MS outsold the PS4 >10m units this gen. If the price advantage is gone, Sony has no chance if outselling MS in the US imo. It's a logical conclusion. Sony lost the US to MS because of their price point. If MS can get their manufacturing together, can't see them losing North America.

I don't think pre order data months before release has much impact on the next seven years. I think here in the UK the PSP had a massive launch and that didn't really count for much in the long run.

The PSP sold over 70m units and was the best selling non-Nintendo handheld of all time, it's still selling.

I think it did alright....

I realise that mainland Europe is Sonyland, but 8:1? G'damn.

It doesn't help that Xbox is not available to pre-order in a few countries and PS4 is.

It's just chatter anyway. We'll get a clearer picture towards the end of September when the bank starts gathering data from retailers to get an investment picture for Sony heading into 2014.

Freki

The Kinect thread will generally be a happy one with a bunch of people pointing and laughing. The Platinum thread will literally be a black hole of rage and fury, devouring the guilty and innocent alike. There will also be a bunch of people pointing and laughing.

Count me in for the pointing and laughing part - in both threads :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom