• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

I appreciate the lull in Comixology's sales this week, after week after week of top shelf comics. Does Comixology typical participate in Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales? I can't remember.

VanWinkle

Haha this was great (Batman Zero Year)

thumb.jpg

Still can't make it through the second week of July comics. I'm still that depressed. I also think it's because Didio cancelled most of the books I'm interested in like Dr. Fate, Doomed, Aquaman, Gotham By Midnight and Mystic U and Dark Universe.

Still can't make it through the second week of July comics. I'm still that depressed. I also think it's because Didio cancelled most of the books I'm interested in like Dr. Fate, Doomed, Aquaman, Gotham By Midnight and Mystic U and Dark Universe.

I didn't know that Dr. Fate and Aquaman had been cancelled. :(

On another note, I'm not sure if you know, but Doomed is joining
the Teen Titans
in January.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
New Stuff
HARLEY QUINN & POWER GIRL #5
BLACK SCIENCE #17
MONSTRESS #1
PAPER GIRLS #2
RASPUTIN #10
WE STAND ON GUARD #5
DEADPOOL #1

Old Stuff
MANIFEST DESTINY #6
RASPUTIN #9
TMNT #3

Shaanyboi

Banned
Finally got around to rereading and finally finishing Batman Eternal. That's a fun-ass series, though the Batwing/supernatural stuff felt so separate from everything else. I'd definitely put it as required reading for Scott Snyder (even though he didn't actually write the script for most of the issues). And honestly, having a central Bat-Family book was really refreshing.

I enjoyed Harper, Julia, Killer Croc, and of course Spoiler all a helluva lot. Everyone got their time to shine really. And the climax was pretty damn great.

While I think the writing was fairly consistent, there were definitely a handful of the issues where I just was not feeling the art. Specifically Babs chasing after the Brazilian celebrity guy - Scorpiana was just drawn so fucking terribly. Ian Bertram's art... no fucking thank you. But that said, most of the artists did a fine job. Some cool shit from Dustin Nguyen, Jason Fabok, among others. Wish there was some more consistency among the artists as to how stuff like Jason's helmet works (does it have a nose or not, does it have a mouth or not, etc.)

But yeah, fun-ass read, and works far better now that it's all out as opposed to waiting for all the new issues. If you're going to read this in the context of the rest of Scott Snyder's work, read this after Graveyard Shift but before Endgame.

Mindwipe

I appreciate the lull in Comixology's sales this week, after week after week of top shelf comics. Does Comixology typical participate in Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales? I can't remember.

Between the backlog and my now impending financial circumstance change I'm kinda glad for it too. I think I have enough to read until about February.

Between the backlog and my now impending financial circumstance change I'm kinda glad for it too. I think I have enough to read until about February.

Someone should create something like 'SteamLeft,' that calculates how many hours of reading time it would take to catch up on your unread Comixology library.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Aquaman wasn't cancelled, Bunn left because nobody liked what he'd done with it. His editor asked him to stay on despite the negative feedback to his first issue, and told him to ride it out for it bit. Nothing changed, it still received a ton of hate.

I couldn't find a source to confirm Doctor Fate's cancellation, but it's still on-going as far as January's solicitations. Supposedly Mystic U is still coming and Dark Universe was folded into Constantine: Hellblazer.

Have you read Doomed? The concept interested me, but I didn't trust Scott Lobdell's writing credits.

Foofaraw

Hey ComicGAF, I want to get rid of some trades, but don't feel like selling them individually. I'm looking for $10 to cover shipping for this lot.

One punch man Vol 1
Archer and Armstrong Vol 1
Bloodshot Vol 1
Harbinger Vol 1&2
Eternal Warrior Vol 1
100 Bullets Vol 1&2

Maybe something else, too. Just thinning out my bookshelf and thought someone on here might be interested. Sorry if this is totally not ok here. If you want to try out some Valiant, this isn't a horrible way to sample it.

Sandfox

Aquaman wasn't cancelled, Bunn left because nobody liked what he'd done with it. His editor asked him to stay on despite the negative feedback to his first issue, and told him to ride it out for it bit. Nothing changed, it still received a ton of hate.

Bunn was actually getting criticized before the first issue even came out and wanted to leave then.

Hagi

Saw Remender posted this awesome print Bengal has done for his books that they'll be selling at Thought Bubble next Saturday.

Definitely going to try and get one and get it signed.

None of these are canceled, though. Other than the last two, I have no idea what those are.

EDIT: Oh, and Gotham by Midnight. That one's canceled.

Hey ComicGAF, I want to get rid of some trades, but don't feel like selling them individually. I'm looking for $10 to cover shipping for this lot.

One punch man Vol 1
Archer and Armstrong Vol 1
Bloodshot Vol 1
Harbinger Vol 1&2
Eternal Warrior Vol 1
100 Bullets Vol 1&2

Maybe something else, too. Just thinning out my bookshelf and thought someone on here might be interested. Sorry if this is totally not ok here. If you want to try out some Valiant, this isn't a horrible way to sample it.

If I didn't own everything already, this would be a pretty stellar deal.

I usually find something in the most low key sales, but you're right, nothing for me this week either.

I'm pretty sure BF will have a big sale across multiple publishers.

I usually find something in the most low key sales, but you're right, nothing for me this week either.

Same. There's usually something every week that I have been eyeing, or that looks solid. Joe Hill's Road Rage has caught my interest this week, but I'm definitely going to hold back on the sales, until Black Friday.

On another note, what is the origin of your avatar?

Same. There's usually something every week that I have been eyeing, or that looks solid. Joe Hill's Road Rage has caught my interest this week, but I'm definitely going to hold back on the sales, until Black Friday.

Have you read these two? Pretty good fun.

https://www.comixology.com/Rocketeer-The-Spirit-Pulp-Friction/digital-comic/94589

https://www.comixology.com/The-Rocketeer-Cargo-of-Doom/digital-comic/39310

Shaanyboi

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ05sEmAhbQ&index=60&list=WL

Unpopular Spider-Man opinions.

I agree with a few of them.

Yeah there's a few in there I can stand by. Namely Spider-Man, who will undoubtedly be a major centerpiece in the MCU, kinda shouldn't be. Atleast not when he's so early in his career. I like Spidey as a top-tier street hero, not this emblematic example for being what a hero means etc. He should be saving people from weirdo supervillains on the streets of New York, not flying with the Avengers to go fight Dr. Doom or an alien threat or something. Even getting to just be in the same room as The Avengers should be like the biggest deal in the world for him. He isn't focusing on the "big picture" threats; he's saving individual civilians, stopping the stuff The Avengers never bother to go out and stop because it's just so beneath them.

Basically Spider-Man isn't interesting because he's Spider-Man. He's interesting because he's Peter Parker, and his guilt overrides his ability to claim any semblance of the average civilian life that he probably expected for so long. Spider-Man kinda robs him of that, but it also is this incredible outlet for him. It's that conflict that makes him so fascinating.

And now they're trying to push him away from that in the comics, and that's totally fine. They need to mix it up, they need to evolve it, and Peter can't stay an adolescent forever. But as far as the movies go, they're going to be playing up that struggling new hero angle, and I just hope they don't prop him up to be more than what he is in the world he inhabits. I mean, Captain America, Widow, and Falcon saved millions from being gunned down by Hydra gunships. Iron Man grabbed a nuclear missile aimed at New York and redirected it through a wormhole and sent it flying towards an alien mothership. Thor prevented multiple worlds from being simultaneously consumed by an eternal darkness unleashed by long-dormant space elves. Spider-Man? He beats up glorified bank-robbers and gangsters, and science experiments gone wrong. And that's awesome! That's totally fun. But I just hope they don't pull a Darth Vader and allow the awareness of the character's real-world popularity affect his standing in the fictional world, propping him up to be more special than Cap, or Iron Man, or Thor, etc.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Havent seen it because I am at work. but the dude seriously thinks that Spider-Man (not even a Marvel property) will be Centerpice of the MCU? o_O

Edit: What you claim is plainthrough wrong, Spidey dealt big world threatening menaces countless times before, from time to time even almost at his own and its completly ok when he works side by side with the Avengers in Avengers movies.

Messi

This print arrived today....LOOOOOOVEEEEE. I apologize for anyone stunned by me posting this smut, I hope I am not tricking any of you innocent folk into accidentally looking at bdsm smut.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Havent seen it because I am at work. but the dude seriously thinks that Spider-Man (not even a Marvel property) will be Centerpice of the MCU? o_O

Edit: What you claim is plainthrough wrong, Spidey dealt big world threatening menaces countless times before, from time to time even almost at his own and its completly ok when he works side by side with the Avengers in Avengers movies.

Marvel shoved everyone who wasn't already in early pre-production out of the way when they announced the new Spider-Man movie. The character is prominently featured in just about every single piece of non-MCU marketing. He is easily one of the highest-earning characters in all of superhero comics, if not all popular fiction. He is absolutely going to be a center-piece going forward.

And yes, Spider-Man has dealt with bigger shit. It's also where he's least dramatically interesting beyond providing quips. That's not where he shines.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvel shoved everyone who wasn't already in early pre-production out of the way when they announced the new Spider-Man movie. The character is prominently featured in just about every single piece of non-MCU marketing. He is easily one of the highest-earning characters in all of superhero comics, if not all popular fiction. He is absolutely going to be a center-piece going forward.
Like they did with Ant Man & The Wasp. Ant Man & The Wasp confirmed to be the centerpices of the MCU confirmed.

Sorry you are jumping to conclussion. They just thought it would fit there the best way and thats it.

He wont be the Centerpiece even while he will be most likely very prominent because he is Spider-Man. Why make something your centerpice, when you dont get 1$ from boxoffice. They dont even have 100% free creative freedom, Sony has final say on everything. It would be pretty stupid to build everything around a character you cant 100% rely on how things turn out in the end.

Like they did with Ant Man & The Wasp. Ant Man & The Wasp confirmed to be the centerpices of the MCU confirmed.

Sorry you are jumping to conclussion. They just thought it would fit there the best way and thats it.

He wont be the Centerpiece even while he will be most likely very prominent because he is Spider-Man. Why make something your centerpice, when you dont get 1$ from boxoffice. They dont even have 100% free creative freedom, Sony has final say on everything. It would be pretty stupid to build everything around a character you cant 100% rely on how things turn out in the end.

I'd argue Iron Man's still the centrepiece of the MCU but it's transitioning to Cap over time. It'll be interesting to see if Evans hangs around after Infinity War.

Bii

This print arrived today....LOOOOOOVEEEEE. I apologize for anyone stunned by me posting this smut, I hope I am not tricking any of you innocent folk into accidentally looking at bdsm smut.

I'm reminded that I still need to get Sunstone vol. 3.

I for one, am shocked.

That's actually awesome, and there should be a Christmas one.

We are never getting Mystic U and Dark Universe, are we?

DU was cancelled, Mystik U is unknown. I still think they had another launch planned (with Supergirl, possibly Shazam or w/e Johns & Frank secret project is) for October but pushed it back in the face of ANAD. Seems odd to have no Supergirl ongoing with the show just launching.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

LoL you have warped my fragile little mind!

Top Bottom