• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

TheFlow

Banned
Is it bad that I still haven't read Stray Bullets?

The writer/creator of Saga just started reading it this year so don't feel bad. But yea the original Stray bullet is arguably the greatest image series of all time.

edit: stray bullets is definitely an Adult book

frye

This is going to be lit looks like Sunshine and roses is going to be a long series. I gotta catch up

Summary of the new series STRAY BULLETS CONTINUES WITH THE BEGINNING OF A BRAND-NEW ARC OF STORIES! SUNSHINE AND ROSES is about violence, love, and really bad decisions. The Baltimore underworld is falling apart at the seams and blood has been spilt. Where and when things went to hell in a handbasket can be traced back to a time a few years earlier, when a man named Harry ran the city, Spanish Scott and Monster enforced the rules, and an insecure young man named Orson met a wild and crazy girl named Beth. The two together cooked up the boldest, most outlandish, and just about the stupidest plan ever devised-a plan to steal a whole lot of Harry's money and drugs and get a little revenge along the way. While every issue of STRAY BULLETS presents a complete story, the start of each new arc is the perfect place to jump on board and see what everybody else is talking about.
345811._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg

every time I look at the solicits and see that there's another ish of Sunshine and Roses coming out I'm both surprised and really glad

Owzers

i like it. Have a lot of people read Heck and didn't like it? Nobody seems to ever mention it, i assume you all hate it as well as anyone who likes it. I will work to regain your trust. Except those who didn't like Nextwave...so everyone here i guess. I'm leaving this community.

i like it. Have a lot of people read Heck and didn't like it? Nobody seems to ever mention it, i assume you all hate it as well as anyone who likes it. I will work to regain your trust. Except those who didn't like Nextwave...so everyone here i guess. I'm leaving this community.

Double Barrel (where Heck was serialized) is probably the best comics anthology series in history. Please stay.

hoping that gotham central is less than 60 bucks on instock trades.

does the new stuff go up tomorrow?

Yeah, 3:00 PM Eastern Time.

It will either be $58 or $50.

Edit: I just realised tomorrow's $100 Marvel omnibus has one more issue in it than DC's $100 omnibus. What Bizarro world is this?!

Good thing I sold my GOTG complete collections and Thanos Imperative trade late last year.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah, 3:00 PM Eastern Time.

It will either be $58 or $50.

Edit: I just realised tomorrow's $100 Marvel omnibus has one more issue in it than DC's $100 omnibus. What Bizarro world is this?!

Good thing I sold my GOTG complete collections and Thanos Imperative trades late last year.
crosses fingers for 50.

Also Comic-Gaf does anybody die in Deadly class #20?

Messi

LEICESTER CITY HAVE DONE IT!!!! THIS IS AS BIG AS THE ROCKETS WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP, POSSIBLY BIGGER.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
hoping that gotham central is less than 60 bucks on instock trades.

does the new stuff go up tomorrow?

Oh my goodness. There's a Gotham Central omnibus coming out!? Where have I been!?
I am so all over that. I've been meaning to read Gotham Central ever since I got into comics but have never gotten around to picking up the trades. Guess I'm waiting until Tuesday for my IST order.
I'm so excited for that now.

TheFlow

Banned
You do realize that there's a difference between not liking
the presence of rape
and not liking how the subject is used, correct?

anything involving rape in stray bullets is not over the top like Game of thrones and ect. I am rereading the series tomorrow to confirm this but I think there is only 2-3 instances out of 41 issues where someone attempts rape. I don't think there is any rape in the spinoff series either

Oh my goodness. There's a Gotham Central omnibus coming out!? Where have I been!?
I am so all over that. I've been meaning to read Gotham Central ever since I got into comics but have never gotten around to picking up the trades. Guess I'm waiting until Tuesday for my IST order.
I'm so excited for that now.
going to be lit

Tizoc

Moon Knight #1 by Jeff L. was good, but....I dunno man they really need to stop fucking wither Mercer's head jeez.

For that matter where my reprint of Vengeance of the Moon Knight, Marvel?

I read like 20 chapters of Stray Bullets. Its actually really well written with a large cast of characters but Im not that interested in finishing it because I cant get past the fact Lapham wrote 'Spider-Man: With Great Power'

Owzers

Sometimes i think my avatar is alive and the more i post the stronger it gets.

Continuing the main Star Wars book on MU, issue #11, it's still just an okay side adventure to me except for the Han parts which are abysmal. Leia, would you listen to me!

probably renting Overwatch on ps4. Buying Uncharted 4.

Top Bottom