• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! July |OT| - Independents Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think brah is a Valiant exclusive artist now, he is good on Xo Manowar.

I'll have to check it out. His Conan is a revelation.

ConanTheLegend.jpg

Conan_frost_giant_daughter.jpg

conan16p2.jpg

So I was reminiscing about old story lines from my childhood and one of the story-lines a I vaguely remember was the "Death and Return of Superman". When Superman 'died' was it revealed to the world that he was Clark Kent? I don't remember.

So I was reminiscing about old story lines from my childhood and one of the story-lines a I vaguely remember was the "Death and Return of Superman". When Superman 'died' was it revealed to the world that he was Clark Kent? I don't remember.
No; hundreds of people died or went missing after Doomsday's rampage in Metropolis, and Lois and the Kents conspired to declare Clark one of the missing buried in the rubble so that his secret remained even in death. When the real Superman returned, they arranged to have Clark found alive in a well-stocked basement of a demolished building.

No; hundreds of people died or went missing after Doomsday's rampage in Metropolis, and Lois and the Kents conspired to declare Clark one of the missing buried in the rubble so that his secret remained even in death. When the real Superman returned, they arranged to have Clark found alive in a well-stocked basement of a demolished building.

Thank you very much.

Owzers

I wish all print comics included a digital code. ALL.

I started pre-ordering a couple DC digital combo books as well at issue 0: Batman, Action Comics, Justice League, and Green Lantern.

On a negative note, i want to write a comic book of some kind.

On a positive note, i redeemed my AvX digital codes.

On a negative note, i was hyped for AvX Infinite #1 and was let down, i thought it would be a little more tablet-ee and digital-ee, but it seemed like standard stuff.

Sinister, trolling the P5. Also giant Colossus should of went monster.

Magneto, Storm, Walking TnA and the talking toaster have to save the all powerful five.

Love it.

Secret History of D.B. Cooper #5: Holy shit, I always thought this was an ongoing so the ending hit me like a ton of bricks. Great last issue.

Daredevil #15: This arc feels quite different from every Daredevil story I've read before, and I love it.

X-O Manowar #3: Continues to make good use of its high concept, and the twist at the end worked well...
even though part of me wishes the setting didn't change since sci-fi books set in ancient history are a rare breed.

AvX #8: Better than the previous issue. I know some people hate it, but I'm enjoying what Marvel is doing with Cyclops.

And one more thing... James Harren is killing it on Conan. Screw the haters (love Nord and Cloonan as well).

Cr0wn0

Loving Saga, My buddy wanted to check it out and we had to go to 3 shops yesterday to find a set. Found the last #4 at the last shop. 2 of the other shops already have graded sets for sale, which just seems nuts to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Loving Saga, My buddy wanted to check it out and we had to go to 3 shops yesterday to find a set. Found the last #4 at the last shop. 2 of the other shops already have graded sets for sale, which just seems nuts to me.

I ended up having to go digital because I simply wasn't going to drive all over Indianapolis looking for #1 back when I started reading it. I don't regret it - having them available on my iPad at all times when I travel is fantastic.

And one more thing... James Harren is killing it on Conan. Screw the haters (love Nord and Cloonan as well).

By no means can you make a case for haters here. The faces are terrible and ruin the entire page. And Cloonan is a great artist, but a terrible fit for Conan. A good editor would never put them on the book.

Nord is fucking channeling Frazetta. No contest.

Also, AvX isn't as one-sided as Civil War. After reading X-Men Legacy, the Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel side, I feel for the mutants. The Avengers are right in the future tense, but the X-Men were doing right in the present...

For my money Harren is the most exciting comics artist in the game right now.

Did I read someone in here talking about an extra sized Uncanny X-Force? That was not at my store, man. WTHHHH

We live in a world where people think Quitely sucks so, sadly, this is not an applicable statement.

Depends why they think he sucks. What is their reasoning. I've heard people say they find his characters repulsive-looking, but I've never heard anyone deny that his linework is very precise and detailed.

Riptwo

I really like Cloonan's Conan work. I think that her Conan/Belit redesigns have been fantastic, and I'm excited for her next arc. It's cool to see someone deviate from the more "realistic" Conan style and go with something a little more stylized.

I was still into Harren's arc, but I've gotta admit that I agree about his character faces (but I had similar complaints with Nord, so what do I know).

I really like Cloonan's Conan work. I think that her Conan/Belit redesigns have been fantastic, and I'm excited for her next arc. It's cool to see someone deviate from the more "realistic" Conan style and go with something a little more stylized.

I was still into Harren's arc, but I've gotta admit that I agree about his character faces (but I had similar complaints with Nord, so what do I know).

They all have derp face and don't fit the genre at all. You may as well put Erik Larsen on the book. Or Art Baltazar. Exciting!

Terrible choice for Conan. Cary Nord pisses down his neck hole.

And yes Quietly is a fantastic artist especially in terms of layout, but his faces and head shapes are a travesty.

Cr0wn0

I ended up having to go digital because I simply wasn't going to drive all over Indianapolis looking for #1 back when I started reading it. I don't regret it - having them available on my iPad at all times when I travel is fantastic.

I'm all digital also, My buddy is a die hard collector of numerous things and hates the idea of going digital. He was driving so I just hung out for the ride! I much prefer digital.

Mafro

Rick Remender "accidentally-but clearly-on-purpose" posted then deleted this on Twitter *UNCANNY X-FORCE/WATXM SPOILERS* http://i.imgur.com/O4XMO.jpg

You can probably guess what's going on there if you've read the five page preview for UXF#28 on Newsarama.

Marvel got a new book with Kid Loki, Miss America and Wiccan? If Gillen is writin' this bitch then I won't be as upset as them ending Uncanny for a dang Bendis book.

Brah and DB Cooper ended? Oni Press just ends titles to quickly, even mini's are solicited as ongoings, hope Bad medicine doesn't suffer the same fate.

Wow, X-Factor 240 was just incredible. Probably the best issue of the book since the Summers Rebellion storyline, and definitely the best issue of any Marvel book this year. The way the different possible timelines were all shown simultaneously was just so cool.

If you aren't reading X-Factor (and you really should be), check this issue out. It's a done in one, and a good jumping on point. Not to mention it just shows what type of stories are only possible in comic books.

Rick Remender "accidentally-but clearly-on-purpose" posted then deleted this on Twitter *UNCANNY X-FORCE/WATXM SPOILERS* http://i.imgur.com/O4XMO.jpg

You can probably guess what's going on there if you've read the five page preview for UXF#28 on Newsarama.

With that preview Remender just wins comics. HE WINS ALL OF THE COMICS.

Wow, X-Factor 240 was just incredible. Probably the best issue of the book since the Summers Rebellion storyline, and definitely the best issue of any Marvel book this year. The way the different possible timelines were all shown simultaneously was just so cool.

If you aren't reading X-Factor (and you really should be), check this issue out. It's a done in one, and a good jumping on point. Not to mention it just shows what type of stories are only possible in comic books.

Great, inventive issue, but it's not called Journey Into Mystery so that's not possible.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Have I mentioned that I fucking love Rick Remender?

JJD

Well...I didn't expect that so soon. I like the character, they could have developed him more before going that route.

Still, we don't know how the story ends, so perhaps there's still a chance for salvation.

There are other ways to bring that big guy back, and I think it would be great to see him interact with the younger one.

tm24

FInally got around to FF 608. Let me tell you, wherever this is going with the Black Panther, i want it now. Also
The past BP that wore a suit and used guns against the Nazis. I need that story now

Owzers

another weekend , another comixology sale.

So far: Batman 201, bunch of good stuff
Ultimate Spidey sale continuation

I ended up getting the Grant Morrison 5 part Gothic batman story, never read it and have wanted to for awhile.

Didn't notice this at first, but Snyder's 11 issue Detective Comics run is included in this sale. Buy buy buy! And the 4 issue Elegy Detective Comics Batwoman Rucka/JH Williams story arc. Buy x 5.

Tizoc

Saga #5 was friggin' awesome and while I like The Will
and I'm glad he's trying to help the girl but why do I feel there's a dark side to him? A side that'll make us change our view of him?

Wonder Woman 11 was good too, but I still don't like these new changes to Wondy.

Daredevil #15 was great too, but I don't like how Matt is an Avenger now =/

Overall a good week for comics~

oh my god...I can't wait to get to my shop! I have to pick my books up a month at a time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom