• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Slow day for the best thread on GAF.

I was at work, then I watched the Blackrock Mountain stream over dinner. Now, I'm strongly considering purchasing the Infinite Crisis Elite Pack. Argh, there's too many MOBAs and not enough hours in the day. Wat do.

I'll read some comics on Wednesday. What's good that's coming out this week? The thought of going to Comic List makes my brain hurt right now. The only things I am definitely getting is Ultron Forever #1 and Doctor Who: Ninth Doctor #1. I still have to read Jem #1 as well.

Messi, have you read Journey Into Mystery with Sif? That's my only real comics exposure to her and I really enjoyed it. The second arc even had Beta Ray Bill (best Thor)!

9LcRj2e.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
GILLEN'S DOING AN ABIGAIL BRAND SIEGE-THEMED MINI FOR SECRET WARS WOOP WOOP

edit: oh my god Felipe Andrade is on pencils (READ UBER Y'ALL)

ALSO LOOK AT DAT TEAM
“There’s Abigail Brand. The main difference [from the S.W.O.R.D. series] is that she’s considerably older; 39 or so. There’s Leah of Hel, who is basically a twin-blade warlock Red Sonya character in a full length emerald chainmail. Leah’s best friend is fellow-demon sorceress Illyanna Rasputin, who rides an enormous metallic colossus into battle. The Endless Summers are about 1000 rejected clones from the realm of Baron Sinister, with ruby eyes and fine Jane-Austen-meets-Jack-Kirby outfits. There’s Lady Katherine Bishop, who’s basically Robin Hood and Maid Marian in one purple outfit. Oh, and a couple of UNITs trapped deep beneath the wall and being as sinister as ever. And Miss America, who remains Miss America Chavez.

“In terms of people I’ve never really touched, there’s Nick Fury doing some fine flashback mentor role. Leonardo Da Vinci from S.H.I.E.L.D. in a form where he has four arms and four legs, and is known as the Vitruvian Man. There’s Ben Grimm—now just Grimm—who has a very personal relationship with the Shield. Most of all, there’s Kang, who is Abigail Brand’s new second on the wall and has…something of a personality clash with Abigail. Honestly, I just love writing Kang. I mean both the character and the name. Just writing the word ‘Kang!’ is awesome. Kang! Kang! Kang!”

ElNarez

Banned
okay I confused Felipe Andrade for Gabriel Andrade SUE ME I'M EXCITED

edit: oh and yeah also James Goddamn Stokoe is doing a spread in it

Owzers

What happened?

Old people everywhere. Sting's hair. My ideal scenario with Sting would have been putting him in power behind the scenes to rival HHH when the Authority got kicked out by Cena, instead they just went back to business as usual, same boring dynamics, and used Sting to have a match vs HHH at wrestlemania and filled it with old people.

CBTnSo3WAAAjvPW.jpg:large

Tizoc

Old people everywhere. Sting's hair. My ideal scenario with Sting would have been putting him in power to rival HHH when the Authority got kicked out by Cena, instead they just went back to business as usual, same boring dynamics, and used Sting to have a match vs HHH at wrestlemania and filled it with old people.

Sting's hair lol.

So I ordered some comics from eBay and a copy of Spider-Woman #1 arrived with what I ordered.

I've heard this isn't such a great jumping in point for Spider-Woman despite the numbering because it's part of Spider-Verse.

Anyone care to point me in a better starting point if I wanted to start reading it? Is it any good to begin with?

fauxtrot

Banned
Old people everywhere. Sting's hair. My ideal scenario with Sting would have been putting him in power behind the scenes to rival HHH when the Authority got kicked out by Cena, instead they just went back to business as usual, same boring dynamics, and used Sting to have a match vs HHH at wrestlemania and filled it with old people.

Not gonna lie, Kevin Nash looked damn good after the match was over and he ripped his shirt off while walking backstage. Dude is still ripped for his age and has a six-pack.

Who is that teenager who got in your pic? Rude.

Forever young, brah.

So I ordered some comics from eBay and a copy of Spider-Woman #1 arrived with what I ordered.

I've heard this isn't such a great jumping in point for Spider-Woman despite the numbering because it's part of Spider-Verse.

Anyone care to point me in a better starting point if I wanted to start reading it? Is it any good to begin with?

I think #5 was the one where Javier Rodriguez took over art duties, that should be a good place to start.

Messi

#5 is the new launch . That was a great issue.

Hey Messi, LOOK.

This is totally for me but I can't get Dark Horse on Comixology so I must trade wait. :( . Looks amazing though.

That picture is kind of heartbreaking

--

One of the most amazing things finally arrived today. I am so happy right now. I shall show you guys in a bit.

I think #5 was the one where Javier Rodriguez took over art duties, that should be a good place to start.

#5 is the new launch . That was a great issue.

This is totally for me but I can't get Dark Horse on Comixology so I must trade wait. :( . Looks amazing though.

--

One of the most amazing things finally arrived today. I am so happy right now. I shall show you guys in a bit.

Thanks, I'll look into #5.

Are 2-4 worth picking up as well? How is the Spider-Verse arc overall?

Messi

Thanks, I'll look into #5.

Are 2-4 worth picking up as well? How is the Spider-Verse arc overall?

I loved Spider Verse but I didn't like her tie in issues. The best stuff from spiderverse is in the edge of spiderverse issues. When they are gathering the teams together.

It's being released as a complete series.

Dark Horse Comics is bringing a Swedish horror-romance comic to the U.S. this fall entitled, Love Hurts. Written and illustrated by, Kim W. Andersson, Love Hurts will be his U.S. graphic novel debut. It will collect the complete series.

Top Bottom