• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Re-reading Secret Six and holy shit, Junior is one of the most terrifying villains ever. Even knowing who it is this time, he's still terrifying.
So after buying all of Simonson's Thor, Amazon gave me another free Marvel book, so I got volume 1 and 2 of the new Daredevil for $1.80.
One of the best decisions you've made. I fucking love it.
Remember Mallah is in a gay relationship with a brain in a jar
I mean wouldn't you?
So Xmen Blue #9 is going to be a secret empire tie-in. Since I am new to this game, should I still preorder this book, having no interest in secret empire, or will the book still largely fall in line with the Xmen Blue story line?
You'll be fine.

Bought Sinestro Vol 1-4 by Cullen Bunn. I've heard it's pretty great and I've been in the mood for some Green Lantern universe stuff. Plus I've heard it's good to have read in preparation for Hal Jordan and the GLC.

My friend really dug it a lot. I didn't read it, but he informed me of a really shitty lore change:
That Blue Lanterns can overclock Yellows as well as Greens. Which makes no sense given that the reason Blues and Greens are beneficial is because hope is worthless without will, and will is stronger with a cause/something to hope for. Fear and hope don't mesh on that level. In fact, hope should negate fear like it does to rage and greed.

caliph95

My friend really dug it a lot. I didn't read it, but he informed me of a really shitty lore change:
That Blue Lanterns can overclock Yellows as well as Greens. Which makes no sense given that the reason Blues and Greens are beneficial is because hope is worthless without will, and will is stronger with a cause/something to hope for. Fear and hope don't mesh on that level. In fact, hope should negate fear like it does to rage and greed.
Wait what that makes no sense
the blue lantern IIRC was made by one of the Guardian and it was to help GLs. Why would it work that way

One of the best decisions you've made. I fucking love it.

Charles loves it too!

C-IXmYYXUAE867o.jpg:large

This far into the thread and no one noticed that Lady Killer was listed in the wrong section of the OP? Tsk tsk.

;)

Lol guess this exposes me at least, since I 100% read the DH section every month but I didn't look at the independent section. Was surprised no Ladykiller in the DH section though lol.

Messi

did anyone notice that DC has raised the prices of their physical books by a dollar.

I noticed that Batman, aquaman, superman, and others are now 4 dollars. Yet they have no digital code. They really want people to go digital huh?

Also I swear Atlantis has so many terrorist and people trying to rule. Feels like there is a new king/queen. every couple of months.

Where did you see that? Previewsworld still has them listed at 2.99. Batman and Superman are through June at least. Aquaman is going monthly.

This far into the thread and no one noticed that Lady Killer was listed in the wrong section of the OP? Tsk tsk.

;)

No one reads the OP. I wanted lady killer in there and dark Horse was already finished and we needed another indie book so I put it there.

Messi

Hey Messi, I'm kind of curious since you almost exclusively talk about modern comics (which there's nothing wrong with). Are there any comics pre-2000 that you really like?

Re-reading JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 since it's been over a year since I last read it and I finally got Vol. 2. MAN is it good. Loving it. Stephen Sadowski's art is glorious, too. I wonder what he's up to these days. I think this is the only thing I've seen him draw.

http://i.cubeupload.com/VCjMvF.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Very few. Mostly just Harley stuff. I wasn't way into comics back then. I wasn't easy to get comics in Ireland a few years ago.

caliph95

Charles loves it too!

Lol guess this exposes me at least, since I 100% read the DH section every month but I didn't look at the independent section. Was surprised no Ladykiller in the DH section though lol.
Don't know who this Gian carlo is but he's completely wrong

I've just read wonder woman earth woman and really couldn't get into it. Is there anything in the comixology sale wonder woman sale that is decent and worth picking up?

Also downloaded the Fifa 17 with the free 5 day trial and it's taking an eon to install.

tim1138

I've just read wonder woman earth woman and really couldn't get into it. Is there anything in the comixology sale wonder woman sale that is decent and worth picking up?

Also downloaded the Fifa 17 with the free 5 day trial and it's taking an eon to install.

Renae de Liz's Legend of Wonder Woman, volume 1 of Perez, and volume 1 of Rucka.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just read Deadpool and what the fuck
they killed off Coulson?

Fuck this whole story arc, it's literally ruining Marvel ;_;

Fucking Deadpool of all people. Goddamnit I'm mad.

Messi

Legend of Wonder Woman

So this thing seems to have been out about a MONTH now and for the love of god i cannot find ANY published review on it whatsoever?? Did anyone here read it by chance? Looks like it could be fun (or utter trash i guess).

SWLdbXA.jpg

skybald

So this thing seems to have been out about a MONTH now and for the love of god i cannot find ANY published review on it whatsoever?? Did anyone here read it by chance? Looks like it could be fun (or utter trash i guess).

SWLdbXA.jpg

Yea I have seen nothing on it as well. I wonder how if there are any plans for a Jetsons reboot a la the Flintstones run that is ending next week.

Yea I have seen nothing on it as well. I wonder how if there are any plans for a Jetsons reboot a la the Flintstones run that is ending next week.
Yep, it's in the works.

Edit:

Misleading the Reader in Comics | Hawkeye | Strip Panel Naked
On this 'Strip Panel Naked', I take a look at Kelly Thompson, Leonardo Romero, Jordie Bellaire and Joe Sabino's Hawkeye book for Marvel Comics, specifically issue 4. The comic does some interesting things with it's visual to set-up expectations and mislead readers, and I wanted to explore how eyelines, backgrounds and visual choices in the pages of the comic instruct us to think a certain way, before dashing those expectations.

It's SPN's 1 year anniversary btw.

Messi

Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner did the recent backup in one of the Hanna Barbera books and are apparently working on the series.

Wanderer5

Oh Secret Wars is the new season for the current Avengers cartoon. I only seen like maybe 1 or 2 episodes from this series, but does this now look worse than before?

Wait a Jetsons standalone reboot you mean? Because this looks kinda like it has both the Flintstones AND the Jetsons in it, not sure how they approach it which is why a review would be nice hmm

Code:
[IMG]https://i2.wp.com/www.comicpow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Secret-Six-4-Bane-gets-paternal-on-Scandal-Savage-6.png[/IMG]

I'll echo what some others have said and say the Azarello/Chang New 52 run and the Rucka collection are both worth picking up, and in many ways complete opposites of each other.

The Rucka collection has very little "superheroics" in it and is more of a...political thriller? It really focuses on her as an ambassador. You could imagine it as a Sorkin West-Wing style TV show, crazily enough. That Rucka collection also includes a one-shot called Hiketeia that's very different from everything else in the collection, but is *awesome* in it's own way.

the Azzarello/Chang run (in addition to looking *amazing*) really plays up the "struggle among the gods" angle. The designs they came up with for the rest of the Greek pantheon are freaking awesome. And it tells are really, really satisfying arc over the volumes. Again, not very much "Wonder Woman has to beat up supervillain of the month" stuff, but as long as you're not looking for that if you're interested in WW at all you should be very satisfied.

I honestly haven't read a lot of Bane so I'm not wholey sure whether or not Bane coming on and off the juice is a well trodden character beat or not, but goddamn is that good in I Am Suicide.

I honestly haven't read a lot of Bane so I'm not wholey sure whether or not Bane coming on and off the juice is a well trodden character beat or not, but goddamn is that good in I Am Suicide.

Read Simone's Secret Six.
Code:
[IMG]http://www.dadsbigplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/secret-six-bane-goes-crazy.jpg[/IMG]

Top Bottom