• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2014. Flowers? Candy? Please. Get that guy/gal an omnibus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to launch a Cyborg ongoing. I'm willing to throw my hat into the ring....

After the death of the Shazam Families foster parents, the kids come under the wing of Vibe and Cyborg, who start up a school in Detroit.

Script by Scott Lobdell
Dialogue by Ann Nocenti
Art by Liefeld

ReiGun

After the death of the Shazam Families foster parents, the kids come under the wing of Vibe and Cyborg, who start up a school in Detroit.

Script by Scott Lobdell
Dialogue by Ann Nocenti
Art by Liefeld

Cancelled in 9 12 30 issues. Will win two Gaf "Comic of the Month" awards.

Hrrm, not grim enough to be DC.

What if Mister Mind takes over the parents' bodies, then makes them murder each other in front of the Shazam kids? And the school is in an impoverished neighborhood where the ever-present threat of criminal life leads several of the kids astray with drugs, gangs and prostitution?

Hrrm, not grim enough to be DC.

What if Mister Mind takes over the parents' bodies, then makes them murder each other in front of the Shazam kids? And the school is in an impoverished neighborhood where the ever-present threat of criminal life leads several of the kids astray with drugs, gangs and prostitution?

Get Mark Millar on the phone to co-write, then throw in some teen pregnancies and dismemberment. (Are they old enough for that? do we need to start with a timeskip?)

Does anyone know why the marvel now sale isn't working? I've been trying since yesterday but all the comics it lists still show up as $1.99 not $.99 like it says it should...

http://marvel.com/comics/list/907/marvel_now_99_cent_sale?byZone=marvel_site_zone&options[offset]=10&offset=0&options[limit]=10&options[id]=907&contentType=content_list&method=fetchById&options%5Boffset%5D=0&totalcount=20

Also, what are some good comics by Kelly sue Deconnick? After reading Captain Marvel I want to see what else she wrote.

Thor is clearly the best, love Thor and his world.

However I prefer the X-men as a group. A lot of the time the Avengers roster is too loose.
I am enjoying Hickman's New Avengers though. The Illuminati is just plain cool.

Also the Avengers don't stand for anything. The X-Men are ABOUT something

Aquaman takes place in the WipEout universe?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

?!?!?!?!?!

This guy.

Vostok-X_1.jpg

As a group who does comic gaf like more the X-Men or the Avengers? I like the X-Men But the Avengers have Thor.

Avengers. After trying several times I've just failed to get into the X-men. Something inside me is just fundamentally bored to death by them more often than not, and even when I read a story that I enjoy, it doesn't spark any curiosity in me to read more.

Question for Marvel-GAF, didn't want to make a thread for it or bump an old one:

I'm catching up on Superior Spider-Man with the first three TBPs that have released so far. Where does the All-New X-Men/Indestructible Hulk cross-over fit in? I want to grab it but want to make sure I'm reading in the correct order.

Also grabbing the Avengers/New Avengers and Hulk TBP coming out this week, any other recommendations for any of the relaunches since Marvel NOW started? (Been reading Hawkeye and Captain Marvel which I'm definitely enjoying).

Dysun

Question for Marvel-GAF, didn't want to make a thread for it or bump an old one:

I'm catching up on Superior Spider-Man with the first three TBPs that have released so far. Where does the All-New X-Men/Indestructible Hulk cross-over fit in? I want to grab it but want to make sure I'm reading in the correct order.

Also grabbing the Avengers/New Avengers and Hulk TBP coming out this week, any other recommendations for any of the relaunches since Marvel NOW started? (Been reading Hawkeye and Captain Marvel which I'm definitely enjoying).

Feel free to read Arms of the Octopus whenever. It doesn't really fit in any one place. Only have to know Spock and the past X-Men have arrived.

Toa TAK

Banned

I don't believe the series ever refers to the cross over. At least if I'm remembering correctly. If anything there are more references to Avenging Spider-Man and Superior Team-Up.

Would love to be proven wrong, though. Of course I haven't read the cross over myself...

Thor man. Thor.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hold up, hold up, hold up.

I just finished Single Green Female. Wasn't She-Hulk disbarred for messing with the time streams an therefore unable to work as a lawyer?

If you aren't worn out by Deadpool yet the new Deadpool series is great. The first arc is the only one that is kind of lackluster. Otherwise it's been solid the entire run. Even the first arc is decent and sets up the rest of the series, it just doesn't ramp up until arc two.

Messi

Thor, Black Widow, Deadpool, Ultimate Miles-Man

Messi

Is this actually any good? I LOVE Ultimate Parker-Man but steered clear because people said it was lame and the protag soung like Marvel trying to cheat their way to diversity.

I really like it. I have great taste. Take that for what you will.

Messi

Ok, I'll give it a shot. But I'm taking down names, and if I don't enjoy it...

Let us know what you think of it. Miles grows to be a great character deserving of his own book.

ACTUAL SOPILERS

Can't wait for the new team book relaunch

Ok, I'll give it a shot. But I'm taking down names, and if I don't enjoy it...

As long as you don't have a problem with decompression. I bought the first two hardcovers. I liked them, but I felt like so little happened. What does actually happen is great though, you should be fine. The art is ridiculously good. I dropped off because the apce jsut didn't hold my interest, but it's a cool book. I might jump on down the line when I can buy like 10 trades at once.

Just ordered some more marvel books, gaf might be proud with this one. All OHCs. Superior Spider-man, Hawkeye & Waid Daredevil. I actually already have Hawkeye volume 1 paperback but the pace the book is coming out at, I'm happy to switch to the book yearly or whenever it comes out. I've wanted to check out Waid's Daredevil for awhile, the San Francisco reboot is enough for me to catch up. I'll collect this version of the run up until that point with the OHCs, maybe drop down to regular trades at that point. And Superior. I went back and forth between this or all-new x-men for a bit but I'm still a little hesitant, just with Bendis' pacing. I'll likely try that out at some point but that's no harm for me letting the releases pile up so I can just buy a ton when I want. That Amazing Spider-man trailer from last night has me hype too, so I thought fuck it.

That's me for a bit though. I have Infinity pre-ordered, but then that's me until March. I don't want to buy too much before my birthday and leave my girlfriend in a difficult spot trying to buy me presents while I'm buying stuff simultaneously. I'll probably leave it there with the marvel books for a bit too. That's the two Hickman books, Thor, Spidey, Daredevil & Hawkeye, that'll do. I'll probably wait until Latour's x-men/Aaron's amazing x-men drop in trades then decide what mutant books I want to check out between those two and the two bendis books.

Anybody read the newest Adventure of Superman with Max Landis writing and Jock on art? Involves the Joker in Metropolis. I bought the 2 issues and will read them later.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woooo. Got my X-Statix omnibus. Such a great book so far (both the physical book itself and the content). For $35 it seems like a steal.

And two other things:

1) Relevant to the USM talk on this page, are there any plans to make more than just volume 1 of Ultimate Spider-Man in omnibus form? Volume 1 came out almost two years ago and there haven't been any other USM omnibuses since... Seems odd. It's a bummer too, since Volume 1 is $32 new for 1000 pages. I'd be tempted, but I'd hate to only have just the first fifth of the series.

2) Has anyone seen this yet? http://www.comicsbulletin.com/revie...s-a-massive-collection-of-really-good-comics/
This thing is hilariously big (and I mean that in a good way) and the Sin City collection will be the same dimensions as that but STILL A HUNDRED PAGES LARGER. And for $50 cheaper than Conan. That's just insane.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Why are Marvel Omnibusses so cheap in America? I have to pay from 70 up to 90€ for the most Omninbusses here in germany -,-

Might pick up the hardcovers of All new X-Men. Really enjoying this series. I love the past X-Men, iceman in particular makes me chuckle.

As a group who does comic gaf like more the X-Men or the Avengers? I like the X-Men But the Avengers have Thor.
x-mans. avengers never interested me til the movies.
Young Avengers

Why are Marvel Omnibusses so cheap in America? I have to pay from 70 up to 90€ for the most Omninbusses here in germany -,-

Uhhh, they're not cheap it's just that it seems they don't take exchange rate into mind when bringing it to other territories. It's not like we get it cheap here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom