• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2013. Trapped in humorless world, Prankster decides to end it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked for reaction to the news, Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso replied “Marvel plans editorial moves out far in advance and we would be unable to implement something like this for at least six months.”

Impeccably accurate

Is that newsarama about dark horse adapting the original script of Star Wars into a comic real or April fools?

CBR has an article up with some art so i think so

dark-horse-star-wars1-625x931.jpg

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...orse-to-adapt-lucas-original-star-wars-draft/

Quake1028

Comics...........fuck yeah!

DC COMICS
GREEN ARROW #19
INJUSTICE #12

IMAGE COMICS
SNAPSHOT #3

MARVEL COMICS
AGE OF ULTRON #4
ALL NEW X-MEN #10
DEADPOOL #7
INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #6
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #7
THANOS RISING #1
WINTER SOLDIER #17

And I'll pick up my copy of GREEN HORNET #1 that should be in from last week.

liiiIIIIIiiiist

Abe Sapien Dark & Terrible #1
Age of Ultron #4
All-New X-Men #10
Deadpool #7
Godzilla Half Century War #5
Indestructible Hulk #6
Superior Spider-Man #7
Thanos Rising #1
Venom #33
Winter Soldier #17

Venom/Wintie Soldge week!!!!!

Oh yeah, nearly forgot about Deadpool #7. It's in my regular pull list anyways so can't wait to read some retro weirdness.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
MY LIST. THERE ARE MANY LISTS. BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.

Action Comics #19
Detective Comics #19
Earth 2 #11
Green Arrow #19
Legends Of The Dark Knight #7
Worlds' Finest #11

You should. It's been stellar.

You'd think. But she doesn't have Max's lips.

There's a short time skip to college that's going to happen when the writers change for the book later this year. So it's not outside the realm of possibility.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait so it's actually the future of this current DC Universe? Like "in continuity"?

Beyond is the future of the Animated universe of the late 90's and early 00's. Does it tie into modern day comics? Sometimes, when they want it to. DC's continuity is just dumb and what's great about Beyond is they just pick and choose and don't give a rats ass. Easiest book in the world to get into, especially if you've watched the cartoon.

akira28

hrm...so like...an angry femme Damien-type ultra-bitch with a Bat-shield? I'm in. Don't make her too dislikable, just make her untouchable, impeccable, and 3x as snarky as Damien.

ElNarez

Banned
y'all lists are wack. mine reigns supreme as the best fucking list there is. NOW ANNOTATED.

DC Comics
Action Comics #19 (get hype for one good issue then two shitty ones based on Diggle's notes but written by Daniel)
Animal Man #19
Batwing #19
Detective Comics #19 (Hoping 'Tec 900 shows these motherfuckers how to do a milestone issue right YES I AM STILL BITTER ABOUT AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700)
Dial H #11
Earth 2 #11
Green Arrow #19
Green Lantern #19
Phantom Stranger #7 (seriously, now that Didio is only plotting, it's good! try it)
Stormwatch #19 (no idea what the fifty-two to expect with Starlin, but hey, willing to try)
Swamp Thing #19

Marvel
All New X-Men #10
Deadpool #7
Indestructible Hulk #6
Thanos Rising #1

The Third Category
Snapshot #3 (more diggle yay)
Uber #0 (maybe? I mean it's a kieron gillen joint but I'm not sure what the #0 means)

Stormwatch has been shit. Don't know if I should check out #19 or throw the $2.99 in the fucking trash.

Don't know if Phantom Stranger #7 is going to be an acceptable jumping on point.

Need someone to explain to me why I should give Dial H a chance. It looks fucking stupid.

Batwing is just dumb. It's a plane. Not a dude. (Why should I check #19 out???)

ElNarez

Banned
Too much DC, fuck your dumb list.

My dumbass list has annotations and shit. What does yours have? Nothing. Because you haven't made it yet. CHECK TO THE FUCKING MATE.

Stormwatch has been shit. Don't know if I should check out #19 or throw the $2.99 in the fucking trash.

Don't know if Phantom Stranger #7 is going to be an acceptable jumping on point.

Need someone to explain to me why I should give Dial H a chance. It looks fucking stupid.

Batwing is just dumb. It's a plane. Not a dude. (Why should I check #19 out???)

A) You're kinda sorta wrong? But it's a new writer with a new wackadoo concept so, maybe it could work for you and your inferior tastes.
B) It's been a series of done-in-ones. You won't get lost
C) Because it's the best man. It goes to all kinds of weird places, all under the guise of this wacky silver age concept. Plus it ties in with Flash #18's cliffhanger. Because, again, this comic is fucking crazy.
D) Yeah, but new team and new guy, maybe it could work? Like, six bucks is one sandwich and some soda I think probably. That's not that much money to throw around.

frye

Dial H has been sold to me as being written by a guy who really likes 90's Vertigo (to the extent that he only did it because Berger was editing the book) so if that's your thing....

frye

also stormwatch will probably still be terrible

Pretty sad what early 2000's good Wildstorm has become.

Dysun

Detective Comics 19
Green Arrow 19
Green Lantern 19

Age of Ultron 4
All New X-Men 10
Indestructible Hulk 6
Superior Spider-Man 7
Thanos Rising 1

Copied my list from the March thread, not sure I'm going to stay on Hulk for long. Attuma was meh

diaspora

Makes sense. Not sure what we're going to get out of it if Age of Ultron does take place in 616...

edit: Given that he's not imprisoned,
I guess we can assume that nobody's found out that he's Otto yet, though again with AoU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom