• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Black Widow being crammed into the refrigerator was the worst moment of this issue.
The entire event's ending is explained in one fell swoop in this issue:
Steve Rogers fighting Red Skull is inside his own head. His original personality fighting his new programming. And Frank already revealed Steve's plan to bring everyone back. And we have it reinforced that Ulysses' predictions still mean nothing. And why can't they use America to get back inside the shield? Was that ever covered?

Steve will break his programming and revert everything, fixing everything he did. Negating Spencer's run completely.

p2yoGAgl.jpg

Akira! Been wanting to own the whole series for years now but hadn't since they're real expensive when you get them new. Got them real cheap from EBay in a great condition.

Also, I may or may not have ran out of shelf space, and had to use my TV stand to put it. If only there was a way to read comics on an iPad! Oh well.

I beasted through the last 3 volumes when i was reading it for the first time one afternoon.

The entire event's ending is explained in one fell swoop in this issue:
Steve Rogers fighting Red Skull is inside his own head. His original personality fighting his new programming. And Frank already revealed Steve's plan to bring everyone back. And we have it reinforced that Ulysses' predictions still mean nothing. And why can't they use America to get back inside the shield? Was that ever covered?

Steve will break his programming and revert everything, fixing everything he did. Negating Spencer's run completely.

Said this back when HydraCap was first announced. Unsurprised.

I don't think that really means anything but the choice of words there...woof. Event is a bad word now.

What happened to Apocalypse anyway? Last time I saw him he was locked in the basement of the mansion (Extraordinary X-Men). Did anything happen to him after that or did they just drop it

bronson

Man, it's become really tough to scour comics sites for worthwhile new titles these days.

I've fallen way behind comics in the last six months -- are there any standout titles that started this year? Capes/non-capes, whatever.

Man, it's become really tough to scour comics sites for worthwhile new titles these days.

I've fallen way behind comics in the last six months -- are there any standout titles that started this year? Capes/non-capes, whatever.

All-New Guardians
Astonishing X-Men
Black Bolt
Bug!
Defenders
Extremity
Jean Grey
Motor Girl
Redneck
Rock Candy Mountain
Shirtless Bear-Fighter!
The Wild Storm

All started in the last 6-7 months, all excellent books

Edit: if you want something recent and complete, please read God Country

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
how do you not like Hollingsworth

What can I say? I hated his work on Wytches and I feel like he's holding back Opena and Harren on Seven to Eternity. I've also always hated the color palette of those Hawkeye books. Now I know why.

You have to be the only person on the entire earth who can't stand the art.

Maybe but in the end my opinion of art is the only one that matters to me.

All-New Guardians
Astonishing X-Men
Black Bolt
Bug!
Defenders
Extremity
Jean Grey
Motor Girl
Redneck
Rock Candy Mountain
Shirtless Bear-Fighter!
The Wild Storm

Excellent list.

Let me just add Old Guard by Rucka and Spencer & Locke from Aftershock.

Tizoc

So remind me if the DC Nation Super Best Friends Forever is getting remade into an animated series?
Cuz I'm rewatching the shorts on YT and my god those 3 need a series of their own.

bronson

All-New Guardians
Astonishing X-Men
Black Bolt
Bug!
Defenders
Extremity
Jean Grey
Motor Girl
Redneck
Rock Candy Mountain
Shirtless Bear-Fighter!
The Wild Storm

Thanks for this!

Sandfox

Today my plan is to catch up on Wild Storm and Doom Patrol. I'll probably share my thought tomorrow.

Also, Bleedingcool is running a rumor about the thing that's supposed to be coming after Legacy:
A month ago, Bleeding Cool reported a number of aspects about Marvel Legacy that proved to be true, such as the renumbering and how the Generations books would spin out of Secret Empire but would stand as perennial one shots. But we also stated that Marvel Legacy wasn't the destination, but the journey; that it would be a stopgap ahead of the big relaunch in 2018. That is when we would get Ta-Nehisi Coates on Black Panther, Nick Spencer on Amazing Spider-Man, Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic on Avengers...

Today I got a little more backup, describing Marvel Legacy as just a temporary bridge between Secret Empire and The Next Big Thing — whatever that is.

And as for artists that move the needle, one who Bleeding Cool have tapped for greatness, Pepe Larraz drawing a maxi-series that will open the gates for this Next Big Thing, with big names returning to Marvel in the main series, with more creative freedom and an event-less and crossover-less new status quo for at least one year...

Also, Bryan Hitch is also hyping up on twitter that he might be doing a JSA book after Justice League and he would "Ultimates the shit out of it"

Today my plan is to catch up on Wild Storm and Doom Patrol. I'll probably share my thought tomorrow.

Also, Bleedingcool is running a rumor about the thing that's supposed to be coming after Legacy:

Also, Bryan Hitch is also hyping up on twitter that he might be doing a JSA book after Justice League and he would "Ultimates the shit out of it"

God I hope they deny that pitch. Hitch can't write for BEANS.

There's a reason we threaten each other on the podcast with picking JL.

I don't think that really means anything but the choice of words there...woof. Event is a bad word now.

What happened to Apocalypse anyway? Last time I saw him he was locked in the basement of the mansion (Extraordinary X-Men). Did anything happen to him after that or did they just drop it
Kurt killed him right at the end, when Sapna was invading Limbo to destroy all of them.

Sandfox

I figured something would come out of it. Like Steve would break the control and die while fixing what he caused.

But no. Much like CW2, nothing that happened will have any true ramifications.
Steve has been out of commission enough this decade so I wouldn't want it to end with him dying. We haven't had a normal Steve book in a while.

VanWinkle

It's okay, no one reads Justice League anyway.

JSA, not Justice League. I would be incredibly sad if Hitch took up writing duties on that book. If he does art, fine, but please not writing.

We do live in the darkest timeline.

It's probably happening.

If Didio has been saying all this time that he's just waiting on the right creative team, and it ends up being Hitch writing, I will be devastated.

Sandfox

I really want to Hitch's pitch without the book actually happening.

Larraz on a maxi-series potentially working with Aaron before his Avengers run starts would would be really good.

Top Bottom