• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! August l OT l So what's new with comics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
viW1x.jpg

I love Spidey. So much.

rCIZZLE

Enjoyed Hawkeye #1. After reading Iron Man this long just for Fraction's storytelling, it's nice to see him paired with a good art team here. Definitely adding this to my pull list going forward.

the chris

Enjoyed Hawkeye #1. After reading Iron Man this long just for Fraction's storytelling, it's nice to see him paired with a good art team here. Definitely adding this to my pull list going forward.

Glad to see you enjoyed this too
bro.

Owzers

waiting a whole month to read Hawkeye #1 is lame.

But, on to things i do get to read:

Green Lantern #11: Everyone likes black hand, good issue.

Green Lantern New Guardians #11: I think i might drop down to just Green Lantern, i feel like the rainbow corps was neat at first but are being used just horrible, as gag characters that just hop about. I'm also not liking the whole Invictus mobile solar fleet thing.

Irredeemable # 1-7: Very much liking this, i tend to like non-standard-cape books moreso than usual just out of being apathetic to the shared-universe everything is neat and tidy storytelling mentality.

Marvel Universe vs Wolverine #1 and 2 on MDCU: I had no idea this was a semi-zombie book like Marvel Zombies, only without trying to be humorous. I liked the first two issues, will finish it soon.

Cheska

It's okay Satchy, I like Wonder Woman :)

Cross post from pick ups thread:

Also, for those who buy your comics online, who do you use? Store I went to today didn't have one of the new releases and everything seems to take forever to arrive if you buy via ebay.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I only own the first two story arcs of Locke & Key. I want to catch up. I'm surprised a comic managed to scare me a few times. I love the atmosphere.

Owzers

That adam hughes catwoman statue is possibly my favorite out of all statues i've seen of any character. I own that one and a lee bermejo batman black and white, i don't think i'll buy anymore though since i like omnibus/absolute collections and i can't buy everything Xp

Also online stores...i pre-order through DCBservice.com, it's great.

Owzers

Gambit hasn't really been around in anything i've read lately, my last book with him i can remember was him moping around in X-Men legacy after/before Messiah Complex.

Cheska

That adam hughes catwoman statue is possibly my favorite out of all statues i've seen of any character. I own that one and a lee bermejo batman black and white, i don't think i'll buy anymore though since i like omnibus/absolute collections and i can't buy everything Xp

Also online stores...i pre-order through DCBservice.com, it's great.

I got incredibly lucky since the prices have sky rocketed since the DKR came out. I made a best offer on one and was super surprised he accepted it.

Does it take a while before you get your comics through DCB? I've ordered through Midtowncomics before but it seems like it takes longer than I'm used to :(

Owzers

I got incredibly lucky since the prices have sky rocketed since the DKR came out. I made a best offer on one and was super surprised he accepted it.

Does it take a while before you get your comics through DCB? I've ordered through Midtowncomics before but it seems like it takes longer than I'm used to :(

Well, i'm cheap and get monthly shipments. You can get weekly if you want, or twice a month. Each shipment is $6.95. DCBservice is a pre-order service though so you have to order two months in advance, so October shipping books will be the next cycle up for pre-order starting this week sometime, discounts of about 40% off along with 50% and a couple 75% off specials. They ship Fed Ex now, it varies on how long. When they used UPS i tended to get mine delivered Tuesday after the last wednesday of the month. Last shipment got here early, was shipped Thursday and i got it Saturday.

So Action Comics #12......

Batman hands Superman a flash drive, which Superman then uses his X-ray vision to read the contents of the flash drive...............

In case you some how missed, what I'm getting at.....

HE READS THE CONTENTS OF THE FLASH DRIVE WITH HIS X-RAY VISION.

tumblr_m8006bq0HO1rr23bv.gif

I really hate "let's just keep inventing new nonsense powers for Superman time".

Owzers

So Action Comics #12......

Batman hands Superman a flash drive, which Superman then uses his X-ray vision to read the contents of the flash drive...............

In case you some how missed, what I'm getting at.....

HE READS THE CONTENTS OF THE FLASH DRIVE WITH HIS X-RAY VISION.

tumblr_m8006bq0HO1rr23bv.gif

I really hate "let's just keep inventing new nonsense powers for Superman time".

Without the plastic casing i bet i could read it too. *snaps case of flash drive*

Darn :(

ElNarez

Banned
In All-Star he reads his own fucking DNA. Morrison's Supes is just super fucking good at reading tiny bits of data.

It's been done; I seem to recall a similar scene from Matt Wagner's 'Trinity' in which Superman uses x-ray vision to "read" and determine the contents of a data disc given to him by Batman. The panel shows him "reading" ones and zeroes on the disc surface.

It's been done; I seem to recall a similar scene from Matt Wagner's 'Trinity' in which Superman uses x-ray vision to "read" and determine the contents of a data disc given to him by Batman. The panel shows him "reading" ones and zeroes on the disc surface.

I had Trinity completely forgotten from my brain, and you had to go and bring it back.

Regardless of who has him do it, it's a stupid ass ability that makes me want to flip tables.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ELECTRIC SUPERMAN'S COMING BACK

GET HYPE

if done right, i wouldnt mind it. but reading a flash drive is pure bolognium. id expect that from a brainiac, but not him.

In All-Star he reads his own fucking DNA. Morrison's Supes is just super fucking good at reading tiny bits of data.

how intelligent is clark supposed to be, exactly?

MisterHero

He can do the same thing with supertouch lol. Given his Kryptonian brain though, interpreting the millions of 1s/0s might be possible. :p

if done right, i wouldnt mind it. but reading a flash drive is pure bolognium. id expect that from a brainiac, but not him.
Yeah, I even thought Red & Blue were fun.

I read in a book that Reed Richards is compatible with all sorts of data ports for computers. Or something

Enjoy it now, bros. Soon, our favorite bro David Aja will be replaced with some inferior bro like Khoi fuckin' Pham or something bro.

BRO!

Owzers

Does anyone still read Earth 2? I read issue #3 right now and i'm in between " this is kind of neat" and " this is ridiculously terrible". Hmmmmm. I like that it feels "new" in a way, but at the same time the conversations between Flash/Mercury last issue and Alan/Green Light Fire this issue were ridiculllllllllllllllous.

Does anyone still read Earth 2? I read issue #3 right now and i'm in between " this is kind of neat" and " this is ridiculously terrible". Hmmmmm. I like that it feels "new" in a way, but at the same time the conversations between Flash/Mercury last issue and Alan/Green Light Fire this issue were ridiculllllllllllllllous.

I don't even think there is a Brooklyn in the DC Universe, so....

HAWKEYE FOREVER.

;D

Double-dipped for Hawkeye #1 as I picked it up at my LCS after buying it off Comixology. No regrets at all since it's a damn good issue.

I'll be going to New York at the end of September and hopefully can make it out to Brooklyn again. :)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Spider-Man did stuff, and Kubert drew it.

Oh and LOL BP/Storm shippers(if they exist...?)

They do. And they are severly anally pained over this(then again, I think they may be hudlin supporters, which is so much worse)

But on the bright side, storm and thor can finally gett together in the 616.

And that northstar marriage cover is even more hilarious. Only 2 remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom