• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Squire

Banned
Oh my bad it's just rumored. Imma fix that post...

It's not though. DD showrunner said they did want Claire to be NN, but they had to leave that specific character on the table for the MCU films.

I don't know if NN is in Dr. Strange, but it's not Claire, regardless.

Seven Soldiers is soooooo good. Halfway or so through Vol 1.

Also heard someone at Uni today talking about some Marvel villains and mentioning that 1) Galactus could beat anyone and 2) Dr Doom was a terrible villain who had never done anything of note.

It's not though. DD showrunner said they did want Claire to be NN, but they had to leave that specific character on the table for the MCU films.

Well, I can't fix it again. Now I'll just look like a flip-flopper

Seven Soldiers is soooooo good. Halfway or so through Vol 1.

Also heard someone at Uni today talking about some Marvel villains and mentioning that 1) Galactus could beat anyone and 2) Dr Doom was a terrible villain who had never done anything of note.

OT comics threads have escaped into the real world...

Clearly the only solution is to burn everything.

(And yes, Seven Soldiers is legit, though I did lose track of events towards the end.)

Owzers

digital comic black friday/cyber funday purchases so far:

Ladykiller vol 1 for Team Messi
Ghost Fleet vol 1 for Team Launchpad
Archie vs Predator for Team Predator.

Note: Do not tell people you are on Team Predator.

Messi

That's depressing

Where are Slayven and Manmademan?

I picked 2 people from serious comicgaf and two from hijinks club to represent the two sides of comicgaf as it exists today.

digital comic black friday/cyber funday purchases so far:

Ladykiller vol 1 for Team Messi
Ghost Fleet vol 1 for Team Launchpad
Archie vs Predator for Team Predator.

Note: Do not tell people you are on Team Predator.

You did good Sillymonkeys.

tim1138

Is Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia not available on Comixology in any form? Seen it recommended.

Sadly that's currently not available in any format. DC is reprinting Rucka's other Wonder Woman stuff next year, so there's a chance it may see the light of day again.

Slayven

That's depressing

Where are Slayven and Manmademan?

They are just spare ComicGAFFers, like when every Avenger would be down and they would call Speedball and D-Man
You talking shit but you are Stingray
1528344-sub_mariner_46_13.jpg

Someone is disrespectful to Black Panther

I hope Marvel does him justice so i can drink nerd tears

Slayven

I actually always remember Stingray when trying to name as many Avengers as I can, solely thanks to Armor Wars.

His big moment was crying after getting worked by Tony Stark. Tells you how much Stark had lost it when he didn't realize he would never build such bullshit.

GAF jail is no joke. Don't do drugs.

Miami Vice Remix has convinced me that Jim Mahfood is a straight up madman with his art. Comics need more of him.

I hope Marvel does him justice so i can drink nerd tears

I honestly don't think I can sum up the anger of people who have no idea who Black Panther is, reacting to him wrecking everyone on screen.

I also can't sum up the anger of myself should Red Hulk ever make it to screen. Or Vulcan.

Slayven

I honestly don't think I can sum up the anger of people who have no idea who Black Panther is, reacting to him wrecking everyone on screen.

I also can't sum up the anger of myself should Red Hulk ever make it to screen. Or Vulcan.

I think you would end up laughing at a Fox done Vulcan

Read All New Wolverine 1 and 2. I like Laura. Her relationship with Warren is a fun part of the book.. Watching them work together. Well, watching him
take orders from her and fly her around, basically.
I don't usually love stories that heavily involve military troop types, but the plot does feel Wolverine-y. And, damn, Laura looks so good in the costume.

Messi

Read All New Wolverine 1 and 2. I like Laura. Her relationship with Warren is a fun part of the book.. Watching them work together. Well, watching him
take orders from her and fly her around, basically.
I don't usually love stories that heavily involve military troop types, but the plot does feel Wolverine-y. And, damn, Laura looks so good in the costume.

Damn straight.

Loving this book.

VanWinkle

Are ALL DC titles over 90 days old eligible for the B1G1 sale, or just the select ones on the B1G1 page?

Also, is Gotham by Midnight good?

VanWinkle

Bought 20 more issues of Gotham Adventures for $9.90. Man, what a good deal. I might buy some more, but I don't know. I can't think of anything that I can't or won't buy in trade/hc form that I'll get here.

Tomita

Ugh whhhhhy.

This is why I've been ignoring news on
Doctor Strange
for the most part. :/ Keep doing stupid shit.
No I don't like Benadryl Cumberbitch playing Strange, sue me.

Are calenders filled with chocolade that count down to christmas and are printed (most likely) with christmas motives a thing in america and great brittain?

I think in the US it's more of a family thing where people only bother if they have kids. But my family never did it, so I dunno. They had one in the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie, though! What's more American than that?
Don't hate me.

I don't have any time to check out these comic sales and it makes me sad. ): I need to catch up on Lois and Clark, and can't check if my LCS has extra copies lying around until maaaybe Wednesday. Oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just learned that Oliver being Mayor of Star City was totally a actual comic thing and not just something the show runners pulled out of their asses. It was such a ridiculous idea that I assumed they made it up.

huh, maybe I should give them more credit

Top Bottom