• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comey defied authority during Clinton probe: inspector general

zelo-ca

"The Department of Justice’s internal watchdog criticized former FBI Director James Comey for his “insubordinate” behavior during the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s e-mails, it was reported Wednesday. "

Source: NYPost

God I want this report to come out right now. I will be grabbing my popcorn to watch Comey testify again to congress. Gonna be a fun day when that happens.

Also looks like Andrew Mccabe is seeking immunity so that he can testify about the Clintin email probe. Things are getting pretty spicy :)

Source: CNN

Last edited:

bucyou

waiting for the IG report:

giphy.gif

Also love how some sites call it "Trumps Inspector General" and ignore the fact he was appointed by Obama

JDB

Banned
It'll be interesting to see the details on this.
Either way I'm okay with Comey getting dragged. Talking about re-opening the investigation 11 days before the election was careless. The fact that thinking that Clinton would win anyway was even part of the thought process behind that announcement is incredibly unprofessional. Now he's acting all high and mighty after getting fired by Trump. Fuck em.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

What Comey did in 2016 was basically step on a landmine so he wouldn't have to punish his underlings. There were rumblings the NY office (pro-Giuliani, thus pro-Trump) were going to independently leak some random BS, so he decided to get in front of the train, just so the Bureau wouldn't look bad, due to his belief that Clinton would win.
History has shown it was an utterly moronic move. The correct course of action would have been to let the leaks go through, then perform some hard purges of the NY office (based on the persons most likely to have released the data).

What Comey did in 2016 was basically step on a landmine so he wouldn't have to punish his underlings. There were rumblings the NY office (pro-Giuliani, thus pro-Trump) were going to independently leak some random BS, so he decided to get in front of the train, just so the Bureau wouldn't look bad, due to his belief that Clinton would win.
History has shown it was an utterly moronic move. The correct course of action would have been to let the leaks go through, then perform some hard purges of the NY office (based on the persons most likely to have released the data).
Correct as in advantageous and self serving or correct as in moral obligation?

Top Bottom