• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Are any comicgaffers at SDCC this year

I will probably go to Rose City in September. My daughter and I are both huge Skottie Young fans
And my wife wants to see Weird Al

Wanderer5

Oh my god Arkham Asylum 2, even through McKean is not coming back to do the art. The original is one of my favorite Batman stories. A sequel to Wonder Woman: Earth One is also very nice.

Oh my god Arkham Asylum 2, even through McKean is not coming back to do the art. The original is one of my favorite Batman stories.

What was the last thing McKean did btw?

WW art:
y6sox.jpg

vgshv.jpg

otsm4.jpg

jxsew.jpg

5zsmj.jpg

Dusknoir

Arkham Asylum, the comic book is good? I written it off because it was based on a video game. Guess I should check out it then.

Edit: that WW year two art looks great.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be in San Diego starting tomorrow, but I don't actually have tickets for the con.

I'm going to see The Adventure Zone and My Brother, My Brother and Me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Arkham Asylum, the comic book is good? I written it off because it was based on a video game. Guess I should check out it then.

Edit: that WW year two art looks great.

It's very good, it's considered a classic but it's not based on the video game. The comic came out in 1989.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How's Alan Moore's Providence? Saw people bring it up in the other thread, and I've heard some good things here and there, but I'm kinda hesitant to get into it because Alan Moore is an insane man.

JTripper

Reading vol 6 of Dixon's Nightwing and I'm wondering if at any point the series dips in quality at all as it goes on. It's been pretty consistent as far as Dick's characterization goes. How long was the run anyway?

Sandfox

We've known that the Dark Matter books would be $2.99, but I think the variant thing is new.

You seem to give Marvel a lot of "I guess we'll have to see how it plays out" leeway and DC very little. Or am I stating the obvious?

Shazam hasn't had a book in a long time and this isn't the first time they've said this. I rarely say anything negative about DC and the "harshest" thing I've probably said about them this year is that I think Vision is better than Batman when someone asked.

Jim Lee said that DC won't be doing an Unlimited style service because they feel having everything available at a single price devalues the product.

He also said that the Milestone books will take place in an alternate reality.

I knew people were crazy thinking that DC TV/Comic app would be any kind of unlimited service based on some tacked on line that it would "include comic content". That would have been the main announcement if it were true, not just some added line.

Oh man, Paper Girls is so damned good.

Dash of Spielberg and Quantum Leap, and just the kinda comic art you yearn for.

I just hate starting comics until they finish though. So many Rick Remender comics I would love to start. How is that man writing so many things at the same time?

Nightwing #24

"2000-gig hard drive"

....so 2 terabytes? And this is supposed to be the tech head? That hair dye must be affecting him in more ways than one.

Yes, although I hope it quickly moves on from the internal conflicts. Trinity hinted at a possible upcoming crossover.

The current arc seems to be doing that and also following up on some things that were teased early on in the book with the dark trinity stuff.

Nightwing #24

"2000-gig hard drive"

....so 2 terabytes? And this is supposed to be the tech head? That hair dye must be affecting him in more ways than one.

Not to mention he said the hard drive tracked targets or something like that?

I'm going to be in San Diego starting tomorrow, but I don't actually have tickets for the con.

I'm going to see The Adventure Zone and My Brother, My Brother and Me.

Lucky you, I love the McElroys. Would love to see a live show but I doubt they'll ever make their way up here across the border.

So after Ultimates 2... DOES Cyclops get his beams from the punch dimension?

So many Rick Remender comics I would love to start. How is that man writing so many things at the same time?

There are a number of writers I wonder this about. Lemire, Spurrier... how do these people write so many things at once? Especially when so much of it is really good. And all the world building Spurrier does... I'd be curious to see how these writers organize their time and how far in advance they plan their stories.

There are a number of writers I wonder this about. Lemire, Spurrier... how do these people write so many things at once? Especially when so much of it is really good. And all the world building Spurrier does... I'd be curious to see how these writers organize their time and how far in advance they plan their stories.
Remender has a family to take care of. So writing is just a way of life for him and I imagine a lot of other writers that depend on comics to make a living.

"When the final issue of Doomsday Clock is released, the DC Universe will be caught up to the story's timeline, which starts in the future of the DCU."

Kinda confused by that line.

I know at least on the case of Lemire he writes some stuff way far ahead and holds on to it. Often it's an illusion that he's writing so many books. He did a cool blog post about his process in his office on his blog/website ages and he talks about how often a series will be coming out but he finished writing it ages ago, will need to see if it's still there!

Now Cullen Bunn. That makes my mind do gymnastics.

Edit: oh here we go, came up straight away on Google lol

http://jefflemire.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/on-time-management-and-process.html?m=1

Top Bottom