• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh neat, FF #608 from July 2002 "predicted"
the Phoenix returning and Wakanda being destroyed by a flood.
Did Hickman write AvX, I didn't notice when I read it

"Reading comics lol"

They're not like Us #2 - I think this book improved a little, starting to think it might read better in trade. I really like the art style.
dDOPF5I.png

Zero #14 - Brutal issue

Dying and the Dead #1 - Oversized issue with a lot of info dump, and you hardly get a handle on the characters. Kind of worried Hickman might be repeating themes from his other books but going to have to wait an see. Great art too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would have loved it when Hickman would have created this at some point in the past:

j0Y13.jpg

It would have been so much brain fuckery...

Edit: Oh shit, I noticed just now, that really Everything Endson the timeline with Secret Wars... :/

Edit: Oh god, Sorcered Earth could be the Incursions, Kang Forces are Uncanny Avengers :O Whats Born to Burn and 3 Skull ion? This time table is the best thing in Marvel Comics ever

Anyone else here read Maze Agency? I had picked it up to reach $50 on an IST order. And it is great fun. Very Remington Steeley.

And the quality of the TPB is awesome. Maybe the best I've ever owned/read.

Owzers

The movie Fury is disappointing so far, urge to switchover to some stupid netflix movie instead. I can't take Brad Pitt seriously in this movie, seems out of place.

Should I form Hot Toy gaf because that action figure thread is already covered in it lol

Yes, yes 1,000 times yes.

On that Hot Toys note I may have purchased the Mark 42 and Amazing Spider-man 2 Spidey. Mark 42 has the most beautiful colour scheme in person. He looks great with the diecast Iron Patriot and War Machine.

And as for the Spidey well he is the best Spidey yet by far. Incredibly poseable with a dynamic figure stand and yet I have him on display standing wearing his beanie hat, a scarf, jacket and backpack...he really does well and truly deserve to have amazing in his name.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I already got my on-topic posts for the day out of the way, so time for some Kipp |OT|.

Spent a lot of today looking into becoming a pilot. It's very tempting... Just gotta make that tough decision between cruising through life very financially stable but with semi-boring jobs or getting a pretty exciting job that will pay pretty horribly for up to 10 years and then I'll start getting paid half-decent wages and maybe have a slight chance of making good money one day.

The next couple years could either be:
1) Continue working current job, save up almost all the money I make, buy a house across the country with nearly a 50% downpayment and a super low mortgage and either work the same job remotely or find some other job that probably won't be very exciting and just cruise.
2) Continue working current job, save up almost all the money, put ALL my savings into flight training, do that for a year, become a flight instructor (guaranteed after flight training with this flight school) and make like $20k a year, do that for a couple years, likely will continue living at home that whole time to get my savings back to something somewhat respectable, etc.

I already got my on-topic posts for the day out of the way, so time for some Kipp |OT|.

Spent a lot of today looking into becoming a pilot. It's very tempting... Just gotta make that tough decision between cruising through life very financially stable but with semi-boring jobs or getting a pretty exciting job that will pay pretty horribly for up to 10 years and then I'll start getting paid half-decent wages and maybe have a slight chance of making good money one day.

The next couple years could either be:
1) Continue working current job, save up almost all the money I make, buy a house across the country with nearly a 50% downpayment and a super low mortgage and either work the same job remotely or find some other job that probably won't be very exciting and just cruise.
2) Continue working current job, save up almost all the money, put ALL my savings into flight training, do that for a year, become a flight instructor (guaranteed after flight training with this flight school) and make like $20k a year, do that for a couple years, likely will continue living at home that whole time to get my savings back to something somewhat respectable, etc.
My dad and brother are pilots. It's essentially a high end blue collar job. Tons of repetition. But my dad did well, my brother not as well thanks to 9/11 messing up airlines for a good decade. But the more senior you get, the less time you fly. Before my dad retired he was flying once a month. Almost all pilots do "hobby" jobs later on to kill time or do the things they really wanted to do but dont have to worry about making money (like my brother makes music albums)

"Touching Comics"

Multiversity Guidebooks was the most flimsy 7.99 book I've ever read, kept thinking it was going tear a universe every time I flipped a page 2/10

Casanova Acedia had a very sturdy feel to it, I couldn't even tell if I was on the next page or skipped three pages being so used to Great Value Marvel paper 9.5/10

Uncanny Avengers worst of the bunch at least it comes with a digital code although ripping out the sticker bends the paper smdh/10

Zombine

Banned
So, if you throw an issue of Multiversity into a fire, are you collapsing worlds in the Multiverse?

I feel so powerful right now. I'm like the Anti-Monitor.

So, if you throw an issue of Multiversity into a fire, are you collapsing worlds in the Multiverse?

I feel so powerful right now. I'm like the Anti-Monitor.

I gotta finish that this weekend. I've been reading it little by little. Really awesome concept. I'd love to get a poster of the map of the multiverse, there.

CBTech

Just caught up on Batman. Snyder is killing it! I'm loving this twist on the Joker and that last page of 38 was great. The side stories at the end of each chapter are really neat too. Joker's dynamic with Batman has always been interesting, but I think this is the first story that has made me feel scared of the Joker.

Bloodember

Though everyone would like to see what I picked up today, cross posted in FigureGAF.

Decided to check out some comic shops today in the Columbus, OH area, went to two in Columbus, and a hobbies store in Lancaster. I couldn't believe what I got.

Bishoujo Starfire and Mara Jade

My Harley Haul.

I went away a couple of days and suddenly were at page 94.

Ed, your stuff is amazing, I would have definitively voted for you had I not noticed it so late.

I'm also once again late to vote for the book of the month.

At least I read some amazing comics. Uncanny Avengers 2.0 was everything I wanted and more.
Also, Secret Avengers is the best damn comic ever.

Oh right, before I forget: read volume 2 of both RID and MTMTE last night. And I really have to say, poor RID is in an unfortunate position, since it's actually a solid and enjoyable book. It's just that MTMTE makes it look like crap by comparison. And yeah, with Volume 2 MTMTE went from "really, really great" to "everyone in this thread seriously better be reading this series because holy crap!" for me. That ending of the chapter with
how Ratchet go his hands back
was just goddamn fantastic, seriously. God I'm loving this series, and I'm really glad I have up to volume 5 in both, plus I've still got Dark Cybertron to slot in there somewhere...
MTMTE is just soo good. And it only gets better. You are in for quite the ride.

Zombine

Banned
Though everyone would like to see what I picked up today, cross posted in FigureGAF.

Decided to check out some comic shops today in the Columbus, OH area, went to two in Columbus, and a hobbies store in Lancaster. I couldn't believe what I got.

Bishoujo Starfire and Mara Jade

My Harley Haul.

Great haul! Love all the statues and Starfire is really impressive once you set her up.

You know, if DC was smart, one of those unknown worlds would be a "blank slate" world where after a story is told, it is lost to the ages and the universe is wiped clean. That way DC and writers aren't restricted to these now set in stone worlds.

Zombine

Banned
Oh boy, I missed Civil War Part 2?

Nope. This is more like Multiversity, where Civil War happened in a different world between two different factions. A few of us crossed over to witness the event and went back to our own world with news of the event.

Top Bottom