• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Sooner or later we all give up on comics and become figure-gaf

Truth.

Although I'm still plowing through Ex Machina at a steady rate, finishing about one TPB every day. It's pretty standard BKV, AKA it's easy reading and it's entertaining. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I really really liked Batman & Robin #18. So went back to read Morrison's Batman Inc.
Some really great comics. And Batman Inc #8 to Batman #18 is such a seamless and effective transition.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I really really liked Batman & Robin #18. So went back to read Morrison's Batman Inc.
Some really great comics. And Batman Inc #8 to Batman #18 is such a seamless and effective transition.

I still need to reread Batman Inc. It's one of my all-time favorites and I have it in Absolute Edition and I still haven't reread it. Shameful.

Zombine

Banned
iZombie-SDCC2015.jpg

Want sooo bad.

Owzers

Guys what are your favorite ship dates in comics history?

there are so many i can't pick one, so help me

I get my dcbs orders shipped on the first week now so i can get my Batwoman Statue that is totally still coming out tmw next week. I prefer comics to ship on the first wednesday of the month or the last.

I don't think that comics set in a universal continuity benefit from heavy delays, especially the event book where the relaunch that is supposed to follow happens half a year earlier. Secret Wars isn't a masterpiece of storytelling.

Hagi

I first started reading Spider-man when they were triple shipping Brand New Day and honestly that was a great time.

Owzers

Speaking of double shipping, why does Comics-Gaf only have one OT per month when we could push out two. If Spike is busy and can't keep up with the new schedule, i can definitely fill-in and maybe takeover both sometime.

Sooner or later we all give up on comics and become figure-gaf

I haven't bought anything for awhile. I'm hoping Marvel Collector Corps offers the Secret Wars box again because I want New Thor so badly.

I went into my local games shop today and saw that the Lego Dimensions starter pack is €150 and the expansions are €45 each. I love Lego but FUCK. THAT.

Hagi

I haven't bought anything for awhile. I'm hoping Marvel Collector Corps offers the Secret Wars box again because I want New Thor so badly.

I went into my local games shop today and saw that the Lego Dimensions starter pack is €150 and the expansions are €45 each. I love Lego but FUCK. THAT.

It's ridiculously expensive, the prices for those packs are a bit of a joke as well for the content they apparently bring. Nearly £30 per "team" pack on amazon. I'll stick to Disney Infinity 3.0 I think, the Clone Wars playset has been fun and the figures I have are great.

VanWinkle

This is weird. I just got the Planetary omnibus in, and I've watched videos on it that showed that it has a binding that sticks to the spine and ends up with a lot of gutter loss. So I was surprised when I opened up my new copy and it showed a great sewn binding with zero gutter loss.

I wonder if DC has updated the binding on it, or I just have some weird fluke.

This is weird. I just got the Planetary omnibus in, and I've watched videos on it that showed that it has a binding that sticks to the spine and ends up with a lot of gutter loss. So I was surprised when I opened up my new copy and it showed a great sewn binding with zero gutter loss.

I wonder if DC has updated the binding on it, or I just have some weird fluke.

Mine is sewn. Not sure if it's a different printing or what.

Personally, I'm more excited for the last BoD issue were we can see if Gilad manages to keep this short run going and not be a complete and utter failure at his job again.

I honestly think he's going to just fail miserably and then the Earth gets so mad it jettisons him into outer space.

I'm excited for the conclusion, but this tie-in is the only one that has me hyped beyond all imagination.

I honestly think he's going to just fail miserably and then the Earth gets so mad it jettisons him into outer space.

I'm excited for the conclusion, but this tie-in is the only one that has me hyped beyond all imagination.

And that's why he ends up angry and in space? That's...probably about as reasonable as most of the rest of the stuff around him.

And fair enough. "Whatever Happened to the Harbingers of Tomorrow?" certainly has a lot of potential to be very interesting from what we've seen.

Gilad has to be the butt of every "you had one job" joke.

However, he gets major props for laying the smack down on Unity.

He basically pulled a hardcorpse Batman on them.

VanWinkle

May of this year, I think.

Very interesting.

Here's a screen cap from a video showing the binding (around August '14):
Capture1.png

And here's mine:
capture2.png

Looks like the updated it sometime this year. Well, that's pretty awesome! I wasn't expecting that because the book itself looks the exact same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom