• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Man Royals #4 is so fucking good. I'm loving the continuity pulls. Ewing you magnificent bastard.

I'm going to say it: I'm pretty sure Ewing is the most continuity heavy writer currently at Marvel, save for maybe Bunn.

So I finally read The Avengers #5.1 because...I dunno. Anyways, I enjoyed it. Nice end to an otherwise decent series. Badass Hawkeye moment:
Code:
[img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/10595dd267239b4563cef2c655c0e6d3/tumblr_ookdmmJtmO1r7hjkqo1_500.jpg[/img]

Sandfox

So I finally read The Avengers #5.1 because...I dunno. Anyways, I enjoyed it. Nice end to an otherwise decent series. Badass Hawkeye moment:
Code:
[img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/10595dd267239b4563cef2c655c0e6d3/tumblr_ookdmmJtmO1r7hjkqo1_500.jpg[/img]

I think Waid is better at writing the classic Avengers than he is with certain members of the current roster.

Man Royals #4 is so fucking good. I'm loving the continuity pulls. Ewing you magnificent bastard.

I'm going to say it: I'm pretty sure Ewing is the most continuity heavy writer currently at Marvel, save for maybe Bunn.
I want him to get to do a crossover between USAvenger and Ultimates or a book with a set amount of issues so he can tell just the story he wants to without getting dragged by other books.

Question: If I bought the Logan blu-ray here in LA, would it work in my PS4 back home in Sweden?

I love Hawkeye in his purple and pink.

Always been a fun one. I'm not much in to casual clothes Hawkeye. I love his more garish costumes. Hell I even dug his Ultimate one:
Code:
[IMG]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/0/0d/Clint_Barton_%28Earth-1610%29_from_Ultimatum_Vol_1_3.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20120908035610[/IMG]

PsychBat!

Banned
I certainly hope it's indicative of what's inside. :3

image.php

error4041

Just read the Rocket Raccoon & Groot Civil War II tie-in/Gwenpool crossover. it has an interesting set-up with an extra-terrestial hiding on earth to escape his past, but almost all of the potential is lost when they reveal that the alien is hiding because he knows a way to kill Captain Marvel, and a telapath wants to obtain this information to kill Captain Marvel, even has someone who doesn't hate Danvers, the plot on her life endgame is a hard swerve that felt like the book was justifying it's Civil War II tie-in status The Gwenpool bits didn't help too much, She should really stay in her own book for now, (though a crossover with Ms. Marvel would be interesting).

It did give us this godly panel though, and it makes up for the terrible plot
tumblr_osi6x8vFQs1wti794o1_100.jpg

Always been a fun one. I'm not much in to casual clothes Hawkeye. I love his more garish costumes. Hell I even dug his Ultimate one:
Code:
[IMG]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/0/0d/Clint_Barton_%28Earth-1610%29_from_Ultimatum_Vol_1_3.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20120908035610[/IMG]

Kill it with fire.

GAF is finally blocked at my work after 10 years of basically only posting while I'm at work. Not sure what I'm going to do all day now. Shit.

Mindwipe

I want him to get to do a crossover between USAvenger and Ultimates or a book with a set amount of issues so he can tell just the story he wants to without getting dragged by other books.

Question: If I bought the Logan blu-ray here in LA, would it work in my PS4 back home in Sweden?

No. Blu-ray's have fewer regions, bit still some.

UHD Blu-ray's don't have any, so that would work in a Pla... Oh. Yeah.

Pachimari

Man, Electro looks worse here too. So far I like the 90s incarnations more than these new Ultimate designs 0 for 2. At least Kingpin looks like himself. I hope to get to see more of Peter's high school friends. More of Liz, Mary Jane and Harry Osborne, heck I hope Gwen turns up along the way.

Does DC Comics have a similar service as Marvel Unlimited?

Vic_Viper

How is the iZombie comic? Just started watching the show on Netflix and have been really enjoying it. I've always typecasted the book and then the show after it but finally checked it out and it's much better than I thought.

So worked through the first few issues of the Doom Patrol Silver Age omnibus. Not bad! Binding seems good. Paper is actually really nice; it's very matte but not completely so; the colors really pop on it. I love how... succinct... the the intro to the characters is. "So, you fell into some African swamp gas, and now you can grow and shrink at will. Congratulations. And you passed out while flying your high-altitude plane, so the radiation gave you a negative counterpart. And you crashed your car and I rebuilt you as a robot. No go fight crime or something! I'm in this wheelchair so I can't go myself; instead i'll use my big brain to invent whatever macguffin the story needs"

caliph95

How is the iZombie comic? Just started watching the show on Netflix and have been really enjoying it. I've always typecasted the book and then the show after it but finally checked it out and it's much better than I thought.
The book is almost completely different from the show, the show only took ideas like zombies, gaining memories brains and IIRc the protags occupation otherwise nothing

Vic_Viper

The book is almost completely different from the show, the show only took ideas like zombies, gaining memories brains and IIRc the protags occupation otherwise nothing

Yeah I know, but is it good lol? Is it worth picking up the Omni for 40$?

Also, after subbing for a year I won't be resuming my Marvel U sub. It's got so many issues on iOS and just doesn't seem worth it when it does work fine. If it was a lot cheaper I might try it again. Hope DC's service doesn't come with these same issues.

Zombine

Banned

It's amazing. It's way better than the show.

Vic_Viper

It's amazing. It's way better than the show.

Thanks lol. Think I'm gunna pick it up from iST tonight! Wish I had known before buying The Clone Conspiracy on Amazon.

From what I've seen, this has to be the book where Allerd's art really shines.

Mafro

Just browsing through BC
Most Marvel creators didn’t actually know about the Legacy homage covers before they were released, and most of the cover illustrations chosen barely resemble the content inside the comic books in question. The main creative teams on the comic books weren’t aware of most of them until the covers were posted by Marvel.
I’ve also been made aware that a greater concern is Marvel Comics creators being specifically asked not to promote the announced books they are working on. At least, not yet. The creative teams, many of which will remain familiar ones, will be made later, but Marvel doesn’t want to give the full game away yet. Greg Pak‘s name ended up on the Weapon X cover, but that was it. Maybe this Friday?
What are Marvel doing?

tim1138

So worked through the first few issues of the Doom Patrol Silver Age omnibus. Not bad! Binding seems good. Paper is actually really nice; it's very matte but not completely so; the colors really pop on it. I love how... succinct... the the intro to the characters is. "So, you fell into some African swamp gas, and now you can grow and shrink at will. Congratulations. And you passed out while flying your high-altitude plane, so the radiation gave you a negative counterpart. And you crashed your car and I rebuilt you as a robot. No go fight crime or something! I'm in this wheelchair so I can't go myself; instead i'll use my big brain to invent whatever macguffin the story needs"

Silver Age Doom Patrol is best Doom Patrol

Messi

Next year DC will have half of each OP at this rate. :p

Btw, apparently the Legacy creative teams aren't locked down yet...

They will get a maximum of 3 slots with a new imprint and regular DC will lose 3. I'm right up at the character limit as is.

BC: How Marvel Comics Is Trying To Push Marvel Legacy #1

So there are many variant and tiered covers: Alex Ross (1:50), B&W Joe Quesada (1:500), B&W Alex Ross (1:100), Amy Reeder (1:25) Skottie Young, John Tyler Christopher, Greg Land, and the Mark Brooks Wraparound (200% of orders for Secret Empire #6).

But then comic book retailers can qualify for varying levels of extra discount on their orders, depending on their orders on Secret Empire #2 — whether 250%, 200% or 150%. For the record, Secret Empire #2 had a North American estimate of retailer orders by Comichron of just over 100,000.

Legacy #1 first look.

Top Bottom