• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! August l OT l So what's new with comics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? I am going to say it. Every single one of you motherfuckers talking shit loved Gambit as a kid. You know it to be true. Don't fight reality.

You know what? I am going to say it. Every single one of you motherfuckers talking shit loved Gambit as a kid. You know it to be true. Don't fight reality.

Children then grow up, learn to problem solve and see the error of their ways: becoming what you and I know as adults.

EDIT: and become haters of Gambit and "shticky" characters like him.

Slayven

I'm okay with the Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman thing but more a fan of World's Finest. It doesn't help though that the 52-issue Trinity series was one of the worst wastes of paper that DC ever published.

52 was awesome, Countdown was okay for certain characters, but Trinity was garbaaaage

hahahaaaa
I don't mine an editorial philosophy that the trinity are important corners of the DC. But when you put shit to paper that says the universe literally revolves around them and the JLA is not allowed to operate unless they are playing big brother? That is bullshit to the highest degreeness

I always hated him. Marvel knows deep down Rogue is destined for Magneto's touch.

I already disproved this statement. I read Uncanny coming up as a kid, I read Gambit's first appearance THE DAY IT CAME OUT, and I always thought he was garbage except when Skroce drew him.

So what's your next hypothesis for me to disprove just by walking around.

;D

Children then grow up, learn to problem solve and see the error of their ways: becoming what you and I know as adults.

Yep, I'll admit that this is true. Loved the character as a kid while watching the X-Men cartoon and reading about him in the comics. Then once I got into college and started reading more books, the more I disliked Gambit for being so...boring. I mean, his power's cool and had an interesting backstory but meh, there's nothing to him.

...And I'll buy the digital version of Hawkeye now and pick up my physical copy later at my lcs once I'm home from work.

notworksafe

this thread is a MESS

jbh8PHQQXSkAfP.png

I always hated him. Marvel knows deep down Rogue is destined for Magneto's touch.

Gross.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

fucking nope. she wants to get down with joseph, thats cool, but her and max shouldnt have happened.

IDK many of the people dissing gambit like hawkeye. So I guess they haven't grow up much.

whoa, now, lets not go to crazy town.

im gonna order a pizza

by the time you come back, there will be another gambit conversation talking about how much he sucks, as well as wonder woman being shat on from the skies. in this edition of comicsGAF

Slayven

fucking nope. she wants to get down with joseph, thats cool, but her and max shouldnt have happened.

whoa, now, lets not go to crazy town.

Then they should ship her with Spiderman in Uncanny Avengers. But then again I think most Marvel females should date Spidey for a while.

Parallax

Then they should ship her with Spiderman in Uncanny Avengers. But then again I think most Marvel females should date Spidey for a while.

i do not have a problem with that. hell, captain marvel should just go for it.

They didn't have Gambit when I was a kid. I liked Nightcrawler, Rogue and Shadowcat.

X-men needs to find a new bar, they don't just hang out anymore. :/

Spidey and Rogue would be awesome. They could just explain that her powers don't do anything because of that SpideySwag.
She's in control of that shit now.

Parallax

They already dated remember, right before and during Siege? A Spidey Loves She-Hulk book would be legendary.

did that happen? and during siege? what issues? does she hulk still carry a reputation of getting down with juggernaut?

notworksafe

Spidermang should just hookup with Gambit. That'd give Remy yet another gimmick Marvel could try and spin into a personality.

spideygambit-010.jpg

longshot? are you serious?

Are you?

Longshot is the best X-Men character by a country mile. Pure, unassailable goodness and positivity.

No idea if Peter David 90s-ized him in X-Factor but when Claremont and Nocenti wrote him he was the best evs.

A walking argument against cynicism and gritty bullshit.

Longshot Forever.

That was pretty funny when Wolverine went over to tell X-factor that he split off from Cyclops and Longshot blurted it out before he could say, then Wolverine was all how do you know...and Longshot said it came up while he was sexting Alison.

Are you?

Longshot is the best X-Men character by a country mile. Pure, unassailable goodness and positivity.

No idea if Peter David 90s-ized him in X-Factor but when Claremont and Nocenti wrote him he was the best evs.

Longshot Forever.

nah he's still funny

ReiGun

by the time you come back, there will be another gambit conversation talking about how much he sucks, as well as wonder woman being shat on from the skies. in this edition of comicsGAF
Indeed. People are letting the hate flow and the thread has only been up for a day.

Comics! August |OT| All Your Favorite Characters Suck

Parallax

Are you?

Longshot Forever.

best xmen character? you really think this?

goodness and positivity shouldnt be the only reasons. nightcrawler had that in spades as well.

I'm Jewish, so I always slightly bummed me out he was a priest, but he and Kitty are obviously in the #2 and 3 spots. I could go on about the roots of my own personal preferences if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom