• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Ultimate spider-Man is the only super hero book your need to read. When all is said and done with secret wars bendis's run on USM better be parkers canon backstory

They'll either start him back at the beginning all over again or just leave things as-is, with a small, small chance that they might restore the Peter/Mary Jane marriage.

Tizoc

Enough with the creepy GIFs people :p

Thanks Ed!

Well Batman 38's ending was actually interesting...the rest not so much IMO :p

Zombine

Banned
Honestly, I can't see why Mark wasn't okay with it.

Like, here's Eve who is in my eyes a huge pile of crap like MJ in Spiderman, and
then some Viltrumite girl gives him a good time and pounds his brains out
and it's some horrible thing. Lol yeah right.

I'm not vanilla though, so that's why I was probably more into it than others.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They'll either start him back at the beginning all over again or just leave things as-is, with a small, small chance that they might restore the Peter/Mary Jane marriage.
Oh god, please dont do this to me. There are still 9 months left and I dont want to worry all the time about Peter...

Like, here's Eve who is in my eyes a huge pile of crap like MJ in Spiderman, and
some girl gives him a good time and pounds his brains out
and it's some horrible thing. Lol yeah right.

I wanna see how this whole thing plays out. You know Eve is going to find out eventually. Realistically, Anissa
would probably be a better waifu for Mark than Eve.

figuregaf wars and enjoying rape

has SundayGAF taken over Saturday as well?? Is ComicsGAF only safe during the week when we have actual comics and comic announcements to distract ourselves with???

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does J.Scott Campbell work on any comic, or does he just do sexy ladies covers for various comics?

has SundayGAF taken over Saturday as well?? Is ComicsGAF only safe during the week when we have actual comics and comic announcements to distract ourselves with???

XD

I don't even care if they wanted to make a new figure thread and stick to western franchises only, but it seems they only want to talk about poseable figures. What the actual fuck? That eliminates Sideshow and DC Direct pieces.

Zombine

Banned

I think it's more like WeekendGAF at this point. I haven't even asked if you guys think Mia Khalifa would make a good Kamila Khan yet.

Owzers

XD

I don't even care if they wanted to make a new figure thread and stick to western franchises only, but it seems they only want to talk about poseable figures. What the actual fuck? That eliminates Sideshow and DC Direct pieces.

break the arms off stuff and glue them in a different positions every week.

I haven't read any comics today, but i have dusted some trades/shelves and am rearranging my three statues...that paint blotch....

The weekend is for listing a comic set on ebay and watching a dumb movie from Redbox, this time Fury.

XD

I completely understand it, personally. You really think that €15 Marvel Legends figures belong in the same thread with €100+ DC Direct statues? Completely different appeal IMO.

I think it's more like WeekendGAF at this point. I haven't even asked if you guys think Mia Khalifa would make a good Kamila Khan yet.

I thought that said Wiz Khalifa for a second.

break the arms off stuff and glue them in a different positions every week.

This actually hurts my soul and I am not even a statue guy.

Cade

WeekendGAF is the worst no matter where you hang out. There's no news, so gaming side is full of terrible list threads or bizarre question threads or bizarrer speculation threads and in any OT stuff gets... weird.

Zombine

Banned
WeekendGAF is the worst no matter where you hang out. There's no news, so gaming side is full of terrible list threads or bizarre question threads or bizarrer speculation threads and in any OT stuff gets... weird.

Why is Destiny such a sausage fest

Lol...

I enjoyed the cord cutting thread that was on the front page today. Don't really check gaming side apart from the Hearthstone thread in community these days. Feel like there's too much Nintendo/GG/graphicz threads lately. There's also a shitload of Angry Joe stuff lately as well. I watch a LOT of gaming content on YouTube, like I watch nearly everything TB, Jesse and Dodger put out, even anime bullshit, but I have never clicked on one of his vids.

Why is Destiny such a sausage fest

Because it's Borderlands with my homebrew Savage Worlds setting lore bolted on?

Vibranium

Banned
I wanna see how this whole thing plays out. You know Eve is going to find out eventually. Realistically, Anissa
would probably be a better waifu for Mark than Eve.

I am firmly on the team that Kirkman is playing the long game to
show Mark become a "villain" over the course of the series. Anissa will be one of the catalysts for a heel turn.

Some guy on the letters column straight up predicted to Sean and Robert that this was the plan, and they sort of brushed him off. If him and I are right, this could be big.

Splatt

Her? Bad YouTube quality, bit Hoyte Van Hoytema makes everything look dreamy.

I give her random 6/10

tumblr_mm8lkaiMro1s8kwzxo1_500.gif

I'm sorry
I'm not sorry

hahahahaha you are clearly high

iiWYXyVKHM8ST.gif

It's not so bad, seeing a East of West reference in that southern US should be it's own country thread made me smirk.

FeD.nL

Hey guys, quick question, want to order some omnibi(?) but for the young avengers some of my sites I order from contradict each other on what the variant cover is for the Young Avengers Omnibus, so which is it?

This one:

or this one:

If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Messi

Hey guys, quick question, want to order some omnibi(?) but for the young avengers some of my sites I order from contradict each other on what the variant cover is for the Young Avengers Omnibus, so which is it?

This one:

or this one:

If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

The first one is the variant

Southern Bastards.

Y'know, from issue 1 i expected what happened in ish4 to happen. Not completely the way it went, obv, but expected it to follow the standard trope of "one last act before i leave this hellish place"

Then in issue 5 all that exposition dump, which is built even further in 6.

God damn, this this is really special, aint it?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I bought a bunch of green lantern trades from craigslist today! Super excited!

Just gotta see what order to read these in, I don't know if they are connected or not. If I list em here can someone help?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
You've come to the right place friend.

You'll find these resources very helpful:

Green Lantern Reading Order
Reading Orders dot Com

Sweet thanks!
From what I have it seems the order is:
No fear
Revenge of the green lanterns
Wanted Hal Jordan
The Sinestro corps war vol 1
The Sinestro corps war vol 2
Rage of the red lanterns
Agent orange

I see a bunch of ones inbetween those but they seem to cover a different substory? I think these flow together for the most part.

I also have emerald dawn, the road back, emerald twilight new dawn.
No idea where those go but they seem different.

Yeah, the Invisibles isn't holding my interest at all even on my second attempt. Will move on to other comics and return this to the library. Maybe I'll try again a couple of years later.

MG310

OMG DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL DRIVING A FUCKING CAR WITH HIS FUCKING STICKS FOR A FUCKING BULLITT CHASE THROUGH SAN FRANCISCO.

Literally most thrilling sequence in comics history.

Poor Samnee had to explain that to his insurance company.

does J.Scott Campbell work on any comic, or does he just do sexy ladies covers for various comics?

I think he's doing like 80 variant covers a month for Midtown Comics at this point.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I think we should just merge the OTC into one gigantic super thread.

This actually sounds like massive fun. I should make an OTC superthread. I wonder if anyone would actually hang out there though. I have a feeling it would fall flat.

Top Bottom