• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Another victim of the DC Super-PAC.

26178-dr-evil-laugh-gif-bBfL.gif

Messi

I wonder where all of last month's Multiversity voters disappeared to? I don't think all this month's top votes add up to the total of votes that book got. Was this month's one that much worse? Or are there two dc super pacs?

Why isn't Marvel doing the Frozen adaptation? They're both Disney and I don't understand.

And where can I see the best of evil terrorist Cyclops I hear so much about? I have Marvel Unlimited, so anything on there would be cool. Thanks bros

I wonder where all of last month's Multiversity voters disappeared to? I don't think all this month's top votes add up to the total of votes that book got. Was this month's one that much worse? Or are there two dc super pacs?

Are you suggesting there is a deeper DC Super-PAC conspiracy? One even the DC Super-PAC isn't aware of?

I didn't vote this month, I just really wanted Pax to win last month.

I would've voted for Thunderworld if I had though.

Messi

Are you suggesting there is a deeper DC Super-PAC conspiracy? One even the DC Super-PAC isn't aware of?

There would have to be a SUPER-PAC in order for there to be a deeper one. Hell I didn't even vote harley first this month. Only one hijinks book too.

arkon

I voted last month for Pax Americana because it had to be done. That's the only time I voted. I'll probably only step in again if Harely Quinn or some DC title wins consecutively

Because Disney has a own comic department. Marvel has nothing to do with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck stories, too.

Oh I guess that makes sense. Are there any plans of merging them at some point?

We have to have a Luke Skywalker/Captain America/Mickey Mouse crossover at some point right

fertygo

Anyone else excited for HENSHIN! ?
I do because loving KILL GIANT, the aesthetic remind me to FLCL.
I voted last month for Pax Americana because it had to be done. That's the only time I voted. I'll probably only step in again if Harely Quinn or some DC title wins consecutively

Same lol, its had to be done that month.. I'll rise again when its needed. *play dramatic music*

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh I guess that makes sense. Are there any plans of merging them at some point?

I hope that will never happen. I even see it problematic that Marvel now has to share creators for Star Wars stuff.

Beside that, it would hurt the Trademark. Marvel is a superhero distributor, dont let them bother with (mostly) mass produced and cheap comics for little kids.

I dont talk about geniuses like Don Rosa when I say that they are mass produced and cheap comics for little kids, but Don Rosa, Carl Barks, etc are the minority in the Disney Comic machine.

We have to have a Luke Skywalker/Captain America/Mickey Mouse crossover at some point right

And especially this I dont want see. They can do this in Kingdom Hearts as long as they want, but please keep this out of my comics. Dont cross the streams.

Messi

That's the reason I am not arsed anymore. It's not about voting for your favorite books. It's become about stopping others.

That's the reason I am not arsed anymore. It's not about voting for your favorite books. It's become about stopping others.

Eh, don't take it that way. It looks like people aren't bothering to vote if the result already reflects what their votes would have been.

arkon

All the books I voted for are books I enjoyed most in that month. I've just never bothered to send in a vote before or since that particular month.

Owzers

Manhattan Projects #25: The end of an era is upon us. I'm not sure how i feel about Hickman transitioning the book away from the ensemble focus and into meatier arcs devoted to certain characters at a time. Will it be similar to Bran chapters in the game of thrones series?

Grayson #5: Still iffy on the book and that was my last pre-ordered issue. I had to check back to issue #4 to see if this was a continuation of something i forgot about or just a quickly moving focus and it seems like the latter. It's definitely an in between book for me where i can't point to any one thing as keeping me interested. Random 6/10.

Messi

Manhattan Projects #25: The end of an era is upon us. I'm not sure how i feel about Hickman transitioning the book away from the ensemble focus and into meatier arcs devoted to certain characters at a time. Will it be similar to Bran chapters in the game of thrones series?

Grayson #5: Still iffy on the book and that was my last pre-ordered issue. I had to check back to issue #4 to see if this was a continuation of something i forgot about or just a quickly moving focus and it seems like the latter. It's definitely an in between book for me where i can't point to any one thing as keeping me interested. Random 6/10.

7752.jpg

More books with just words. Yuck

I don't mind books. I read lots of them.

JEKKI

yo what's up with the Foot Clan?

like Shredder seems all bad ass and dangerous and whatnot, but his army of ninjas can never seem to do anything but get their butts kicked en mass.

I dont know... like maybe they would be more successful in their agendas if they used minions that could actually fight and take a beating?

Pachimari

Okay guys, I quit comics many years ago, probably more than a decade ago, so I need a little bit of help finding the good runs for some comics. I am interested in Daredevil (I know about the Frank Miller run) and Inhumans but if there's any great Ant-Man runs as well then I won't complain.

In which direction should I look?

yo what's up with the Foot Clan?

like Shredder seems all bad ass and dangerous and whatnot, but his army of ninjas can never seem to do anything but get their butts kicked en mass.

I dont know... like maybe they would be more successful in their agendas if they used minions that could actually fight and take a beating?

law of inverse ninja strength, friend.

The more ninjas you have, the less powerful they will be. One ninja is a deadly assassin, an army of them are cannon fodder for the protagnist

Zombine

Banned
Okay guys, I quit comics many years ago, probably more than a decade ago, so I need a little bit of help finding the good runs for some comics. I am interested in Daredevil (I know about the Frank Miller run) and Inhumans but if there's any great Ant-Man runs as well then I won't complain.

Ant-Man #1 is coming out this Wednesday and that could be Interesting. If you're looking for a great Daredevil run, you should check out Mark Waid's run which will be wrapping up in a few months after 60 issues or so. The trades for that are up on Amazon, and if you'd like to explore the greater world of Marvel comics, download the app and get a sub.

Owzers

i'd join the Marvel Unlimited subscribers in this thread. I don't know about previous Ant Mans, but there is a new Ant Man series coming out this month by Nick Spencer that looks promising. Daredevil recently had a good run by Mark Waid, the whole first part of it, issues 1-25ish, are up on Marvel Unlimited.

^Zombine wins this round.

CBTech

asked in the old thread but probably got lost in the shuffle, where does one start if one wants to see all of Cyclop's downfall into the asshole he is today?

This is a reading list of X-men stuff I was given when I asked a similar question back in August. Some of it is just general X-men things, but these are the major events that lead to where we are today. http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=126733988

I actually haven't read any of it yet. I need to reup my Marvel Unlimited subscription. I've currently been reading Uncanny X-men (2013-) which follows Cyclops leading new mutants as a revolutionary. I've been enjoying it so far.

You need to be reading Inhuman by Charles Soule, Joe Madueira, Ryan Stegman, Pepe Larraz, Marte Gracia, Richard Isanove and masterfully lettered by VC's Joe Caramanga.

New Writer on X-Men this week and Squirrel Girl. 2015 starting off right.

Squirrel Girl is going to be legit amazing.

And I need to know how you guys read TMNT. I used to read it monthly, then figured I'd trade-wait since a tpb comes out for every four issues... But now trade-waiting, I miss the frequent doses of TMNT. So back to monthly, I guess?

Irredeemable ant man

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is a reading list of X-men stuff I was given when I asked a similar question back in August. Some of it is just general X-men things, but these are the major events that lead to where we are today. http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=126733988

I actually haven't read any of it yet. I need to reup my Marvel Unlimited subscription. I've currently been reading Uncanny X-men (2013-) which follows Cyclops leading new mutants as a revolutionary. I've been enjoying it so far.

thanks for the guide :D

Owzers

AXIS #7: Was Deadpool a hippy in issue #6 because i don't remember and his dialog for half the book was atrocious. Random 5/10 for that alone, though i liked the ending.

Bii

Kind of indifferent to comics right now. Lost that spark. :/

It's all good. I'm sure you'll come back around.

I've been reading less and less comics in the past few months. It's probably because I'm working 70-hour work weeks and have been spending my free time with my other hobbies. I still purchase around 15 books a month and read them usually within the week I pick them up.

The new Ant-Man series starts next week and it sounds like it's going to be awesome. I know I'll be buying it so I'll post what I think on Wednesday when it comes out.

For Daredevil I feel like there's a ton of good content. Besides Miller you can check out the stuff by Bendis or Waid.

Gothos

I've been reading Moon Knight by Ellis and damn, isn't it awesome! And then comes issue number seven when some shitty new penciler takes over and the great book turns into total crap. God, I fucking hate this bullshit.

Tizoc

I've been reading Moon Knight by Ellis and damn, isn't it awesome! And then comes issue number seven when some shitty new penciler takes over and the great book turns into total crap. God, I fucking hate this bullshit.

Give Vengeance of the Moon Knight a read, it may not be as good as Ellis', but it was a good run IMO, short but good.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

It's not just a new penciller, it's a whole new creative team. Brian Wood takes over the writing.

PsychBat!

Banned
Yeah, I stopped reading Moon Knight at #6 because it was known that they were gonna change the creative team after that. Changing the creative team on comic books from Marvel and DC isn't anything new and we get used to it for better or worse. It comes with the hobby. But feel free to complain about it (no sarcasm), I usually do whenever I see anyone mention Bendis' Guardians of the Earth (with X-Men in tow).

In other news, I got amiibos!
Fucking love these things.

Owzers

Axis #8 - This event went to shit, it's just a jumbled book of interchangeable, unremarkable fighting with melodramatic dialog. Random 3/10 because who cares.

Top Bottom