• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone spoil Fables #150 for me pls.

Just a one word answer will do. Is it a happy ending?

No way am I reading the rest of the #70 issues if I don't get my happy ending.

Is "Grayson" good? Is it set before or after the beginning of Traps and Trapezes?

It's very good, one of the best ongoings at DC. It's set after the Nightwing Nu52 run, so way after Traps and Trapezes.

Nu52 Nightwing isn't that great, by the by. It has its moments, but it was ultimately forgettable.

AsfaeksBR

Grayson is pretty good. It's a bit overhyped around here, but solid nevertheless.

It's after Forever Evil. No idea what Traps and Trapezes is.

After. Takes place after Forever Evil.

Thanks, will check it out.

It's very good, one of the best ongoings at DC. It's set after the Nightwing Nu52 run, so way after Traps and Trapezes.

Nu52 Nightwing isn't that great, by the by. It has its moments, but it was ultimately forgettable.

Is it understandable without reading every Nightwing Nu52 comic?

CBTech

Is it understandable without reading every Nightwing Nu52 comic?

Easily, I don't think anything from the Nightwing comics has had any significance in Grayson. They give you enough recap in the first couple chapters to give you a good idea of what's going on. It is pretty self-contained.

Yousefb

Alright so I have not read the Hickman Avengers/New Avengers run that leads up to SW and I decided to jump right into the event. Maybe some day I'll go back and read but right now I don't have enough time to go through all those issues. I've read SW#1 so far.

I understand the general premise and I don't feel lost but I do have a couple of questions. What happened to 616-Tony Stark? And is that Hulk with the military haircut Bruce Banner or someone else?

Alright so I have not read the Hickman Avengers/New Avengers run that leads up to SW and I decided to jump right into the event. Maybe some day I'll go back and read but right now I don't have enough time to go through all those issues. I've read SW#1 so far.

I understand the general premise and I don't feel lost but I do have a couple of questions. What happened to 616-Tony Stark? And is that Hulk with the military haircut Bruce Banner or someone else?

Major spoiler for Avengers
Tony and Steve kill each other at the end of Avengers

I remember there was a panel about republican writers vs democrat writers. The Fable writer was there along with Waid. It sounded so cringe worthy.

No because if Trump runs as independent then he'll take away a large portion of the Republican super crazy vote, thus giving Democrats the super easy win and making Willingham very sad.
Trump is the closest we have to a Senator Armstrong though. He is one step closer to building Metal Gear!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Best thing about Nu52 Nightwing was the suit. lol

I always loved this cover:

2034412-01.jpg

? I have liked what I have read.

I haven't actually gotten into reading any Fables related stuff yet so I can't speak to specifics, but my general view is that it's perfectly OK to enjoy stuff that may have aspects (or creators) that you find troubling, at least to a degree. There are almost certainly lines there somewhere, but I'm not sure where they are.

Thors looks pretty cool. I've never been into the character and I haven't read any previous books but the idea of a Thor police force sounds interesting
Thors is a must buy. I haven't read much Thor either apart from God of Thunder but #1 was fantastic. Jason Aaron's writing some great books at the moment.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I really enjoyed Aaron's Ghost Rider 20-23. Is "Heaven's on Fire" a continuation of that arc? Can anyone recommend me other "horror" comics in the same supernatural style other than Locke and Key?

Man, Afterlife and Sabrina are BOTH amazing as hell. Also try Wytches for a good time.

I heard a rumor...

God damn. Every time someone posts an Umbrella Academy panel, I get a little shiver of satisfaction for owning both volumes in Deluxe OHC format.

Man, I paid like $70 for each of those fuckers.

Major spoiler for Avengers
Tony and Steve kill each other at the end of Avengers

We should be so lucky. I've had enough of those fucks. Marvel needs some new characters front-and-center.

Remember that red head Dick dated and she turned out to be fuckin crazy?

Huh? oh! You mean
Barbara!
. :D

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I haven't actually gotten into reading any Fables related stuff yet so I can't speak to specifics, but my general view is that it's perfectly OK to enjoy stuff that may have aspects (or creators) that you find troubling, at least to a degree. There are almost certainly lines there somewhere, but I'm not sure where they are.

Yeah, I'm one of those people that doesn't really care about the views a creator holds as long as it doesn't show in their work. Like Frank Miller wrote that pretty crazy blog post regarding the Occupy Wall Street movement, but that doesn't make me love his work any less.

Yeah, I'm one of those people that doesn't really care about the views a creator holds as long as it doesn't show in their work. Like Frank Miller wrote that pretty crazy blog post regarding the Occupy Wall Street movement, but that doesn't make me love his work any less.

The views of the creator really shouldn't affect your ability to enjoy the story. I mean, Orson Scott Card has some really questionable views, but I still think Ender's Game is one of the best Sci-Fi books I've read.

There is a line though, especially when it's the actions of the creator more so than the views.

Like I can't imagine I will ever be able to watch the Cosby Show again.

Owzers

i don't have time for comics tonight, i'm going to watch Cosby reruns while eating some chick fil a. Maybe sign up to help Trump's campaign.

There is a line though, especially when it's the actions of the creator more so than the views.

Like I can't imagine I will ever be able to watch the Cosby Show again.

The Cosby Show is something I would never be watching anyway, so this isn't a particularly concerning predicament for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom