• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit. I wonder if it's going beyond the Seven Deadly Sins then?

E: Wait, I fucked up and misread. Okay, so Acedia itself is broken into several parts. That makes way more sense considering how much more story there seems to be to this arc.

Yes, its actually relatively decompressed compared to prior volumes. Avarita was all about breaking down that 16-page one mission an issue format from Lux/Gula and ended up destroying the whole damn universe, and now its found a new groove where bits and pieces of the old comics show up one issue at a time.

Hagi

They have Marvel Knights Punisher, not his max run

It's still a fucked up run though so I don't see why they would put that up and not something like Alias. I mean you can have Barracuda telling some doped up prostitute to suck his dick then make him eggs but you can't have Jess have awkward sex with Luke Cage. It's weird I tell you, weird!

I finally got around to picking up Volume 1 of Ms. Marvel. I can't believe I waited so long. It's so good. I started reading it and couldn't put it down until I was finished. Definitely picking up the rest.

It's still a fucked up run though so I don't see why they would put that up and not something like Alias. I mean you can have Barracuda telling some doped up prostitute to suck his dick then make him eggs but you can't have Jess have awkward sex with Luke Cage. It's weird I tell you, weird!
I think their no max policy is ridiculous. I was just pointing out its a max line issue

I finally got around to picking up Volume 1 of Ms. Marvel. I can't believe I waited so long. It's so good. I started reading it and couldn't put it down until I was finished. Definitely picking up the rest.

The only downside to reading it monthly is constantly having to wait for the next issue.

The struggle is real.

BTW Ed, I'm moving to Austin next year, you got room for one more or nah

all aboard the ATX train

choo choo

My favorite Mexican joint of all time is just outside Seattle. Bite thy tongue.
I bet its not even real Mexican!

where do you live Poodlestrike? Come to Austin so I can take you out for *real* Mexican food
in san antonio

Hey can I move in too? I'm willing to be the middle spoon.

hmm middle is actually my favorite spot

can't beat getting two way cuddled

Aw yea. The Texas ranks grow stronger
we need to get together and make a power point presentation thatll introduce them to our Texan Way of Life (tm)

first slide: meet our governor, Abbott!
he's an idiot

Austin has a huge Whole Foods. It's got like 5 restaurants inside.
dont sell us short

now we have 2 huge ones and one middling one

how the fuck do books like Unknown Soldier happen? lol

dont sell us short

now we have 2 huge ones and one middling one

Damn, the second huge one must be new. I think I went there in '10. I just remember the one in downtown.

Also went to the smaller one. They had bread with sea salt on it. That was really good.

Totally agree, but I think the line that seperates them is the Max stuff will actually write out a swear instead of the whole %@#$ thing. Have only read the first two trades of Max Punisher tho, so I dunno. I've heard Fury Max is pretty good, anything else ?

Why do we need to wait a month between issues of Jem? :(

And someday I'll have pictures of my collection. Probably once the vast majority of it isn't on the floor. That and gketter's collection kind of intimidates me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Being sick at work during graveyard shifts is the fucking worst, because nighttime is always when your flu hits the hardest, when you're supposed to be in bed.

Pls send help :(

Splitting headache doesn't even let me read comics

Messi

Why do we need to wait a month between issues of Jem? :(

And someday I'll have pictures of my collection. Probably once the vast majority of it isn't on the floor. That and gketter's collection kind of intimidates me.

Quality like Jem takes time. That one page today
made me weepy with happiness

Kimber my girl #TeamKimber

no, be mean, that's why I turned it down personally

giphy.gif

So what's the deal with Baltimore? I saw Mignola worked on it and that got me pretty curious but I don't know anything about it. Worth reading?

Boogiepop

Man, Best Buy is messing with me mentally. They just sent me a $5 thing for not buying anything from them for a bit, with the caveat that it need to be used in store (it's got a barcode for the cashier). It expires like a day after the Etrian Odyssey 2 remake comes out, which is the only thing out soon enough that I'm interested in, and I was actually thinking I'd pick it up. However, there's like no way I trust Best Buy to happen to have copies of that niche a game on store shelves on release day that I can just walk in. And trying to preorder for in-store pickup online requires you to pay for it then...

This is confusing and I wish we had an obvious Best Buy thread to figure this out in instead of whining about it in here, but google didn't immediately bring up anything for me.

Oh, and I'm reading Alias now thanks to a certain awesome Comic GAF fellow... And I'm only 3 issues in but I'm enjoying it so far.

Is anyone else still following Powers? It comes out so infrequently that it's easy to forget about, but each issue reminds me of why I love this book so much. I seem to like non-Marvel Bendis even better (yes I know Icon is technically still Marvel shut up, now if only we could get some new issues of Scarlet). And dat Oeming art always delivers.

Owzers

When thinking about buying another batman black and white statue i keep thinking that i absolutely hate batman so why am i drawn to his statue? Is it just the Batman Animated Series that i liked as a kid, Burton's Batman movie, and Morrison's run? Bruce Wayne is an unlikable asshole in most comics and the constant " i can't kill you, but quit murdering people Joker or i'll be really annoyed with you" game is past tiresome.

Bruce Wayne is to Rick as Damian is to King Carl. I could do without the both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom