• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Badger's pull list now available in Panel-Vision!

1275796_ful.jpg
1275674_ful.jpg
1275641_ful.jpg

1275632_ful.jpg
1268269_ful.jpg

Real lists are 3 months in advance and a page long from dcbs.

It makes a lot of sense to order well in advance. I'm interested in how well this system works. Doesn't it happen that in three months time, you have a bunch of things you'd wish were different about your pull?

I dont know that it's a system that would work for me. Like, I'm only beginning to know creators. So the names attached don't always provide much insight into the book. And I don't know how frequently there are previews available when you order this far in advance. Previews are a big help in choosing a series to try out. And scouring the listings, for me, is all about discovering new titles.

It makes a lot of sense to order well in advance. I'm interested in how well this system works. Doesn't it happen that in three months time, you have a bunch of things you'd wish were different about your pull?

I dont know that it's a system that would work for me. Like, I'm only beginning to know creators. So the names attached don't always provide much insight into the book..

I'm in the same boat, with the ever-changing pull-list... But at the same time, I really am curious to try it. Especially when the prices are that much cheaper.

Owzers

I dont know that it's a system that would work for me. Like, I'm only beginning to know creators. So the names attached don't always provide much insight into the book. And I don't know how frequently there are previews available when you order this far in advance. Previews are a big help in choosing a series to try out. And scouring the listings, for me, is all about discovering new titles.

The savings are fantastic but i do miss the flexibility. For example, i skipped out on all but one Villian's Month books, if one turns out amazing i'll see if dcbs has any or i'll have to wait for it to drop $1 on comixology, at least digital is an option. You can email dcbs to see if they can add a book to your order after the pre-order cut-off, sometimes they can, lately i've had problems with it since Justice League 22 was sold out and some Image books are hard for them to re-order. The previews catalog lines up with your ordering fairly well, though i stopped ordering the catalog.

The savings are fantastic but i do miss the flexibility. You can email dcbs to see if they can add a book to your order after the pre-order cut-off, sometimes they can, lately i've had problems with it since Justice League 22 was sold out and some Image books are hard for them to re-order. The previews catalog lines up with your ordering fairly well, though i stopped ordering the catalog.

So how far in advance do your orders need to be placed?

Do you have to pay for your order when you place the order, or when it ships?

Can you have a pull-list where titles roll over on a monthly basis, or do you have to order each issue individually?

Owzers

So how far in advance do your orders need to be placed?

Do you have to pay for your order when you place the order, or when it ships?

Can you have a pull-list where titles roll over on a monthly basis, or do you have to order each issue individually?

you can have a pull list, i think it's created from a previous order, so you'd go into that and mark all the books you want to add to your pull list. I never use it because it used to have problems with variant covers being added to your order, not sure if that still exists.

right now dcbs just put up October Solicit books to pre-order, so 2 months in advance for pre-orders. You are charged for your order about a month before the books come out.

It's really tempting. But it seems like there would be a period of adjustment, too. As well as a month or two of double-expenses for comics as you both have to pre-pay DCBS and pick your shit up from the LCS.

I'm in the same boat, with the ever-changing pull-list... But at the same time, I really am curious to try it. Especially when the prices are that much cheaper.

Oh yeah, if I was in The States, I would totally do it, too. Being in Canada, there aren't shipping services available that make it worth giving up the ability to mold my collection on a weekly basis.

Wow, loving Andrea Sorrentino's art on Green Arrow. Issue 21 in particular. Great stuff.

Edit - And 22 has one of the best 2 page panels ive ever seen.

ReiGun

Lists are go.

Earth 2 #15
Green Arrow #23
Movement #4
Trinity Of Sin The Phantom Stranger #11
Satellite Sam #1+2
Sidekick#1
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #2

Nudull

Banned
Another small one for me.

Avengers #17
Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #2
Mega Man #28
The Movement #4

How did Superior Foes #1 turn out?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Another small one for me.

Avengers #17
Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #2
Mega Man #28
The Movement #4

How did Superior Foes #1 turn out?

Superior Foes is sort of like Hawkguy, but with bad guys. It was fun, it'll be worth following for a bit to see where it goes.

Batman Beyond 2.0 was awesome as hell. Read dat shit guys.

I really enjoyed Superior Foes. I appreciate that we're dealing with dark characters in a light hearted manner. And what we've seen thus far of the characters and the plot has me interested in both. And it was genuinely funny. Great art. What's not to like?

JEKKI

aw man... so I'm chillin here at my computer in my underwears redeeming Marvel codes and bagging / boarding my old comics to get ready for sum ebay selling.

it amuses me knowing a few ppl are gonna be winning a batch of comics from me that have inadvertently been rubbed against my crotch

debating if I should include a certificate of authenticity...

Alright, you got me

I laughed

Laugh all you want, but Tomasi's run on Batman and Robin, had more emotion and real father/son connecting in it than anything Morrison ever hit with the character. Let alone Batman and Robin 18 (or was it 19) that had way more feels, emotion, and sympathy than in Morrison's own book in dealing with the death of Damian.

Owzers

aw man... so I'm chillin here at my computer in my underwears redeeming Marvel codes and bagging / boarding my old comics to get ready for sum ebay selling.

it amuses me knowing a few ppl are gonna be winning a batch of comics from me that have inadvertently been rubbed against my crotch

debating if I should include a certificate of authenticity...

I need to update my ebay listings:

All comics are in great condition with bags/boards, at no time did a comic touch my crotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom