• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2013. Trapped in humorless world, Prankster decides to end it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

I'm wanting to get into comics...

Anyone recommend any good ones?
Preferably related to Batman, but also other ones in general.

bronson

The Last of Us looks pretty cool. Might be the first video game comic I've picked up in, uh... what was the last good video game comic?

SRG01

Makes sense. Not sure what we're going to get out of it if Age of Ultron does take place in 616...

edit: Given that he's not imprisoned,
I guess we can assume that nobody's found out that he's Otto yet, though again with AoU...

Isn't the speculation that AU takes place in another universe and the surviving heroes are going to jump (eventually) to 616?

diaspora

Isn't the speculation that AU takes place in another universe and the surviving heroes are going to jump (eventually) to 616?

Never heard of that one myself. If that's the case, I'm not sure why Spider-Man
starts off with Peter dialogue which is later rectified to be Spocks to conform to the current ongoing Otto story.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Never heard of that one myself. If that's the case, I'm not sure why Spider-Man
starts off with Peter dialogue which is later rectified to be Spocks to conform to the current ongoing Otto story.

It's because Bendis can't write Otto pretending to be Peter, he just doesn't know how.

diaspora

It's because Bendis can't write Otto pretending to be Peter, he just doesn't know how.

Right, but that's just it. If it's not 616, why bother changing him to spock halfway through and leave him as Peter if it's another universe? Unless going by Avenging Spider-Man the Future Foundation changes the future...

Chairhome

Beautiful April Fools Joke.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=998900&GSub=143040
liefeld.JPG

Rob Liefeld RARE only existing hand/foot art - 04/01 sale ONLY!

I'm wanting to get into comics...

Anyone recommend any good ones?

I'll leave title recommendations to others, but I'll advise you this... Limit the number of titles you get into, because these things will take a bite out of your budget.

The Last of Us looks pretty cool. Might be the first video game comic I've picked up in, uh... what was the last good video game comic?

Exactly. ;)

In all seriousness, I think the original Dead Space mini that Ben Templesmith illustrated was pretty good.

I like Injustice, Uncharted was alright, and the Dead Space ones but I haven't read the new one yet. I'm about to get the Mass Effect trades I've been putting that off...

I haven't read them but my kid has a few. Oh that reminds me, I guess theres a sonic/Megaman crossover coming up that he saw in one of his but he thinks its a new fighting game or something coming out. He keeps asking about it...I feel bad man. :/

this one

I've been reading Liefields Avengers run. Honestly aside from some goofy anatomy in a few panels the story is pretty good. It's actually better than Johns Justice League run so far. I like the twists at the end of each issue.

I'm not just saying it either. I think the first issue is free yall should check it.

Holy fuck why are you giving Nick Spencer work? Gonna buy it though.... This punishment.....

This Marvel Now wave 2 is like DCs subsequent waves, a bunch of books nobody wants or will buy. And not in a good way like Amethyst, Threshold or Vibe.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
What in the 616 f**k is going on with Age of Ultron? Thus far there's a schizophrenic Spider-Man, deaths on a global scale, and supposedly it takes place in 616 and in 2013.

Dysun

Dont think about it too hard, it was written years ago and the status quo has changed 50 times since then

ElNarez

Banned
I like that for as much shit as we give one another, sometimes we can all agree that Nick Spencer is a fucking hack.

HOWEVER, maybe this is the kind of book Spencer can make. He's got a great artist in Lieber, and he's got a bunch of D-Listers, meaning only hardcore nerds could know that he's fucking up. Maybe he can finally bring himself back to the level of his Cloak and Dagger mini.

HOWEVER, who the fuck am I kidding it'll blow chunks.

I like that for as much shit as we give one another, sometimes we can all agree that Nick Spencer is a fucking hack.

HOWEVER, maybe this is the kind of book Spencer can make. He's got a great artist in Lieber, and he's got a bunch of D-Listers, meaning only hardcore nerds could know that he's fucking up. Maybe he can finally bring himself back to the level of his Cloak and Dagger mini.

HOWEVER, who the fuck am I kidding it'll blow chunks.

"How did we all end up in this new lair?"
Find out in thirty-one issues!

Stage On

What in the 616 f**k is going on with Age of Ultron? Thus far there's a schizophrenic Spider-Man, deaths on a global scale, and supposedly it takes place in 616 and in 2013.

Considering later chapters involve time travel and reality warping, it's an altered reality bullshit story.

Kill off major characters like most of the fantastic four? No problem when it's all going to be fixed by the end of the story.

I'm getting sick of these big stories that are supposed to change things forever and yet never do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom