• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Malyse

I don't know why I like Monsters Unleashed so much but I do. Even the tie ins.
If Moon Girl saves the day, I'll declare this my fave all time crossover.

Sandfox

I don't know why I like Monsters Unleashed so much but I do. Even the tie ins.
If Moon Girl saves the day, I'll declare this my fave all time crossover.
The tie-ins are good. I still need to read the stuff that came out this week though.

VanWinkle

Man, I've just been looking at Francis Manapul art and I can't believe how amazing it is.

As an aside, I wish he would have done some Marvel work, just to see him draw some of their characters.

manapul_rogue_gambit.jpg

Well only 1 cosmic marvel omni to go then. Kinda regret grabbing the GoTG one though since 90% of it is in/will be in the 3 War of Kings omnis

VanWinkle

Well only 1 cosmic marvel omni to go then. Kinda regret grabbing the GoTG one though since 90% of it is in/will be in the 3 War of Kings omnis

Me too. But I guess it will be nice for re-reads when I just want to read GotG. Plus I'm probably not buying the WoK Prelude omni, since I have GotG and Deadly Genesis. I'm really not missing much since there's no actual event in the Prelude omni.

Me too. But I guess it will be nice for re-reads when I just want to read GotG. Plus I'm probably not buying the WoK Prelude omni, since I have GotG and Deadly Genesis. I'm really not missing much since there's no actual event in the Prelude omni.

Yeah no real event but, I will only have the GOTG stuff so the Nova issues will be nice

Perfect issue.

It was. Have we discussed already
prologue? My wife just read it and wanted to be a Debbie downer and say that this could just have been a story in the past. I'm like no way! I think Maria was drugged and given to her mom. As far as Marcus taking a sword to the chest, maybe Saya just put it between his arm and chest, and told him how Maria was still alive.

TheFlow

Banned
prologue? My wife just read it and wanted to be a Debbie downer and say that this could just have been a story in the past. I'm like no way! I think Maria was drugged and given to her mom. As far as Marcus taking a sword to the chest, maybe Saya just put it between his arm and chest, and told him how Maria was still alive.

OMG I want this to be so true. yes lord. no way is it a
past event
. He doesn't have the training, skills, or knowledge otherwise

It can't be in the past cuz Maria mentions killing Chico and his dad to the wife who drugged her.

It can't be in the past cuz Maria mentions killing Chico and his dad to the wife who drugged her.

There we go. That's it. My wife didn't want to
set herself up for disappointment. I don't think she could take such a huge high only to be let down. Hence her Debbie downer moment.

There we go. That's it. My wife didn't want to
set herself up for disappointment. I don't think she could take such a huge high only to be let down. Hence her Debbie downer moment.

The real question I'm trying to answer is, how did Marcus survive being stabbed in the chest? I keep looking at his "death" scene and it clearly shows he got stabbed in the chest and the sword fully went through him.

caliph95

The real question I'm trying to answer is, how did Marcus survive being stabbed in the chest? I keep looking at his "death" scene and it clearly shows he got stabbed in the chest and the sword fully went through him.

We see Saya whisper something to him we just don't know what, so assume based on my very little view of biology see may have avoided anything lethal and probably drugged him since that's how it usually goes in fiction. Though i wonder how they were able to fool the school

Mind posting the scene? Mine is boxed up in the closet and don't want to dig it up.

We see Saya whisper something to him we just don't know what, so assume based on my very little view of biology see may have avoided anything lethal and probably drugged him since that's how it usually goes in fiction. Though i wonder how they were able to fool the school

But it looks like Saya impaled him through the lungs. In the panel where he's laying down you see a big stab wound on his chest and blood around him. I really hope it's not some drug trip and made Marcus or Saya imagine it.

caliph95

But it looks like Saya impaled him through the lungs. In the panel where he's laying down you see a big stab wound on his chest and blood around him. I really hope it's not some drug trip and made Marcus or Saya imagine it.
I mean drugged as the slow the heartbeat can that is popular with fiction i'm not saying that it didn't happen just to make him appear dead. Considering this would be unrealistic him surviving that doesn't bother me i wonder how they were able to fake long enough to fool the school without him bleeding to death But i'm not a writer or an assassin so i don't know

You know, if destroying the Terrigen Cloud had a backlash effect of causing either humans that would have become inhuman or inhumans that were changed by that cloud to immediately drop dead, then I think that Death of X and IvX both become better stories.
The problem that I've had with all the T-Cloud stuff is that it actually ignores previous continuity regarding the cloud: Mutants aren't killed by it, but their powers are altered (which can sometimes kill them, like Unus the Untouchable), however this was only tested on those who had lost their powers on M-Day. It also gave humans powers, but killed them at an accelerated rate and required a highly concentrated dose and prolonged exposure to affect them. The only way they skirt by that is by saying that the atmosphere must have altered somehow, but it's still upsetting that no one acknowledges Son of M and/or Silent War (when all of this is revealed) at all during an arc that it's painfully relevant to.
Nightwing's lartest arc wrapped up but I'm not sure if I dig the new Blud. Giving it the Atlantic City Port Town make over was nice but did you have to drop everything about the city itself? What about the old cast? idk.
I felt that way, too, but Seeley is creating a new continuity, and I really like the idea of this Bludhaven being a "reformed" city, as indicated by a lot of dialogue said by the cops and higher officials and power players within the city. They state about all the things they could do "back in the day" and all the corruption that was going on. I basically imagined it as a Blud that's cleaned up its act, which works when you take the Runoffs into account: people who want a clean slate and to change their act. Not to mention that this is a "new" Dick. Someone who's finding himself, so what better way to do that then to go to a "reborn" city? I think it's brilliant, but I do hope we spend some actual time in Bludhaven and that the setting is developed. Not a lot of comics bother to develop the setting that they take place in.
Fucking Breitbart wrote about the Snagglepuss comic and the comments:

This ones my favorite:
It's been an irrelevant property even to those who did watch it back in the day. Why does this person care at all?
I don't know how Remender is gonna explain this. He looks dead.

Probably should spoil the link. Images show up on mobile.

caliph95

Fucking Breitbart wrote about the Snagglepuss comic and the comments:

This ones my favorite:

OMG who gives a shit about snagglepuss and it's not like he has girlfriend or wife that people know or care about. Plus i heard jokes about him being gay so i doubt anyone really cares.

If
Saya is the super-awesome ninja girl she's been touted as, it shouldn't be too impossible to put the sword through him and miss the vitals. Is Saya that good? Maybe.

It's been an irrelevant property even to those who did watch it back in the day. Why does this person care at all?

Cuz "SJWs" are taking over and turning your favs gay, even though Snagglepuss was always hinted at being gay. His name is fucking Snagglepuss. Of course he's gay. lol

I mean drugged as the slow the heartbeat can that is popular with fiction i'm not saying that it didn't happen just to make him appear dead. Considering this would be unrealistic him surviving that doesn't bother me i wonder how they were able to fake long enough to fool the school without him bleeding to death But i'm not a writer or an assassin so i don't know
I don't know if there's a teacher at the school that specializes healing impossible wounds. Unless Remender introduces something equivalent to the Lazarus Pit.
If
Saya is the super-awesome ninja girl she's been touted as, it shouldn't be too impossible to put the sword through him and miss the vitals. Is Saya that good? Maybe.

The sword impaled him by accident. Saya looked shocked and surprised.

Sandfox

The problem that I've had with all the T-Cloud stuff is that it actually ignores previous continuity regarding the cloud: Mutants aren't killed by it, but their powers are altered (which can sometimes kill them, like Unus the Untouchable), however this was only tested on those who had lost their powers on M-Day. It also gave humans powers, but killed them at an accelerated rate and required a highly concentrated dose and prolonged exposure to affect them. The only way they skirt by that is by saying that the atmosphere must have altered somehow, but it's still upsetting that no one acknowledges Son of M and/or Silent War (when all of this is revealed) at all during an arc that it's painfully relevant to.

I felt that way, too, but Seeley is creating a new continuity, and I really like the idea of this Bludhaven being a "reformed" city, as indicated by a lot of dialogue said by the cops and higher officials and power players within the city. They state about all the things they could do "back in the day" and all the corruption that was going on. I basically imagined it as a Blud that's cleaned up its act, which works when you take the Runoffs into account: people who want a clean slate and to change their act. Not to mention that this is a "new" Dick. Someone who's finding himself, so what better way to do that then to go to a "reborn" city? I think it's brilliant, but I do hope we spend some actual time in Bludhaven and that the setting is developed. Not a lot of comics bother to develop the setting that they take place in.

Probably should spoil the link. Images show up on mobile.
This mist making up the cloud is supposed to be different from the past ones that didn't effect mutants. I can't remember the details well enough to explain it better.

Aizo

Banned
It's February, and I still have so many comics to catch up on from last year.
Giant Days continues to be the greatest comic on Earth.
It's by far my number one priority to read each month when it comes to Western comics.

Speaking of February releases, I'm so ready for the rage that the new Deadly Class is sure to fill me with.

Tizoc

Transformers Lost light:
The functionist universe continues to be as loony as ever

I wonder what's Rung alt mode.
I cant read it at work bcause the stupid comixology app wont accept using my phone cellular data to download the issue >=/

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Batman' getting better and better. Superman seemed a little rushed (the art and the resolution). Wasp was cute (but I hate how they couldn't think of a better abbreviation for G.I.R.L.

But most of all, there was a Giant Days. There should always be a Giant Days.

Top Bottom