• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was anyone else's copy of Sunstone a mess?

0.jpg

What have you been doing with your copy :3

I'm sorry :(

Veelk

Banned
So I just read Pax Americana after putting it off for a good long while.

Do people know of any deeper readings or analysis of it that dig into the comic?

Loona

Convergence: Shazam was great - it's nice to ser villains other than Black Adam getting some use and characterization on display too, there's some fun to be had with some of those characters that's been untapped for ages.

Loved that page in the end that was just insane scenes from the characters' history, like Mary Marvel literally eating bullets, because why the hell not?

They put on a nice, if brief, show in Multiversity #2 too.

This is crazy. I'm trying to redeem my code for Inhuman #14 and it's saying the code is for Darth Vader #3.

What is the email for the guy who fixes this again? Someone's posted it here before. (not the normal support email that nobody answers)

Ditto, I dropped support an email yesterday but I've heard nothing back yet. I think it was last week where I got an issue with no sticker at all!

All this talk of creator owned shops is making me sad that May is the last month that my LCS is doing subs before closing in July. Ordering online just isn't the same as being able to wander in and chat shit with the owner.

Oh, I really didn't need this week's Silk to tug on the heartstrings it did. It's shaping up to be an awesome series.

Another thing I realized is that Batman #40 is the most elegant answer to the question "Why the heck does Batman not kill the Joker?", and that answer is "because that's not what he fucking does and you're incredibly dense for even bringing it up"

It really is just that.

Sadist

Illuminati playing hot potato with the trigger was horribly funny. Between the general "fuck THAT I'm not doing it" and Strange going "really dude? It's not enough that I just
summoned some nightmarish cthulhu monster that murdered a bunch of people, now you want me to murder a few billion more
? Fuck you Reed", it was a great scene. The outcome was super predictable but still enjoyable.
Hou haven't seen anything yet :D

Wonder if they have FCBD here in Holland...

RunLoveKill was pretty tight, reminded me of Fifth Element a bit

Yeaaah i get that.

I loved the book,, and meeting the artist was awesome. I really can't say enough good things about Eric Canete,, super nice, layd back guy.
I basically told him I had no idea who he was but after reading that book and him just being super cool when I met him that he's definitely got a new fan.

I mentioned to him that I read a preview issue of RunLoveKill #1 in a image preview book a few months back. And I had preorder the first 3 issues by the time I got to read #1.
He seemed surprised and really appreciated it.

-

Anyone else unable to get a copy of Batman? I'm still trying to get a copy of Deadpool 250. I don't know if its a supply or a comic store problem.

My small LCS sold out by like 1pm, the other bigger store had like 3 copies.
I see on ebay and FB them selling for like 12-15$

So I go to the LCS and the latest Batman issue #40(normal cover) was already 100% marked up ($10)? The first day it's released onto shelves? I honestly don't think I've ever seen that happen for a book. Did anyone else's stores do this?

Must be a good issue, lol. Can't wait to read it!
That's just fucked

-

Ouch, stick to the drawing table JRJR. Superman 40 was kinda bad. It would be a better comic as a silent comic as his scripting and choice of words is not in character at all.

Yikes,, its been up and down.
Last issue seemed to get a lot of praise,, "best superman issue of new 52"
edit: sooo he is writing it now?... for how long.

Yeaaah i get that.

I loved the book,, and meeting the artist was awesome. I really can't say enough good things about Eric Canete,, super nice, layd back guy.
I basically told him I had no idea who he was but after reading that book and him just being super cool when I met him that he's definitely got a new fan.

I mentioned to him that I read a preview issue of RunLoveKill #1 in a image preview book a few months back. And I had preorder the first 3 issues by the time I got to read #1.
He seemed surprised and really appreciated it.

-

My small LCS sold out by like 1pm, the other bigger store had like 3 copies.
I see on ebay and FB them selling for like 12-15$

That's just fucked

-

Yikes,, its been up and down.
Last issue seemed to get a lot of praise,, "best superman issue of new 52"
edit: sooo he is writing it now?... for how long.

JRJR's only writing it for a single issue until post-Convergence.

I'm dropping out of Wicked and Divine after issue #11, just read #9 and it's not for me. I still like the art and coloring but the plot never amounted to anything i cared about past the initial
head poppings. And the murder mystery that followed it is dreadful

This is the wise choice, issue 1 had so much potential and its gone no where. I dropped it around issue 9 or 10.

On a different note, Batman #40, WOW. Seriously good stuff, these guys just get better with every issue. I don't want to see a day where they aren't putting out a Batman comic. When their run finally does end its going to be a sad day for me.

that is MOST DEFINITELY Bruce and Damian at the end of the issue. I'll be interested to see how Snyder brings Bruce back to everyone.

Another thing I realized is that Batman #40 is the most elegant answer to the question "Why the heck does Batman not kill the Joker?", and that answer is "because that's not what he fucking does and you're incredibly dense for even bringing it up"

Which is why the question moved to " why the hell doesn't bruce cripple the joker?". Bats is quite pro-grievous bone fractures and pro-concussion.

The answer is because comics.

zennyzz

How's the thanos imperative as an event?

I've been enjoying War of Kings/Realm of Kings and want to know if the last part of the saga is worth it.

Hagi

Paid no customs on a 300€ order. Nuts.

Holy shit that's crazy maybe they marked it down for you. Guess I have to have a look and see what they have. Might finally be able to get the rest of the Hellboy Library Editions.

How's the thanos imperative as an event?

I've been enjoying War of Kings/Realm of Kings and want to know if the last part of the saga is worth it.

I loved it, the cancerverse stuff was crazy. For what is essentially the death knell of Cosmic Marvel I don't think they could've done any better.

RIP in piece Comic Marvel

Messi

Holy shit that's crazy maybe they marked it down for you. Guess I have to have a look and see what they have. Might finally be able to get the rest of the Hellboy Library Editions.

I loved it, the cancerverse stuff was crazy. For what is essentially the death knell of Cosmic Marvel I don't think they could've done any better.

RIP in piece Comic Marvel

Nope. They don't mark down packages. The full value is on the box. I think that is illegal.

Hagi

Nope. They don't mark down packages. The full value is on the box. I think that is illegal.

Then you are just exceedingly lucky my friend. Yeah it's illegal but thankfully a lot of online retailers are kind of enough to help you give the middle finger to the likes of Parcelforce and DHL.

Is the new run of Catwoman good? The covers are striking.

Messi preaching about IST, and I'm just sitting here waiting for my last IST package that missed the est. delivery date but it hasn't been 9 days since shipment so I can't contact customer service yet. :/

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Lol at the Messi Q&A

Nice haul, Messi! You should read I Kill Giants first. It's a pretty quick read, too.

Toa TAK

Banned
Marvel is never going to release an Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus vol. 2 are they?

It upsets me that this still hasn't happened yet. :(

On the other hand, I finally bit the bullet and used that free promo code they keep spamming me and got a month of MU.

Then you are just exceedingly lucky my friend. Yeah it's illegal but thankfully a lot of online retailers are kind of enough to help you give the middle finger to the likes of Parcelforce and DHL.

Quite a few contries have a 0% tax on book imports.

Messi

Yeah the current run on Catwoman after Nocenti is fantastic. A great Selina story.

Quite a few contries have a 0% tax on book imports.

Does Ireland? That explains it.

Top Bottom