• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

Have you learned how to use Google yet?

Like I said before, I thought they were talking about a NeoGAF poster because they had mentioned unabomber when talking about CBOAT getting caught. If I had Googled them up and their results had been every individual post they had ever made, what good would that have done me to wade through possibly tens of thousands of posts to find what had happened?

KoopaTheCasual

Without a doubt. Microsoft would have to pay stores to not stock the PS4 in order to keep it even remotely close. In no way is this going to be a death blow for the Xbox brand but they're going to stumble hard this holiday and have to start thinking about how they'll market the system through 2014.

However, I don't expect the PS4 to be anywhere near the PS3 and 360 in sales. With inevitable final price drops, and a marketing push on both sides for the current systems (since they both will have awesome profit margins at this point), both systems will have a stellar holiday sales year.

Idk if I believe that the console market is in as dire straights as other people believe. I honestly believe we have another strong console generation for gen 8, and then we'll see a plateau/decline in total sales for gen 9. But that's another topic entirely. Sorry for the segway.

jWILL253

Banned
Truthfacts 1 & 2 are very troubling. Microsoft has been very unprepared for every facet of their console launch, it seems like...

Sez

Nine Inch Nails, Tupac, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Judas Priest, Duran Duran, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, The Doors, The Beatles, and The Temptations never went through that :).

Bon Jovi's third album was the one that catapulted them to fame.

Bsigg12

Idk if I believe that the console market is in as dire straights as other people believe. I honestly believe we have another strong console generation for gen 8, and then we'll see a plateau/decline in total sales for gen 9. But that's another topic entirely. Sorry for the segway.

I'm saying just this holiday. Due to a huge amount of stock and lower prices of both the PS3 and 360, they will easily outsell both next gen systems this holiday. For lifetime sales, I have no idea what's going to happen there.

This comment makes absolutely no sense:

2) There are no yield issues I have heard of from my leads, their leads, or our executives. What was told company wide is we will sell 100% of our production inventory on launch based on pre-order numbers. Every console we make until launch will need to go out the door. There is the possibility of our executives simply not revealing the yield issues to us because they don't want to hurt morale. I doubt this is the case.

Selling 100% of your pre-order numbers, which are substantially lower than your rival competitor's pre-order numbers, as well as cancelling the launch in crucial european territories points to a SUPPLY ISSUE.

What other supply issues could they have other than poor yields? Everything else in the system should be fairly easy to manufacture.

The translation excuse is complete bullshit to cover up for poor yields/supply.

nib95

Banned

What's with all the Xbox and Day One signs besides the names of all those CBoat doubters? Lol.

And I think I'll believe CBoat over some random Xbox dev who likely was put there for PR (hence publicly responding without fear of NDA). Also, his logic behind justifying why the yield issues aren't true is bollocks. Fact of the matter is, Microsoft isn't able to produce nearly as many consoles as Sony, nor reach as many territories, coupled with CBoats earlier posts, that were backed up by other insiders including a Microsoft employee (Proelite), it's difficult to take Microsoft PRs word seriously.

Nugg

Adding to my book, so I can use later along with TRUTHFACT and other CBoaT gems:

- XBOTTLES
- WeeeeYEWW
- Ass storm

Thank you based CBoaT

abadguy

Banned
Thank fuck for that. Honestly, the fact MS even consider Platinum important enough to Moneyhat an exclusive is something to be celebrated IMO.

It will piss me off that It will be a long while before ai play this Platinum game, but hell, I still havent played Madworld *shrugs*

I agree with the bolded. Honestly i would wonder why MS wasn't looking to fund an action game by Platinum, especially since Ninja Gaiden is no longer exclusive.( not to mention Itagaki and Valhalla) Assuming this comes to pass, i look forward to it as a Platinum fan! So long as they keep making games that's all i give a shit about. If Sony ends up Money hat...erm i mean forming a "partnership" with Platinum games i would be buying that on my PS4 ( when i finally buy one) as well.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Here's what that person wrote:-

Personally, I don't think this person works at Microsoft based on things he has said so far, I feel like most of the time he is over-simplifying things. I'm going to give my take on what he's "revealed" this time.
1) This entire point is vague. Not sure what he is referring to when he says our architecture isn't ready. If he is saying our architectural design isn't finalized, that is completely wrong. I'm going to assume he means certain features aren't fully ready to be shown, which is true. That being said, I don't see how this has anything to do with Microsoft not streaming Gamescom. Perhaps he meant because some of our features are not yet ready, the overall experience will be so terrible, streaming the conference would show how badly our console runs. Well, we will have 100+ playable consoles at Gamescom. Clearly not the case. The official word has always been Xbox One will launch in November.
To say that our latest July/August DurangoXDK (I assume this is what he meant by SDK) dropped performance by 15-20% across the board, this would mean I as well as a lot of people seriously screwed up somewhere, and I should be freaking out right now. Last time I checked the perf tests, they are on an upwards trend.
2) There are no yield issues I have heard of from my leads, their leads, or our executives. What was told company wide is we will sell 100% of our production inventory on launch based on pre-order numbers. Every console we make until launch will need to go out the door. There is the possibility of our executives simply not revealing the yield issues to us because they don't want to hurt morale. I doubt this is the case.
Points 3, 4, and 5 I have no idea.
6) This isn't news. Marc Whitten has publicly said that the every console will be a dev kit functionality will not be ready at launch and added at a later date. More info will be shown at Gamescom.
7) Not news again, the same day Marc Whitten revealed the Kinect does not have to be plugged in, we confirmed there will not be a Kinect-less Xbox One at launch.
On the possibility of this happening March/April 2014, I have no idea. But to say the Xbox One's launch numbers will be a fallout is unfounded.

I'm sorry, was that a failed attempt at sarcasm? You can stick your fingers in your ears all you want, or you can look at facts.

Top 100 Video Game Best Sellers of 2013:

#3. Launch Edition PS4
#7. Launch Edition Xbox One
#29. Standard Edition PS4
#68. Launch Edition PS4 Watch Dogs Bundle
#69. Launch Edition PS4 Battlefield 4 Bundle

That's one of, if not the, biggest retailer in the states. But hey, let's keep believing in miracles.

The point is that Amazon's actual sales rankings are useless to predict, say, the next month's NPD numbers (may they rest in peace), so why would you think that their pre-order numbers are going to tell you anything?

The fact that MS is panicking is the strongest evidence we have that the XBO is tanking, far stronger than Amazon.

Loakum

Banned
QdsnvaD.gif

....this is getting good..

#TeamCBOAT

I wonder if it will be League of Legends since according to CBoaT they cut their own in house moba.

Or they just realised you can't make a moba for a controller without watering it down to the point where you might as well not bother anymore.

Then again that never stopped them with first person shooters either

Freki

He's trying way to hard:

• "There are no yield issues I have heard of from my leads, their leads, or our executives. What was told company wide is we will sell 100% of our production inventory on launch based on pre-order numbers. Every console we make until launch will need to go out the door."
    Yield Issues would make it easier to sell everything available... Connecting the two in order to discredit "yield issues" makes no sense. Besides - why would a dev know about production related issues? These are things only available to management...

• "Not news again, the same day Marc Whitten revealed the Kinect does not have to be plugged in, we confirmed there will not be a Kinect-less Xbox One at launch.
    On the possibility of this happening March/April 2014, I have no idea. But to say the Xbox One's launch numbers will be a fallout is unfounded."

He doesn't even understand what CBOAT is saying - CBOAT said that amount of sales will be a deciding factor if a kinectless SKU will be made available - not that launch sales will be a fallout....

Alot of people not happy with how big CBOAT's bidet is, but strive to fill it they are.

Am6jm7y.jpg

Gies vs Cboat!!!!

EDIT: Just to remind people, the dude is a person regardless of if you disagree. For the asshat who came straight in with "you're full of shit". Wish I had that as a disclaimer before I got quoted to hell.

Guy who says what MS is thinking, or guy who says what MS is saying. Hrmmmm...

KoopaTheCasual

I'm saying just this holiday. Due to a huge amount of stock and lower prices of both the PS3 and 360, they will easily outsell both next gen systems this holiday. For lifetime sales, I have no idea what's going to happen there.

Ahh that's true didn't consider that. Yea, i guess that's very possible. Gen 7 refuses to go out without a bang, and with blockbusters like GTA V still being released on old hardware, i'm inclined to agree with you.

oSoLucky

This is what makes it such an insane move. Presumably the cheaper, kinectless skew is going to sell way better, thus dramatically reducing the potential install base for kinect games. Think of the money poured into those games, and the development resources put into figuring out his to shoehorn kinect features into more traditional games. They'd be cutting the legs out from underneath all that stuff. Having showed so much faith in it and touting it as a key part of the xbox experience, they'd basically be dooming it to obscurity.

On the other hand though, with all the R&D money they've wasted on the console overall(including the ton on Kinect and controller), they really won't want to take a huge loss by not setting the sales charts on fire. At this point it may seem to MS like removing the Kinect and dealing with the backlash from that is the lesser evil than potentially getting destroyed in sales, and never recouping their losses this generation.

This is really making me want to cancel my XB1 preorder and wait. If the Kinect's not going to have a 100% adoption rate, then I'll be damned if I spend money on one.

Nyoro SF

He's trying way to hard:

• "There are no yield issues I have heard of from my leads, their leads, or our executives. What was told company wide is we will sell 100% of our production inventory on launch based on pre-order numbers. Every console we make until launch will need to go out the door."
    Yield Issues would make it easier to sell everything available... Connecting the two in order to discredit "yield issues" makes no sense. Besides - why would a dev know about production related issues? These are things only available to management...

• "Not news again, the same day Marc Whitten revealed the Kinect does not have to be plugged in, we confirmed there will not be a Kinect-less Xbox One at launch.
    On the possibility of this happening March/April 2014, I have no idea. But to say the Xbox One's launch numbers will be a fallout is unfounded."

He doesn't even understand what CBOAT is saying - CBOAT said that amount of sales will be a deciding factor if a kinectless SKU will be made available - not that launch sales will be a fallout....

Essentially he's trying to dodge the truth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfBLvt_VKBs

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

I can actually believe the claim that all launch units will be sold. Still, they will have other tools to predict their current prospects, and those might still show a negative outlook. After all, dropping Kinect is a strategic possibility, not a fact. Given how much shit Microsoft is getting for bundling Kinect, they would be stupid to not consider and analyze that option at least.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Reddits xbone subthread is worse than our now locked xbone appreciation thread. People over there just wanting to hear what they want to hear, they're full of shit and so is that xbox guy. In cboat I trust.

Indeed
omgubuntuTeh Razor [score hidden] 1 hour ago
Thanks for the comment. I was hoping you would respond. This "cboat" guy has been missing the nail since may. My guess is that this is his final blow to his reliability.
5zWFsPd.gif

If the user is talking about the PoP as halo thing. So did I, It fucking looked like PoP

I don't know,wasn't hhe said Kinect cost is close to XB1 or something at few months ago

Did that turn out to be true or false? Anyway, I don't care what that guy writes. I don't believe anything from reddit. I rather bet my money on CBOAT, who is 99% of the time right with his predictions.

lol at some of those posts

"Thanks for the comment. I was hoping you would respond. This "cboat" guy has been missing the nail since may. My guess is that this is his final blow to his reliability."

Oh boy

I wouldn't be able to read these comments whithout losing my shit.

KoopaTheCasual

The point is that Amazon's actual sales rankings are useless to predict, say, the next month's NPD numbers (may they rest in peace), so why would you think that their pre-order numbers are going to tell you anything?

The fact that MS is panicking is the strongest evidence we have that the XBO is tanking, far stronger than Amazon.

I was using it to measure the allotment of PS4's readily available at launch vs. the supply of the XB1. Not trying to predict numbers. I was just arguing that it would be extremely hard for MS to outsell Sony in the US, with such a limited supply.

inherendo

I try...

Stupid kids.

Lucky me, all my family members are old enough to understand rules. I simply tell them to always put the case back when they are done and in order, or they simply don't get to use them.

It's not that hard to put something in the same spot you find it in and saves enough time when you know what movie you are looking for.

Would they really drop Kinect?
They've made such a song and dance about it, even down to the system interface level and everything. It's amazing how much of a mess they've got themselves in. The console has no identity at all.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
He's trying way to hard:

I will take CBOATS word over his any day. Plenty of MS shills on that board. We have pretty legit sources here.

Himself

If this Platinum thing is true I'm gonna be fucking miserable. It's like being told the only place you can ever get sex again is from an STD infested hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom