• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware with Morrison's Omnibus. The story is fine, although Morrison takes some gross liberties with the characters and the notions of mutantdom. What's problematic is the art. I've never seen a run so consistently and thoroughly marred by a seemingly endless slew of rushed and/or untalented fill-in artists.

yea I hate that I did it but I quit that book around when
Fantomex was in it

Best issue of New X-Men, and one of the best comics issues ever was #121. Morrison/Quitely. The silent issue from Marvel's "nuff said" promotion. Seriously. Jean Grey and Emma Frost doing psychic surgery on Professor X.

74855-9121-78325-1-new-x-men_super.jpg

Pizza Dog issue, Pizza Dog issue, Pizza Dog issue...

I can now sleep easy knowing that Hawkguy #11 will be a Pizza Dog issue.

...I'm so stupidly happy for this I dunno why.

Just got some killer hardcovers in today. Invincible Ultimate Collection 1-5, powers 2-4, Scott Pilgrim Color, and Stumptown 1.

Also, I think Johns is going to do a Stargirl ongoing starting in June. You heard it hear first. You can take this rumor for free if you want Rich.

Best issue of New X-Men, and one of the best comics issues ever was #121. Morrison/Quitely. The silent issue from Marvel's "nuff said" promotion. Seriously. Jean Grey and Emma Frost doing psychic surgery on Professor X.

I don't even remember that shit. I need to dig out my Ultimate Collections. It's in there, right?

Mxrz

Finally got over my comicrage at AvX, and caught up on X-stuff. So, so sick of Cyclops, will it ever end? Magneto finding his balls again is a step up, and young Jean is a sort of neat idea, if potentially creepy.

New Avengers is the only thing I really dig right now, which means it'll either be canceled or bring in Cyclops.

Finally got over my comicrage at AvX, and caught up on X-stuff. So, so sick of Cyclops, will it ever end? Magneto finding his balls again is a step up, and young Jean is a sort of neat idea, if potentially creepy.

I'm really digging All-New X-men, as well as yesterday's Uncanny X-Men #1. I'm not a big Cyclops fan, but I can tolerate him for the time being.

Also, I thought Emma and Scott broke up? Uncanny #1 seems to indicate they're still together. Definitely not as close as they were, though.

How could you? Fantomex was one of the better parts of the book.

they were smearing bullshit to paper, I didn't want to pay for that

74855-9121-78325-1-new-x-men_super.jpg

yea loved that

anyways I'm talking about when it was new in the floppys, I went back and bought some of the trades of what I missed a few years ago. I did say I wish I didn't quit it.

Was there any crossover or interconnectivity with any of the Early 00s X-Men stuff? (New X-Men, Milligans X-Force/X-statix, Exiles, etc.)

No crossovers, but a few issues with guest stars of different teams. Mainly between X-Treme, Uncanny and New X-Men.

But it would have been sick for Milligan and Morrison to do a crossover :(

frye

yea like 2 or 3 issues? I need to dig that stuff out or buy a collection, I feel like reading it again

Something like that, yeah. Darwyn Cooke drew it and it looks greaaat (like everything in that series).

Was that in the X-Statix omnibus? I blew through that entire thing in a few days, so a lot of it is a blur.

Yup. That omnibus collected everything.

I thought the WatXM ish was amusing but X-Statix>*

Acid08

Banned
Just got some killer hardcovers in today. Invincible Ultimate Collection 1-5, powers 2-4, Scott Pilgrim Color, and Stumptown 1.

Also, I think Johns is going to do a Stargirl ongoing starting in June. You heard it hear first. You can take this rumor for free if you want Rich.
Duder those Invincible hardcovers are awesome.

The lady friend got me a bunch of books for valentines day

Rucka's No Man's Land novelization
WE3
Sandman vol4
Pride of Baghdad
Superman: Braniac

Gonna dig into No Man's Land after I finish up Wolverine: Enemy of the State.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
got around to reading Nowhere Men #1. kind of a cool setup, i'll see where it goes.

The lady friend got me a bunch of books for valentines day

Rucka's No Man's Land novelization
WE3
Sandman vol4
Pride of Baghdad
Superman: Braniac

Gonna dig into No Man's Land after I finish up Wolverine: Enemy of the State.

tell me howthatnovel is, i've been meaning to pick it up

Acid08

Banned
How has Hulk been? I haven't heard anyone talk about it since it began.
It's pretty good. It's monthly so there are just less issues to talk about than most of the big Marvel titles.

Plus not much has happened so far. #3 finally set up the future of the book. I'm really looking forward to the Simonson drawn Frost Giant story.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
So Comixology is having a 99c Civil War sale. Are any of the tie-ins worth reading?

Frontline is worth it only because of JJ Jameson's reaction after that particular "event" in the crossover.

I just cant bring myself to read phil coulson or fury jr. in any of my books.

Heh, my interest picked on the series when Coulson, Hawkeye and Mockingbird were announced as members. (Along with the fact that I loved the vol.1 of the series)

Looking at the solicits, who thought it would be a good idea to have the Morbius be about homeless people and gang battles? It's going to be the first Now book to be cancelled. Why is Marvel so afraid of magic and monsters? Can't wait for Alpha Big Time next week, good concept that will finally be in the hands of a talented writer.

Looking at the solicits, who thought it would be a good idea to have the Morbius be about homeless people and gang battles? It's going to be the first Now book to be cancelled. Why is Marvel so afraid of magic and monsters? Can't wait for Alpha Big Time next week, good concept that will finally be in the hands of a talented writer.

I dunno, dude. DC ran with it (I, Vampire / Sword of Sorcery) and that shit still ends up getting killed. Same way a lot of TV networks tend to stay away from sci-fi shows.

Acid08

Banned

Morbius having his own series was a bad idea from the beginning. Dude is pure zzzzzzzzzz.

In a few years Iron Man will go to the dark corners of Marvel with Doctor Strange and join up with Morbius, Ghost Rider and Nightstalkers for when they team up in Avengers 4. But Ghost Rider will get a wierd new costume and will have just a normal face.

I hear someone saying "yay Midnight Sons is back" and then " aw shit why Bendis!" and then "Man fuck Loeb for making that goofy Nova kid the new Doctor Strange"

Acid08

Banned
In a few years Iron Man will go to the dark corners of Marvel with Doctor Strange and join up with Morbius, Ghost Rider and Nightstalkers for when they team up in Avengers 4. But Ghost Rider will get a wierd new costume and will have just a normal face.

Skeleton body, normal head.

Wool

yea I hate that I did it but I quit that book around when
Fantomex was in it

How could you? Fantomex was one of the better parts of the book.

You sort of spoiled the spoiler there.

I got King City in the mail a couple days ago. About halfway through and loving it. Reminds me a lot of James Stokoe art. Nearly every page has some kind of pun or play on words too, and I like that.

Acid08

Banned
You sort of spoiled the spoiler there.

I got King City in the mail a couple days ago. About halfway through and loving it. Reminds me a lot of James Stokoe art. Nearly every page has some kind of pun or play on words too, and I like that.
Stokoe and Graham are homies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom