• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! August l OT l So what's new with comics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's gonna be Aunt May. For reals this time. Slott has too big a hard-on for the "every lady wants Peter Parker" era of Spidey to kill a potential love interest.

That's why he's gonna kill MJ. She's going to loom over every relationship Peter will ever have so long as she is around. He kind of has to kill her. Aunt May can just stay married in Boston, she's already been put on the bus.

Garryk

Let's just turn this discussion to how awesome Spider-Man is.
Accepted.

9g8Efl.png

Spider-Man kills Doc Ock, cries about great power and responsibility, lets Alpha take over as Spider-Man, gets together with his true love Mary-Jane because he's not Spidey anymore.

Slayven

Real talk Spidey is the best comic character ever. He can do it all, from skunking through sewers to surfing cosmic rays. He can do super goofy or deathly serious. And everybody plays straightman to him.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Real talk Spidey is the best comic character ever. He can do it all, from skunking through sewers to surfing cosmic rays. He can do super goofy or deathly serious. And everybody plays straightman to him.

anyone other than deadpool. seeing him being the straightman makes me feel weird. but knowing he can talk shit up until the moment hes about to die makes me respect the hell outta him.

Carol should be the Wonder Woman of Marvel. She already 16584 times more interesting them WW and none of that shitty baggage.

Not really. Carol is OK for a C/B-lister. WW is infinitely more interesting than perfectly fine but not that exciting Ms. Marvel. That new costume is corny as hell though. Almost as bad as some of the Jim Lee new 52 redesigns.

Slayven

anyone other than deadpool. seeing him being the straightman makes me feel weird. but knowing he can talk shit up until the moment hes about to die makes me respect the hell outta him.

Spidey had Deadpool freaking out, granted it was during one of DP's more saner periods. When him and Cable were life partners. But during the Hit Monkey Saga they did have a good back and forth.

Spider-Man is the greatest superhero of them all, and we should be so thankful that he exists.

That reboot was pretty ass, though

Slayven

Not really. Carol is OK for a C/B-lister. WW is infinitely more interesting than perfectly fine but not that exciting Ms. Marvel. That new costume is corny as hell though. Almost as bad as some of the Jim Lee new 52 redesigns.

WW could be great if they cut away Paradise Island and the Gods. Have her really be a messager of peace in Man's world.

Finished Hawkeye #1 (read it on my phone) and it was damn good. Aja's artwork is such a great fit, especially with the muted color palette that's being used. Can't wait for the next issue.

Oh and Hawkeye throws cards and coins better than Gambit in this issue. :p

I liked Hawkeye quite a bit, bro, but bro, why were those guys saying bro so much, bro? Fraction, bro, we get it, bro. You're quirky as shit, bro. Chill the bro out, bro.

I liked Hawkeye quite a bit, bro, but bro, why were those guys saying bro so much, bro? Fraction, bro, we get it, bro. You're quirky as shit, bro. Chill the bro out, bro.

Tracksuit mafia bros were strangely the funniest part for me, aside from the kicking of the wheelchair into oncoming traffic.

Also Clint's observation of a hot summer's day in New York, spot on.

Gambit can go suck a dick. He was a Gary Stu to begin with. Claremount created him to be himself in comics. Liu is the only other writer who can write Gambit. That tells you something is up.

Oh, I never liked Gambit or Logan or Cyke. I thought Gambit was an idiot growing up, Scott a wimp and Logan a douche.

Storm, Havok, Rogue, Kitty, Colossus, Kurt were the ones I liked.

Slayven

Gambit can go suck a dick. He was a Gary Stu to begin with. Claremount created him to be himself in comics. Liu is the only other writer who can write Gambit. That tells you something is up.

Oh, I never liked Gambit or Logan or Cyke. I thought Gambit was an idiot growing up, Scott a wimp and Logan a douche.

Storm, Havok, Rogue, Kitty, Colossus, Kurt were the ones I liked.

Lets be honest if Claremount did that, he would be whipped by one of the X-Woman atleast once an issue.

True. Maybe. But the fact that ONLY one other writer since himself can write Gambit kinda makes you go why can't any of these A star writers write him? Carey couldn't, Gillen couldn't... Just really interesting.

sca2511

Got these while on my trip to Vegas. Umbrella Academy was recommended to me by a local comic book store employee. Black Widow was on sale, so I just bought it blind and I heard some good things of Demon Knights. Any opinions on these?

h3IHsl.jpg

Got these while on my trip to Vegas. Umbrella Academy was recommended to me by a local comic book store employee. Black Widow was on sale, so I just bought it blind and I heard some good things of Demon Knights. Any opinions on these?

h3IHsl.jpg

Umbrella Academy is one of the best comics of all time. I was just as surprised as anyone else, but Gerard Way is up there with Grant Morrison when it comes to imaginative and emotive comics.

Garryk

Demon Knights is fun. I wish I had kept on it, but I've got too many comics as it is and prefer my cape books.

Big Score for the Umbrella Academy trades. Enjoy the comics created by the lead singer of My Chemical Romance.

Seriously it's Good

Owzers

Umbrella Academy is one of the best comics of all time. I was just as surprised as anyone else, but Gerard Way is up there with Grant Morrison when it comes to imaginative and emotive comics.

Definitely one of my favorites too :O More people need to get it. That and Nextwave.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I borrowed the first Umbrella Academy volume from a friend and really enjoyed it. I need to read the second one some day, and/or buy both of them. I wonder if that third volume will ever actually happen.

Osietra

Banned
Guys, is anyone else an Ed Brubaker fan? Holy shit, his Sleeper/Criminal writing combined with Sean Phuklos (or something) is really something pretty amazing. They really work well together. Oh, also they did Incognito, which is equally sweet.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Guys, is anyone else an Ed Brubaker fan? Holy shit, his Sleeper/Criminal writing combined with Sean Phuklos (or something) is really something pretty amazing. They really work well together. Oh, also they did Incognito, which is equally sweet.

YO

what a team up. are you reading Fatale as well?

Sean Philips, and yes you should buy everything they do together because they're one of the best creative teams of the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom