• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Seeing that Hellboy picture up there - is there a good way to follow up the two Hellboy movies and the animated flicks in comic form?
I found the setting and style fascinating and want to know, how the storyline with him bringing on the end of the world concludes.
As stated, the two are in separate universes. That being said, if you want to follow Hellboy's story then the Library Editions are the easiest way to read through it. I'd also suggest Hellboy and the BPRD 1952 which is about Hellboy's first adventure with the team. It's very accessible and it's only a single trade.
So yesterday I got up at 4am for an eighteen hour workday, may have had my marriage end, and re-read Age of Ultron.

Hard call on which was worse.

Sorry to hear that.

Birdie looks like Superman. Interesting

I was worried, I only shaved my beard the night before. I had no idea if I'd be able to pull it off.

Funny bonus for the Real Comics Hedz.

The whole night when people were like "Omg you shaved your beard" and I'd be like "Well, you know, gotta look like Superman" but in my head I was like "Well, actually there is a Superman with a beard but he's - you know what - never mind."

I was worried, I only shaved my beard the night before. I had no idea if I'd be able to pull it off.

The whole night when people were like "Omg you shaved your beard" and I'd be like "Well, you know, gotta look like Superman" but in my head I was like "Well, actually there is a Superman with a beard but he's - you know what - never mind."

You coulda gone as Superman that one time he traveled to the future and made a chariot out of a cadillac.

Messi

Amazing lol

deleted

The movie's follow their own thing...so you're not going to get any sort of conclusion to GDT's story. Best to just read the books and start with Library vol 1.

The movies and animated features are their own continuity. The books are their own continuity as well.
For a reading order, just read all of Hellboy then go into BPRD :)

As stated, the two are in separate universes. That being said, if you want to follow Hellboy's story then the Library Editions are the easiest way to read through it. I'd also suggest Hellboy and the BPRD 1952 which is about Hellboy's first adventure with the team. It's very accessible and it's only a single trade.

Thanks guys, I might just do that. How's the quality of the writing?

It's good but the art could use some work.

giphy.gif

Boogiepop

This would've made a totally awesome costume, though...
hYkzAkHdmvSRPX4ja5MeADo1S00w4S19PoXDkFFZBQhj9BDBVXTR3eahJoBnivnu3xfG3LE5OOf_Fmu8iP6_vfwzZlVMiKGtO_o3kH8j4DHDmDzHjCIqa30lBWuIokbD04gZSgo

deleted

The Paybacks #1&2

This easily shot up to being one of my favorite current series. Absolutely hilarious in a vein very similar to Nextwave. Brilliant art. Some real intrigue following the second issue. Enjoying this a lot.

Owzers

The Paybacks #1&2

This easily shot up to being one of my favorite current series. Absolutely hilarious in a vein very similar to Nextwave. Brilliant art. Some real intrigue following the second issue. Enjoying this a lot.

i was worried that was a Valiant book but it's dark horse, safe to read.

I have the empire harley cover as my ipad wallpaper, it gives me the feel of belonging to comics-gaf without having to actually read comics.

You want to read a story just to know how someone got a makeover? :p
I would say that it is like reading the pre-Morrison issues of Doom Patrol to know what the deal is with their comatose teammate, but prob. that story is good and worth reading for more than that, but I don't even know wtf bLACK vortex is :V
Angel, Iceman, and Cyclops (all the O5) got power-ups as well. So yeah, I wanna know.
The movie's follow their own thing...so you're not going to get any sort of conclusion to GDT's story. Best to just read the books and start with Library vol 1.
It's what I did. Just read all the Library Editions, which collects all of the regular Hellboy series, which means Hellboy in Hell is the direct follow-up.
Hellboy is fantastic. It and BPRD are some of my favorite comics. If you like mythology and folklore stories you'll love it.

And Cthulu prophecy mind games.

Fucking Cthulu.

I saw someone describe it as bad fan fiction the other day. You just can't help some people.

I started to read it and realized something was missing. Of course Vader's (JE Jones) voice is iconic and engrained into fans memories, but even then, I was struggling to read it with the great authority of his voice. So I watched some YouTube videos of Vader and started reading it again, knowing what words he would emphasize, when to pause and how to pace the dialog and it's just awesome and immersive doing that.

Rumor has it the solo Batman movie is going to be based on Under the Red Hood.

Fuck yeah.

jason joker confirmed

I still find it hard to believe anyone would have the details on a script that may not even exist yet since the movie isn't even slotted or officially acknowledged (beyond a small remark at last year's WB investor's call). Hope we get an adjusted slate next week.

Top Bottom