• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! August l OT l So what's new with comics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravager61

Does anyone still read Earth 2? I read issue #3 right now and i'm in between " this is kind of neat" and " this is ridiculously terrible". Hmmmmm. I like that it feels "new" in a way, but at the same time the conversations between Flash/Mercury last issue and Alan/Green Light Fire this issue were ridiculllllllllllllllous.

Yes. I find the concepts behind the book intriguing but the dialogue is AWFUL. Like so bad. I'm torn because I want to see what happens next but I don't want to support bad writing.

Cheska

Dang, you guys were not kidding about how good Hawkeye is. Absolutely loved the writing and the art, and especially loved
Arrow ;)

the chris

It's all about that StormxDoom shipping

uncanny-x-men-145-004.jpg

"She should. She will."

Nah, Thor and Storm it's where it's at.
jG5ne.jpg

ReiGun

I never was a supporter of the Storm/BP relationship, but I was kinda sad reading. T'Challa was cold as ice when he hit her with that annulment. lmao

Now we can get Storm w/ Thor like others have said and BP w/.....umm......I dunno lol.

Spidey still the GOAT.

Thor is one smooth brother.

Owzers

Yes. I find the concepts behind the book intriguing but the dialogue is AWFUL. Like so bad. I'm torn because I want to see what happens next but I don't want to support bad writing.

I might continue buying, presuming i can sell my issues on ebay after. If i get stuck with them i'll be disappointed. Then again...it's still time spent that could be used reading a better comic.

Fusebox

Banned
For whatever reason my Marvel AR app never does anything. I hold it up to the images and...nothing. What the hell, bro.

Mine is a bit flaky but works 9/10 times. Do you at least get the little blue rotating balls like it's trying to connect?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Mine is a bit flaky but works 9/10 times. Do you at least get the little blue rotating balls like it's trying to connect?

Nope, nothing. I've tried it a few times this week and a few times last week and all I get is that yellow cell tower icon at the top right, but it never does anything.

Fusebox

Banned
I think that's a volume indicator. Have you tried closing the app (double tapping home, holding the app icon until the X appears over it) and reopening it?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I think that's a volume indicator. Have you tried closing the app (double tapping home, holding the app icon until the X appears over it) and reopening it?

Alright restarted it and finally got it to work.

God damn though...they were pretty terrible. I think I actually got negative enjoyment out of them. I'm definitely not using this app again.

ReiGun

Alright Comic Gaf. I got MDCU open and I've decided I'm in the mood for some Mutants. I don't know much about the X-Men beyond what little I remember from the 90's show, so I need y'all to tell me where to go and what to check out. As of right now, I'm starting with Uncanny X-Force and the "Days of Future Past" story, but I could always use more.

Fusebox

Banned
Alright restarted it and finally got it to work.

God damn though...they were pretty terrible. I think I actually got negative enjoyment out of them. I'm definitely not using this app again.

I've seen a couple of good ones that were worth it, but most of them are very little reward for the effort.

Miles morales really need a web shooter, love this series, is batrock someone new in ultimate line or there's a version of him in 616 universe.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Alright Comic Gaf. I got MDCU open and I've decided I'm in the mood for some Mutants. I don't know much about the X-Men beyond what little I remember from the 90's show, so I need y'all to tell me where to go and what to check out. As of right now, I'm starting with Uncanny X-Force and the "Days of Future Past" story, but I could always use more.

are you starting uxf from issue 1? because you should be.

also, joss whedon's astonishing x-men is good.

Miles morales really need a web shooter, love this series, is batrock someone new in ultimate line or there's a version of him in 616 universe.

He's been around for awhile, he featured a lot in captain America during the brubaker-epting golden days. His history is kinda hilarious if u ever have a chance to look at his wiki

Slayven

Generation X.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
DareDevil and Hawkeye were amazing.

also x-factor was good as always

Well Daredevil is always amazing, so no surprise there, although I found this issue a little more self-contained than the others.

I flipped through Hawkeye in the CBS but I didn't like the art so I put it back. Seems like everyone is raving about it though.

Bleeding Cool is doing a look at all the New 52 Titles one year in

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/01/the-new-52-twelve-issues-on-part-one/

My thoughts on the new 52 are a little mixed. I thank it for killing some terrible books (Robinson JLA, Cornell's Superman arc where he actually wrote superman, ECT)

It helped expose me to both Animal man and Swamp Thing (I have been reading comics for about 7 years), as well as give me interest in the mystical side of DC (JLD). Its even making me think about piking up Wonder Woman who I have never been interested in.

I also like that they are giving it 2 years before starting a line wide event, whereas Marvel seems to always having an Event book going.

From this point its facing an upward battle (especially with Morison leaving). DC needs to find some more talent and continue to eliminate the poorly written books. I like the new writer they got for Tec. They need to be doing more of that.

EDIT- And I just remembered the mess that Superman and Wonder Woman were in before relaunch. Although to be fair Superman still is a mess.

Oh right, I forgot Deadpool was ending in October as well. The tyranny of Daniel Way is finally over.

Those 3-4 issues Tony Moore actually draws before fill-ins and new, inferior artists is gonna look AMAZING

Garryk

Rick Remender and Duggan seem to be friends on twitter so hopefully he will impart his wisdom about how to make Deadpool funny.

On the new 52, I would have never read WW if it weren't for Azzarello's take on her. I love Greek mythology so I've really been enjoying the ever-expanding cast of characters. I know the traditional WW fans are like "meh," but I'm enjoying it for what it is.

I'm going to go out at lunch again today to try to find Hawkeye. I found a bookstore/comic shop about 20 minutes away that I want to check out.

Owzers

Oh right, I forgot Deadpool was ending in October as well. The tyranny of Daniel Way is finally over.

Those 3-4 issues Tony Moore actually draws before fill-ins and new, inferior artists is gonna look AMAZING

Yeah i doubt i'm hopping onto Deadpool for just a few Moore issues, i'll pass on that one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is kinda surprising, but a Deadpool relaunch is warranted. Maybe they are doing it to coincide with the launch of the game?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Dang, you guys were not kidding about how good Hawkeye is. Absolutely loved the writing and the art, and especially loved
Arrow ;)
Agreed. I picked it up on a whim along with Saga #5 and Dial H #2, and I'm so glad I did. I've never seen David Aja's art before, but it reminds me of Gotham Central, which is definitely a plus. I'll definitely be buying next month's issue.

Oh damn. Hawkeye is the first Fraction book I like the hell out of.
or maybe its because I like the character but whatever, gonna buy this for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom