• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Cheska

Though everyone would like to see what I picked up today, cross posted in FigureGAF.

Decided to check out some comic shops today in the Columbus, OH area, went to two in Columbus, and a hobbies store in Lancaster. I couldn't believe what I got.

Bishoujo Starfire and Mara Jade

My Harley Haul.

DUDE! Fantastic pick ups! Welcome to the Sideshow club <3 You're going to love that Harley, she's awesome.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
My dad and brother are pilots. It's essentially a high end blue collar job. Tons of repetition. But my dad did well, my brother not as well thanks to 9/11 messing up airlines for a good decade. But the more senior you get, the less time you fly. Before my dad retired he was flying once a month. Almost all pilots do "hobby" jobs later on to kill time or do the things they really wanted to do but dont have to worry about making money (like my brother makes music albums)

Oh nice! Good to know!

Comics are a flat circle

I've been rewatching this the past few days. Too good.

"Touching Comics"

Multiversity Guidebooks was the most flimsy 7.99 book I've ever read, kept thinking it was going tear a universe every time I flipped a page 2/10

Casanova Acedia had a very sturdy feel to it, I couldn't even tell if I was on the next page or skipped three pages being so used to Great Value Marvel paper 9.5/10

Uncanny Avengers worst of the bunch at least it comes with a digital code although ripping out the sticker bends the paper smdh/10

But how did they smell?

Zombine

Banned
vampirereadrainbloodstormcrimsonmist.jpg

Superman #38 (it's $4.99 oh fuck me)
Nameless #1
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #2
Cluster #1

damn... big week. hope i can scrounge together enough money to pay for these.

Ok, so I just began Thief of Thieves, Volume 1. First up in my Image Hit List.

Thief-of-Thieves-Vol-1.jpg

HEISTS MOTHERFUCKERS HEISTS AND CONS AND HEISTS AND THIEVES, I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHIT.

Apparently, AMC's got the TV rights for this show? It's pretty damn clear that John Hamm would be the main choice to play Redmond. Shit, he's drawn to look like John Hamm.

I'm not too far into it, but I really like it.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Hey everyone,
I used the link listed before and then kept searching for the final ones but then saw a spoiler. I'm scared of spoilers. I tried looking up what order to read the green lantern comics I got today but read something I didn't wanna see. Can someone tell me if this is right? And also where to put in those 3 I listed at the bottom (emerald dawn, the road back, emerald twilight new dawn.).

From what I have it seems the order is:
No fear
Revenge of the green lanterns
Wanted Hal Jordan
The Sinestro corps war vol 1
The Sinestro corps war vol 2
Rage of the red lanterns
Agent orange

I see a bunch of ones inbetween those but they seem to cover a different substory? I think these flow together for the most part.

I also have emerald dawn, the road back, emerald twilight new dawn.
No idea where those go but they seem different.

From what I have it seems the order is:
No fear
Revenge of the green lanterns
Wanted Hal Jordan
The Sinestro corps war vol 1
The Sinestro corps war vol 2
Rage of the red lanterns
Agent orange

Technically, Rebirth comes before those. But other than that, yeah. That's the correct reading order.

It's Super List Sunday!!!!!!

My BuyList via Comics Day App

LADY KILLER #2 $3.50
AMERICAN VAMPIRE SECOND CYCLE #6 (MR) $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #44 $2.99
DETECTIVE COMICS #39 $3.99
GRAYSON #7 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #40 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SUPERMAN #38 $4.99
BIRTHRIGHT #5 $2.99
NAILBITER #10 (MR) $2.99
NAMELESS #1 (MR) $2.99
SAGA #25 (MR) $2.99
SHELTERED #14 (MR) $2.99
WYTCHES #4 (MR) $2.99
ANT-MAN #2 $3.99
MS MARVEL #11 $2.99
STAR WARS #2 $3.99
ANNIHILATOR #5 $3.99
WOODS #10 $3.99

MikeDip

Technically, Rebirth comes before those. But other than that, yeah. That's the correct reading order.

I don't have rebirth, only those. Okay to start with no fear?

Also where do emerald dawn, the road back, and emerald twilight new dawn go? Are those completely separate? Read em first?

I don't have rebirth, only those. Okay to start with no fear?

Also where do emerald dawn, the road back, and emerald twilight new dawn go? Are those completely separate? Read em first?

Those three you mentioned are pre-Geoff Johns. Rebirth was the mini-series that pretty much kicked off the modern GL stuff. But if you don't want to buy that, you can read a summary on Wikipedia or something and start with No Fear.

MikeDip

Those three you mentioned are pre-Geoff Johns. Rebirth was the mini-series that pretty much kicked off the modern GL stuff. But if you don't want to buy that, you can read a summary on Wikipedia or something and start with No Fear.

Sounds good thanks! Will read those three, look into that rebirth thing, and then read the list I made.

Thanks to everyone who helped! Great day, happy with my green lantern craigslist haul. Really hope I enjoy Green Lantern.

Top Bottom