• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Messi

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

Loving it. Everything from her "secret apartment" (get it? because squirrels nest in peoples' attics!) to her ability to hide her tail. This book is off to a great start.

I made a thread in Off-Topic when the book was announced and it already got some "blegh, that art" remarks.

I loved the 'Why is she fat' comments.

dat $4 price tag

I predict a delightful 12-15 issues before it gets cancelled and appears in end of the year lists for "underated title you should have bought you fuckin' pricks", like She-Hulk, Superior Foes, Captain Britain and MI13, and Young Avengers.

PsychBat!

Banned
Perfect.

I don't mind the art or her design but that one specific face she made weirded me out. Definitely will buy. When I can.

PsychBat!

Banned
SQGIRL2015001-DC31-eee33.jpg
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

MartyStu

dat $4 price tag

I predict a delightful 12-15 issues before it gets cancelled and appears in end of the year lists for "underated title you should have bought you fuckin' pricks", like She-Hulk, Superior Foes, Captain Britain and MI13, and Young Avengers.

These still hurt.

Messi

I enjoy Rocket and he is the major selling point. I Will drop it if they continue the trend of fill-in artist.

I don't think he is a fill in artist anymore. I also quite like his art. It's not Skottie but it's good.

Anyone else read Rumble #1? I thought it was pretty cool. The guy on the cover is a cool design.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have you seen Xorn yet? What do you think of his character?

I was about to ask about Xorn, when was he introduced if not here? Because Cyclops just went to him like he was already a established character.

And yes I know Xorn ended up just being
Magneto
btw, just one of those things you pick up over the years following comics even if you don't read them

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The New X-Men annual 2001, by Morrison and Lenil Yu. Its all sideways...you should have read it?

Damn it. That's tthe problem with MU (well not problem, there's no easy solution) it's only going from issue to issue and doesn't show specials and whatnot. Had a similar problem with Captain Marvel where a story was to be continued in a special and I had to look for it myself (but at least that one it pointed what to look for)

Going to search for that annual now

Squirrel Girl is being written by the guru behind Dinosaur Comics? Why did I not know this?

Between this, Howard the Duck, and Ant-Man, there's lots of good looking Marvel books starting soon. Hopefully they all make it beyond 20ish issues and keep consistent creative teams.
:(

Squirrel Girl is being written by the guru behind Dinosaur Comics? Why did I not know this?

Between this, Howard the Duck, and Ant-Man, there's lots of good looking Marvel books starting soon. Hopefully they all make it beyond 20ish issues and keep consistent creative teams.

if Joe Quinones draws more than 3 issues of Howard the Duck, i'd be shocked

Is DD the longest running Marvel creative team? Hell they even re numbered it because marvel freaks out if a comic is higher than the number 12

Well Waid didn't start with Samnee as a regular artist until issue...#12, wasn't it?

daredevil-12-kristen-mcduffie.jpg

but they've done over 30 issues together at this point since 2012

Just finished the second Hickman FF omnibus and it was a great wrap up. Everything after the end of the main arc felt like a long epilogue but I didn't mind that at all.

It's a lot of work doing more than a blank background with baby characters.

Say what you will about covers that are largely blank, but Jae Lee has been killing the Catwoman covers.

Drawing the line at $3.99....for now.

Rhaknar

Really liked the New X-Men Cassandra / Shiar arc, even quietlys art is growing on me (except his faces)

Busaiku

I wish my comic shop regularly got the Skottie Young covers, but I almost always end up having to get them elsewhere.

Vibranium

Banned
dat $4 price tag

Hmm, I wonder why... Lot of people out there who need to manage a specific pool of money for monthly titles, and lower-priced books starring the lesser known characters often fall trap to that. Marvel obviously know that Ms. Marvel is selling damn well partly because of the $2.99 tag, and yet for Squirrel Girl or Elektra they charge more. They'll learn one day....

In other news, I finally read All-Star Superman the other day after the Comixology sale, it was decent but I still prefer Morrison's Batman work. I freaking love what he did with Jimmy Olsen though, making him kind of a badass. Frank Quitely's art can look nice, but damn is it inconsistent.

Embrace the $4.99 future

Embrace the comics audience continuously shrinking until there is a withering pool of people still clinging onto $5.99 titles, in 20 years. Marvel need to do a cheaper monthly subscription package through Comixology and their own site if you ask me.

It's why I switched to MU for marvel comics. Sure it sucks being 6 months behind but Marvel doesn't discount their digital comics on CMX For 6-8 months and I'm not spending $4 an issue.

Rhaknar

Oh hello Fantomex... I forgot he was introduced in New X-Men

Speaking of him, I need to resume uncanny x-force but I'm really into this new x-men run atm

Top Bottom