• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Messi

I'm reminded that I still need to get Sunstone vol. 3.

And 4 next month on the 23rd of Dec I think.

See Lisa
being a right dickhead to ally

I for one, am shocked.

That's actually awesome, and there should be a Christmas one.

I would looooove a Christmas print he draws a Christmas image each year. He should sell it

oooooooooh

Where did you get it?

He put it up as a print on deviantArt. Great quality.

I gotta say I really loved seeing his stuff in black and white in the Original Sin Deluxe Editions.
im being harsh i suppose. but im like 90% sure he doesnt actually draw his comics work anymore. his figures have little cartooning to them. they look like theyre cg models and his bgs look like theyre cg rendered. his bg lines have this really aliased look to them. you can have 3d backgrounds and make them work well but i dont think hes doing it right.

im being harsh i suppose. but im like 90% sure he doesnt actually draw his comics work anymore. his figures have little cartooning to them. they look like theyre cg models and his bgs look like theyre cg rendered. his bg lines have this really aliased look to them. you can have 3d backgrounds and make them work well but i dont think hes doing it right.

Oh yeah, EVERYTHING that's not a charac or something that doesn't have a straight line is pretty blatantly Google SketchUpd or whatever.

Read this yesterday.

Really interesting read. I didn't even think about how delays could affect shops like that.

It doesn't help when the delay is on the miniseries book pushing a literally line wide event and change to the status quo. Really, Marvel should have done everything possible to make sure this didn't happen.

It doesn't help when the delay is on the miniseries book pushing a literally line wide event and change to the status quo. Really, Marvel should have done everything possible to make sure this didn't happen.

I disagree with that very strongly as a reader. They clearly want to (or were forced to) maintain the creative vision throughout the book.

ElNarez

Banned
http://sktchd.com/longform/marvels-...entful-present-could-be-impacting-its-future/

good although limited look at how delays have impacting marvel right now

It makes good points, but I really feel the biggest problem ANAD is facing is that a) That whole "eight months later" compromise to not have to commit to a full reboot/relaunch is a terrible fucking idea that's not working and b) Diamond is still Diamond.

This whole market straight up cannot grow if it clings on to the fucking Diamond model because no teen on tumblr is gonna go through the outdated hoops of asking a retailer to pre-order books ever, no matter how good or how resonant those books get. Making people pre-order is hot garbage bullshit, and that's not how you get books into the hands of people who don't usually read them.

frye

I disagree with that very strongly as a reader. They clearly want to (or were forced to) maintain the creative vision throughout the book.

They wanted to have Ribic on for the whole series (which is admirable) but their early accelerated shipping and subsequent addition of a 9th issue were mistakes if they wanted the book to finish on time.

And I'm looking at this from the view of Marvel as a company. Letting your entire comic product be semi-derailed waiting on some part of the art process is, quite simply, ridiculous. This has the potential to hurt everyone that works at Marvel and sells Marvel comics, not just a single book.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Gotta say it's good to have Chew back. It's like the comic book version of Parks and Rec for me. With the exception of one issue it always leaves me in better mood than when I started.

ElNarez

Banned
They wanted to have Ribic on for the whole series (which is admirable) but their early accelerated shipping and subsequent addition of a 9th issue were mistakes if they wanted the book to finish on time.

which wouldn't have happened if Marvel weren't gaming the pre-order system

IT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT I TELLS YA

DIAMOND IS EVIL

IT'S EVIL AND BAAAAAD

which wouldn't have happened if Marvel weren't gaming the pre-order system

IT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT I TELLS YA

DIAMOND IS EVIL

IT'S EVIL AND BAAAAAD

Well sure, it's awful. And it's telling that the numbers that could actually be accurate, for a segment, on interest (the digital numbers) don't get released.

VanWinkle

I just had a quick look through of the Solo Deluxe Edition I got, and, man, I can tell this thing is going to be awesome. It's like small-omnibus size, too.

frye

Late period Deodato is an interesting artist (unlike early Deodato) but he's still not a very good one imo

Hahaha, I noticed it felt really light actually. Must be the paper, but it doesn't really feel that bad. Not real thick like The Planetary Omnibus or something, but like a decent trade or hardcover.

Yeah, the paper is different than the smooth glossy paper you normally see these days. When I first picked it up I thought it must be standard pulp, which you still see in rare, random cases, given how light it was, but it's something different on this and the New Frontier Deluxe Edition. It feels and looks like a high quality pulp or something, complete with being matte instead of glossy.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can someone explain me whats the deal is with Diamond etc? I always think its super confusing wimhen I look it up on Wikipedia

VanWinkle

Yeah, the paper is different than the smooth glossy paper you normally see these days. When I first picked it up I thought it must be standard pulp, which you still see in rare, random cases, given how light it was, but it's something different on this and the New Frontier Deluxe Edition. It feels and looks like a high quality pulp or something, complete with being matte instead of glossy.

Oh is the New Frontier paper like the paper in Solo? If it is, that takes away some of my worries.

Oh is the New Frontier paper like the paper in Solo? If it is, that takes away some of my worries.

I haven't checked too closely yet, but it sure seemed like it on very quick inspection. If you're worried about it then you can probably find somewhere online to confirm it.

VanWinkle

Finished Batman Vol 4 Zero Year. It was great. I had read the last two issues already, though, in DC Comics Zero Year. I will get on to Vol 5 soon, but I'm going to read Vol 1 of Thor God of Thunder first.

I haven't checked too closely yet, but it sure seemed like it on very quick inspection. If you're worried about it then you can probably find somewhere online to confirm it.

Well, I'm going to buy it anyway, but, if it's like the paper in Solo, then it's not nearly as bad as I feared it would be. I thought it would be like my League of Extraordinary Gentlemen paperback omnibus which is just standard pulpy paper that doesn't feel nice. I think the paper in Solo feels pretty good honestly.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

If you pay close attention, you'll see the ninth issue was actually more of a sneaky tactic to mask the delays. The final two issues were supposed to be double-sized, after the announcement of issue nine the page counts of issue seven and eight were more in line with normal issue length. I haven't done the exact math, but in the grand scale of things the new issue may only add eight pages or so.

Messi

Not everone can have a good taste like me :p

Seriously, my only problem is that his woman have to big boobs and his males are all to muscular.

olivia-munn-gif-28.gif

Just wrapped up the first arc of Doom Patrol, and I'm seriously impressed. A very bizarre concept handled more adroitly than I was expecting. Going in, I was worried that it'd fly over my head, but it's not confusing, merely... strange. In a very good sort of way, mind. Orqwith was a cool concept. The character writing is a real standout too.

frye

If you pay close attention, you'll see the ninth issue was actually more of a sneaky tactic to mask the delays. The final two issues were supposed to be double-sized, after the announcement of issue nine the page counts of issue seven and eight were more in line with normal issue length. I haven't done the exact math, but in the grand scale of things the new issue may only add eight pages or so.

Yeah, that makes sense actually. I'm not keeping up with it at all but it did strike me a bit weird that Jonathan "Meticulous" Hickman didn't have everything planned to the panel.

Cheska

I got my Batwoman bombshell in today, and she's a mess :( easily the worst paint job application out of all of them. Super disappointed, and what makes it worse is I'm not sure returning her and getting another one will solve the problem. According to multiple reports online, it seems to be a widespread issue ;_;

I got my Batwoman bombshell in today, and she's a mess :( easily the worst paint job application out of all of them. Super disappointed, and what makes it worse is I'm not sure returning her and getting another one will solve the problem. According to multiple reports online, it seems to be a widespread issue ;_;

Sorry to hear that.

Now I'm unreasonably paranoid about my Hawkgirl statue on Friday...

I tried telling you all.

MG310

:( Wonder if I should cancel her from BBTS and try Amazon since it'll be easier to return.

Looking at the few auctions on Ebay that have pictures of it unboxed...is it mostly the red belt/trim on the jersey that's the problem?

If it's bad enough the solution may just be seeing if you can return it for a refund or credit.

Top Bottom