• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is Larroca Star Wars Greg Land or something?

He's worse and his colorist is also awful.
OEOXYpZ.png

The colorist loves doing this horrible airbrush thing to the faces he traces, which makes them look all lumpy and disgusting and then does the most dull coloring to everyone else. The penciling is constantly going between two styles, the ones he can traces and the ones he can't, and the colorist does the same shit. It's two terrible art styles being merged into just god awfulness.

I'm pretty sure I've made, like, 100 posts bitching about these guys but I will never stop. I HATE IT SO MUCH

[edit]
yUOcJZy.png

He couldn't trace Harrison Ford's hair here so you can see how offstyle it is compared to the face.

Guys, what's good in this Oni sale outside of Scott Pilgrim. I'm not really familiar with their stuff.

The Sixth Gun was a great ongoing, good if you like Supernatural or pulpy stuff. The Damned is off to. A good start too. Petrograd is a fantastic OGN. I read all of Wasteland, which has some seriously great stuff but also a really rough volume or two. Wasn't that bothered by Stumptown and the outrageously priced trades but maybe it's better at the low price.

mreddie

It's almost like comics aren't that important to Marvel anymore now that they've got the MCU and are owned by Disney. That IP alone will set them up for life.

The thing is the books did matter around 2011-2015, this year has been a blunder and Axel and Co. do not care.

By that logic, WB and DC should not care about books either.

Vic_Viper

The thing is the books did matter around 2011-2015, this year has been a blunder and Axel and Co. do not care.

By that logic, WB and DC should not care about books either.

Obviously it was just sarcasm. Marvel just doesn't seem to think they are doing anything wrong.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Obviously it was just sarcasm. Marvel just doesn't seem to think they are doing anything wrong.

Of course they are aware. They look at the sales and at the opinions in the Internet.

They just act as if everything is ok because it would be a PR nightmare if they admit that they shit the fan right now.

OEOXYpZ.png

The colorist loves doing this horrible airbrush thing to the faces he traces, which makes them look all lumpy and disgusting and then does the most dull coloring to everyone else. The penciling is constantly going between two styles, the ones he can traces and the ones he can't, and the colorist does the same shit. It's two terrible art styles being merged into just god awfulness.

I'm pretty sure I've made, like, 100 posts bitching about these guys but I will never stop. I HATE IT SO MUCH

[edit]
yUOcJZy.png

He couldn't trace Harrison Ford's hair here so you can see how offstyle it is compared to the face.
Larroca and Delgado are an art team from hell. Star wars deserves better.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
OEOXYpZ.png

[edit]
yUOcJZy.png

ew this is hideous

Malyse

Of course they are aware. They look at the sales and at the opinions in the Internet.

They just act as if everything is ok because it would be a PR nightmare if they admit that they shit the fan right now.

We're just gonna ignore this incredible turn of phrase?

Boogiepop

Okay, someone help me out with this:
The Goon on Comixology.

Thinking of grabbing this series finally via the linewide sale for Dark Horse. I'm noticing that it seems like it'd be noticeably cheaper to grab all the single issues versus the collections. Would that get me everything, or would I be missing significant content?

Also again want to repeat the question: Have any particularly standout new Image series started in the last year that I should look into?

Guys, what's good in this Oni sale outside of Scott Pilgrim. I'm not really familiar with their stuff.

Also, what good Image series have popped up in the past year? Stopped following this thread a while back, and in turn fell off keeping up with Image's newer slate of stuff, even if I'm already familiar with their "older" stuff.
Queen & Country is a must buy. Not many books like it. A great spy story read

So Dawnbreaker...help me break down the metaphysics of this:

Bruce Wayne overwhelms his ring allowing him to kill, and also corrupts it with Black. He claims that his will and his "void" both power the ring.

Here's what we know about rings:

We know Black Hand, who was chosen as the first Black Lantern, was described by Atrocitus as being a void. There was nothing inside of him. He was empty. All he was obsessed with was death. We know Black is powered by death, or rather the absence of light.

We know that the limitations on Green could be overpowered on multiple occasions: Hal killed the entire Corps; Sinestro has broken multiple rings with his will; Simon Baz willed his bro-in-law out of a coma. Really, it's not the first time that we've seen any ring's limitations be overcome.

Rankorr could make Red constructs and overpowered the Red influence; Supergirl got rid of her Red simply by "letting go" of her anger; Sinestro manipulated Saint Walker in a way that allowed Blues to overclock Yellows as well as Greens; In the Future's End issue of Red Lanterns, Guy Gardner could make Blue constructs without a Green ring; Carol Ferris resisted the Star Sapphire influence. I'm sure there were other instances.

This is also not the first time that Black has been overpowered by will alone. Hal killed himself in order to will himself into becoming a Black Lantern, summoning and Nekron and using him to decapitate Volthoom. There was also the Black Lantern invasion, where Waller killed a squad of Black Lanterns using the remaining charge in a Manhunter.

So yeah, it's not really anything new, and at least it is creative.

The whole Blackout thing is super cool. Eldritch as fuck. Also something very interesting is how all of these powers are two things merged together: Red Death is Bruce and Barry fused together; Murder Machine is Bruce and "Alfred"; Dawnbreaker is both Green and Black.

The Drowned is going to be Xebel and Atlantis probably(Mera’s powers and Arthur’s trident).

Inferior Five art.

Edit:
Didio says that it's all about right creator, right character, right time.

-

Len Wein's last script will be printed in the near future.

His Kamandi will make me really sad.

Edit:
Snyder said the last cover of Metal will be Batman riding a dragon Joker with Superman and Wonder Woman behind him that gives the imagery of a rock concert.

There was a cover with Batman killing a dragon Joker during Endgame, right?

VeeP

I could have sworn it was the Batman Future's End issue. He breaks into LexCorp to get something that will allow him to perfect his Bat clones. Despite Alfred telling him to just let it all go, since the Bat Family exists and they won't need him anymore. He can't let go though.

It was both. The Future's End issue basically was about Batman stealing a solution to help perfect his clones.

The Detective Comics issue took place YEARS later, and basically it explains how Bruce made it so every certain amount of years later, a Clone will be made to take up the mantle of Batman.

That JL trailer! Why am I getting hyped. Why do I keep doing this to myself.

Except for Naruto jutsu Flash. What is he doing...

Nothing wrong with enjoying shit.

Aztek joining JLA!

This is the good stuff.

This is the better stuff.

And Sony.

They take it in turns.
Its Sony's turn at the moment.

Bingo. Once you understand the industry like that, all makes sense.

those Star Wars panels.... what the fuck... who allowed this...

Also, what good Image series have popped up in the past year? Stopped following this thread a while back, and in turn fell off keeping up with Image's newer slate of stuff, even if I'm already familiar with their "older" stuff.

I really liked the first volume of The Auteur. It's fuckin wild. Bit crass but I found it really funny and even smart at times.

In terms of recent Image books, Scales & Scoundrels is a good one that just started last month.

Messi

I was in the Dark Horse booth at nycc when they announced it was 50% off everything. Library editions, Empowered deluxe 3...goon everything. It was quite something to see. I bought empowered deluxe 3 for 30. If I had more space I'd have gotten goon.

I was in the Dark Horse booth at nycc when they announced it was 50% off everything. Library editions, Empowered deluxe 3...goon everything. It was quite something to see. I bought empowered deluxe 3 for 30. If I had more space I'd have gotten goon.

yeah i remember when Dark Horse did Wondercon, they always had the best "last day of con" deals like that

Meh. It was a good series, but that old-ass animation and 4:3 aspect ratio? I'm not going to bother.

Thought so as well but this helped convince me:
Yes, every episode was shot on 24fps 35mm film. This will not be upscaled from the SD DVDs or the component analog video broadcast transfers (which is what the DVDs actually were produced from)!

This is a miracle come true. I honestly thought it could be another five years before this happened.

Sandfox

Now that we know the Inhumans Resurrxion stuff is being wrapped up in January, I wonder what will happen with the characters and creators.

mreddie

Yep, seems like they know the push ended with Inhumass and likely ends BB, SW and Royals and likely merge them into Inhumans again.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Anyone have any idea when Invisible Republic will return?

Kaijumax! And Queen & Country and Stumptown.

Whiteout? That's a Rucka series I still haven't read.

Top Bottom