• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
tumblr_ln1j3e35GK1qg6sml.gif

Messi, you make me happy everytime you are posting this.

NeonZ

The Beyond comics aren't in the same continuity as the original show, right?

They were intended to be in the same continuity. The first modern Beyond series integrated some aspects of the then modern DCU into its backstory, but only adding to what was there, never changing anything established by the DCAU.

The second series and Justice League Beyond stopped doing that and pulled material from Justice League/U much more often.

FigureGAF and Action Figure GAF war is imminent, let's watch.

Personally, I'm glad of the split. Same reason I'm glad ComicGAF and MangaGAF are seperate. Just don't want to deal with animoo/animoo gurls/moe and such. If you are into that stuff, that is fine, I am a grown man that still watches Power Rangers and wrestling so I have no leg to stand on. I'd just prefer to have a thread just for Marvel Legends and such, since that's what I'm into. I won't even be buying much, though I'm hoping to get Classic Hawkeye, Captain Marvel and Marvel Now Thor from the current set. I also have nowhere to put them, I still have boxes and boxes of figures at my folks from before I moved out. All I have on the shelf here is my Cyberman I won as a door prize, three TARDISes and two Enterprises (the E and the Abrams-verse one).

I pop into TransformersGAF occasionally, but then I see the prices of the Masterpiece line and the fan-made figures and I have an oul' cry. Just a little one, because I'm brave.

Messi

Personally, I'm glad of the split. Same reason I'm glad ComicGAF and MangaGAF are seperate. Just don't want to deal with animoo/animoo gurls/moe and such. If you are into that stuff, that is fine, I am a grown man that still watches Power Rangers and wrestling so I have no leg to stand on. I'd just prefer to have a thread just for Marvel Legends and such, since that's what I'm into. I won't even be buying much, though I'm hoping to get Classic Hawkeye, Captain Marvel and Marvel Now Thor from the current set. I also have nowhere to put them, I still have boxes and boxes of figures at my folks from before I moved out. All I have on the shelf here is my Cyberman I won as a door prize, three TARDISes and two Enterprises (the E and the Abrams-verse one).

I pop into TransformersGAF occasionally, but then I see the prices of the Masterpiece line and the fan-made figures and I have an oul' cry. Just a little one, because I'm brave.

Should I form Hot Toy gaf because that action figure thread is already covered in it lol

Zombine

Banned
Personally, I'm glad of the split. Same reason I'm glad ComicGAF and MangaGAF are seperate. Just don't want to deal with animoo/animoo gurls/moe and such.

But that only leaves extremes toward one end of the spectrum or the other. Books like Uzumaki/Wolfsmund/Vagabond/Vinland Saga/Ect are left with nowhere to talk about them because they don't fit in with what the community is talking about (Waifu trash), and the closest community that those books fit in (here) cover their ears and say "lalalalala manga not listening."

Messi

But that only leaves extremes toward one end of the spectrum or the other. Books like Uzumaki/Wolfsmund/Vagabond/Vinland Saga/Ect are left with nowhere to talk about them because they don't fit in with what the community is talking about (Waifu trash), and the closest community that those books fit in (here) cover their ears and say "lalalalala manga not listening."

Wait, some of you talk about Wolfsmund here and it is not an issue right? talk about whatevs.

I don't get it, because I never ignored people talking about HT and such. Just because I don't buy them myself doesn't mean I don't appreciate how cool they are.

Wait, some of you talk about Wolfsmund here and it is not an issue right? talk about whatevs.

That's also an OT vs. Community difference.

Should I form Hot Toy gaf because that action figure thread is already covered in it lol

Eh, I'm fine with Hot Toys. I couldn't spend €200+ on one figure personally. The closest I've come is back when they made Unicron, I'm pretty sure he was like €130 back in 2003. If other people want to, that's fine. There are far worse things you could be doing. Like I said, my only objection is moe stuff. It's why I got turned off visiting the Steam thread. It's cool if people like it, I don't want to deal with pages of the stuff every time. Just personal choice at the end of the day. I deal with enough animoo talking to my IRL friends.

I'm already sweating at the prospect of the LEGO SHIELD Helicarrier. I have nowhere to put it, it's going to be ungodly expensive, and 742 Evergreen Terrace is still in its' box unbuilt. Still, I want it. New PC first though.

Nope, sorry, not buying that for a second. If it's read right to left and it's not Pax Americana, it probably doesn't belong here. Talk about whatever though, it's a Community thread, the Wild West of GAF.

Zombine

Banned
I don't get it, because I never ignored people talking about HT and such. Just because I don't buy them myself doesn't mean I don't appreciate how cool they are.

No not you, I'm just generalizing about why it's silly to break down these OTs because a few people don't like x or y. You don't make a Dogs |OT| and get mad that you're a fan of St Bernard's and people are talking about Dachsunds, so they have to make a Dachsunds |OT| to continue talking about them.

No not you, I'm just generalizing about why it's silly to break down these OTs because a few people don't like x or y. You don't make a Dogs |OT| and get mad that you're a fan of St Bernard's and people are talking about Dachsunds, so they have to make a Dachsunds |OT| to continue talking about them.

I think articulated/non-articulated is a perfectly fine split.

McFarline Toys has to get their shit straight. Their Walking Dead line is great, but they aren't hitting character releases in a timely fashion. They have yet to make a Tyreese, yet they re-hashed Jesus using parts from Glen/Michonne and a re-sculpted head from the Skybound release. Then they throw in a stupid original "pin coushion" zombie. Abraham and Carl are the only high points of the wave coming out in July/August.
Wish these brahs would put out some Invincible toys. McFarlane needs to step up.

Zombine

Banned
Wish these brahs would put out some Invincible toys. McFarlane needs to step up.

You have to wonder what the hell went wrong. They said Invincible/Manifest Destiny figures were planned almost a year ago now. At the very least we would have already had a wave 1 or some promo figs.

Next you'll be telling me we let in people that enjoy Marvel events.

Fuck those guys. Dachsunds for life.

You have to wonder what the hell went wrong. They said Invincible/Manifest Destiny figures were planned almost a year ago now. At the very least we would have already had a wave 1 or some promo figs.

I know they had an Atom Eve PVC figure, too. I bought her. She wasn't fantastic, but she was pretty decent. I would love to get an Anissa statue at some point.

Tell ya what...can you make a Big Bird avatar please? I loved that bird as a kid, he's my fav. Muppet.
Alright, cool. Ill put it down on my to do list.

May as well, just to keep you busy. ;)

I'd like a Swamp Thing, if that wouldn't be too much trouble.
Ok I've put it on my list.

I have one!

Please do a half mask/spider sense but with Spider-Gwen.

Also sorry you didn't win but an honorable mention is still awesome.
I actually didn't make honorable mention. Although I strongly feel I should have :p

I love Spider-Gwen! Im happy to do one of her

I've done it brahs. I am no longer gracing Walmart with my talents. I am devoting my my time to becoming a comics superstar. This time, I'm going full force!

Awesome! Keep us updated on how things go!

I'm getting typecast, i have a very cheery disposition.

Also....sign me up for Statler and Waldorf with one holding up a small $4.99 sign like a scorecard?
Haha Yes! Ill put it on the list

Messi said:
Ed if you are looking for something to do I would like an avatar of Harley or New Batgirl shiffing their stack of comics.

Well, since you've already got one from me, I'd have to put it on the backburner. It may be a while before I get to it. Especially since there are people that haven't gotten theirs yet.

i don't understand. Aren't they all dolls?

Just action figures. Webster's says:

a child's toy in the form of a baby or small person

The difference is pretty clear, especially if you have young relatives. My nephews always want to play with my action figures. I don't think they'd be as bothered about statues if I had them. They'd just say "Does it do anything?" and move on. Though my niece loves my Funko Anna and Elsa (and my Daenerys "she has a little pet dragon!" and Harley, who is "funny clown girl" according to her), and they're not really toys.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Finally started the second Waid Daredevil OHC. Just read the two Rucka issues at the beginning. Good stuff so far.

Top Bottom