• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Vic_Viper

looks like Syfy of all places has ordered the pilot for Remender's Deadly Class. That doesnt look like a very good sign for the show unless they are willing to put a ton of money and energy into making the show. It should have been an instant sell with the Russos producing imo.

Also looks like ABC wanted to cancel Agents of Shield (to the surprise of noone) but Disney stepped in and forced them to continue lol. I thought last season was the best one yet but they have a lot of work to do. Wonder if that finale reveal is hinting at the introduction of
S.W.O.R.D

looks like Syfy of all places has ordered the pilot for Remender's Deadly Class. That doesnt look like a very good sign for the show unless they are willing to put a ton of money and energy into making the show. It should have been an instant sell with the Russos producing imo. [

Syfy has had a few decent shows recently. But I wouldn't hold high hopes for this. Comics don't always translate so well into live-action.

Vic_Viper

Syfy has had a few decent shows recently. But I wouldn't hold high hopes for this. Comics don't always translate so well into live-action.

I have high hopes for Happy! since it seems like a limited series, but Syfy just doesnt seem to be the right fit for Deadly Class. Now if it was Low or Black Science I could totally see it working for them but Deadly Class should have been an AMC or HBO series imo.

I have high hopes for Happy! since it seems like a limited series, but Syfy just doesnt seem to be the right fit for Deadly Class. Now if it was Low or Black Science I could totally see it working for them but Deadly Class should have been an AMC or HBO series imo.

I judge Syfy to have a different standard of success than most networks, because even their more successful shows haven't seem to have clawed their way beyond cult status since Battlestar Galactica. I feel like BSG was the last show to have real mainstream appeal.

Malyse

https://youtu.be/injc6wELp2A

So I think I'm going to watch all of Justice League Action.
looks like Syfy of all places has ordered the pilot for Remender's Deadly Class. That doesnt look like a very good sign for the show unless they are willing to put a ton of money and energy into making the show. It should have been an instant sell with the Russos producing imo.

Also looks like ABC wanted to cancel Agents of Shield (to the surprise of noone) but Disney stepped in and forced them to continue lol. I thought last season was the best one yet but they have a lot of work to do. Wonder if that finale reveal is hinting at the introduction of
S.W.O.R.D

Legally can't use it. Or
Abigail Brand

Comichron: How Legacy Numbering Has Changed Over Time
legacychartgtumq.jpg

mreddie

S.W.O.R.D

I'm sure ABC will use Inhumazz as ammo to can SHIELD.

But they need shows now that Shonda jumped to Netflix.

Malyse

Oh. I keep forgetting that Boom usually does four issue runs and I accident and get attached to comics that with end far too soon.

Ladycastle
Mega Princess
Hi-Fi Fight Club.

:(

Hard to get to issue #100 when you keep renumbering your book every 8 months.

Looks like you need to paint the bottom of her lip.

It's fine. Look again. What you're seeing is the part under the lip that curves down into the recess between the bottom lip and the chin.

Legacy was ok. Just ok. It's basically a Point One issue.

I actually enjoyed Legacy. Which is shocking to me. Need more
OG Avengers
, though.

Megatron

Ugh. I'm finally reading through my Walter Simonson Thor graphic novels. I have the whole set, but picked them up at different times, so they are different printings. It was already annoying that the spines didn't all match, but I got to the end of book 2 which ends with 355 and started book 3 which starts at 360! Argh! So now a dilemma. Do I just buy the missing 3 issues via digital? (I say 3 because 256 is a fill in issue starring Hercules, not by Simonson and isn't included in any of the collections anyway) or do I try to find the right graphic novels with the bits I am missing? But going that route forces me into repetition, basically I would have two volume 3's on my shelf and both would contain issues not found in any other volume. Or I could go with the nuclear option and replace the whole collection, and sell the old books so I have them all in one place and the spines all match. I'm tempted to go that route and just wait for the next buy 2 get 1 free sale at Barnes and noble, but I am specifically reading these to prepare for Thor: Ragnorok.

VanWinkle

Ugh. I'm finally reading through my Walter Simonson Thor graphic novels. I have the whole set, but picked them up at different times, so they are different printings. It was already annoying that the spines didn't all match, but I got to the end of book 2 which ends with 355 and started book 3 which starts at 360! Argh! So now a dilemma. Do I just buy the missing 3 issues via digital? (I say 3 because 256 is a fill in issue starring Hercules, not by Simonson and isn't included in any of the collections anyway) or do I try to find the right graphic novels with the bits I am missing? But going that route forces me into repetition, basically I would have two volume 3's on my shelf and both would contain issues not found in any other volume. Or I could go with the nuclear option and replace the whole collection, and sell the old books so I have them all in one place and the spines all match. I'm tempted to go that route and just wait for the next buy 2 get 1 free sale at Barnes and noble, but I am specifically reading these to prepare for Thor: Ragnorok.

Should'a got the upcoming omnibus reprint, brah

Megatron

Should'a got the upcoming omnibus reprint, brah

Well, I bought these years ago. But yes, I am considering it. I actually don't have all the volumes like I thought, just the first four. I'm not sure about the omnibus though. They're so expensive and a cumbersome way to read.

So X-Men Blue #12:
So we know the cloning and mutation-altering experiments are coming from Ms. Sinister, right? Okay, so, Jimmy is from the Ultimate universe for sure. Were the Marauders? Like, were they really? We don't know how far Ms. Sinister's experimenrs go. Jimmy says this is his fault. Could she possibly have somehow cloned 1610 mutants using Jimmy's DNA?
Might as well wish the wind to stop a-blowing
Wish you to stop a-blowing
Facepalm, it just struck me why Red Death has "double" speech bubbles in Metal:
there are two people in there.
How did you not pick up on that?
At one point one of the bubbles specifically addresses Bruce.

Oh my god, Metal is straight up aping Trinity War/Forever Evil.
Evil alternate team showing up after one hero goes over the top with ancient artifact. Cyborg is immediately taken out and mutilated.

Oh it's so good.

SOOOO good.

These Dark Batmen are amazing. Straight up horror stories.

I usually avoid event tie-ins like the plague, but these one-shots are brilliant origin stories. And I loved how
it looked like Cyborg might scrape out a win until that giant fist came out of nowhere

Ross61

Metal consist of Dark Days, Metal, the Dark Multiverse Batman one-shots, Gotham Resistance, Bats Out of Hell, Batman Lost, and Hawkman found. Don't know if all that's gonna be collected in one trade.

Messi

Metal consist of Dark Days, Metal, the Dark Multiverse Batman one-shots, Gotham Resistance, Bats Out of Hell, Batman Lost, and Hawkman found. Don't know if all that's gonna be collected in one trade.

I'd guess Metal, Dark Days and the dark Multiverse books will make up the main hardcover, the rest in a backup book like the Joker death of the family book.

Metal plus one shots = 16 books (one HC)
Gotham Resistance plus Bats out of Hell = 8 books (one TPB)

Not sure about Hawkman.

Metal and the Dark Multiverse one-shots will make it in for sure.

LEGACY WAS SO COOL

GUYS

GUYS

SPACE TRUCKER LOGAN

I DON'T CARE THAT I SAID ALL THAT SHIT BEFORE ABOUT NOT WANTING HIM

SPACE TRUCKER LOGAN

FUCKING RIGHTEOUS

AND THAT SCENE WITH BEN AND JOHNNY ON TOP OF THE BAXTER BUILDING.

LIKE OH MY GOD

Also that Starbrand can't be the same one from Hickman's run and the Starbrand and Nightmask series, right?

As excited as this makes me, I have to say that I agree with Tim and EINarez. This isn't nearly as groundbreaking, and I think a huge part of that is because Rebirth literally altered DCU continuity and was treated as a huge deal. It officially brought Watchmen in, and not in some corny "oh this will surely go somewhere maybe" kind of way, but in a "HOLY SHIT THEY DID WHAT" kind of way. This also applies to them bringing back Wally, and sowing the seeds for future stories with the JSA and LoSH. I don't think that Marvel could ever do something like that though, because they've never really had massive continuity altering and referencing events. Hickman's Secret Wars did that I suppose. Age of Ultron could have been that. But mostly, Marvel's events have always been "status quo shake-up and move on," constantly moving forward. Which is great in its own sense, but when you've been around for decades, you have to turn around and go "well look at all that shit we did." Legacy is the first time, I think, that they've really done that though, and that's what got me excited.

I also want to point out that, the way I see it, the idea of Legacy falls apart with the big thing in this issue that's sort of been over looked:
SHIELD falling apart. So this book is a nod at things to come, which involves characters returning to their roles. Coming back, in a way, to their core roles. More specifically, the ones that have been killed/screwed over since Marvel NOW. So, wouldn't SHIELD being under the command of Nick Fury, or at least Fury Jr., be a part of that? A "return to form" of sorts? I disliked that this issue felt the need to set up individual storylines. Sure Cap is fine, but one that bugged me was Doctor Strange. Having Norman Osborn try to invade the Sanctum Sanctorum as a part of this issue seems out of place given what's happening. Setting up 1000000 BC Avengers, and then bringing in this outside element that's clearly just made for Strange's book. I'm also very worried about the expansion of Wakanda, though it's certainly a cool idea. Also, weirdly enough, the bit with Stark excited me.

error4041

The scene with Deadpool
Letting himself get shot in the bathroom stall being depressed as shit
was probably my favorite part of Legacy. I'm super excited to see more about
The weird celestial and Logan with an Infinity Stone. I'm also glad Robbie Reyes isn't being forgotten yet

Now that I think about, I would love a super-gory
Logan/Wolverine
book from Aaron and Ribic, something like their God Butcher arc but more grounded

Sandfox

LEGACY WAS SO COOL

GUYS

GUYS

SPACE TRUCKER LOGAN

I DON'T CARE THAT I SAID ALL THAT SHIT BEFORE ABOUT NOT WANTING HIM

SPACE TRUCKER LOGAN

FUCKING RIGHTEOUS

AND THAT SCENE WITH BEN AND JOHNNY ON TOP OF THE BAXTER BUILDING.

LIKE OH MY GOD

Also that Starbrand can't be the same one from Hickman's run and the Starbrand and Nightmask series, right?

As excited as this makes me, I have to say that I agree with Tim and EINarez. This isn't nearly as groundbreaking, and I think a huge part of that is because Rebirth literally altered DCU continuity and was treated as a huge deal. It officially brought Watchmen in, and not in some corny "oh this will surely go somewhere maybe" kind of way, but in a "HOLY SHIT THEY DID WHAT" kind of way. This also applies to them bringing back Wally, and sowing the seeds for future stories with the JSA and LoSH. I don't think that Marvel could ever do something like that though, because they've never really had massive continuity altering and referencing events. Hickman's Secret Wars did that I suppose. Age of Ultron could have been that. But mostly, Marvel's events have always been "status quo shake-up and move on," constantly moving forward. Which is great in its own sense, but when you've been around for decades, you have to turn around and go "well look at all that shit we did." Legacy is the first time, I think, that they've really done that though, and that's what got me excited.

I also want to point out that, the way I see it, the idea of Legacy falls apart with the big thing in this issue that's sort of been over looked:
SHIELD falling apart. So this book is a nod at things to come, which involves characters returning to their roles. Coming back, in a way, to their core roles. More specifically, the ones that have been killed/screwed over since Marvel NOW. So, wouldn't SHIELD being under the command of Nick Fury, or at least Fury Jr., be a part of that? A "return to form" of sorts? I disliked that this issue felt the need to set up individual storylines. Sure Cap is fine, but one that bugged me was Doctor Strange. Having Norman Osborn try to invade the Sanctum Sanctorum as a part of this issue seems out of place given what's happening. Setting up 1000000 BC Avengers, and then bringing in this outside element that's clearly just made for Strange's book. I'm also very worried about the expansion of Wakanda, though it's certainly a cool idea. Also, weirdly enough, the bit with Stark excited me.

The Osborn stuff is for ASM building on something that happened in the latest issue. Strange will be dealing with Loki during Legacy.

So, how long has
Black Panther had his own planet

Probably since
he used the Reality Gem and sent Wakanda ships into space at the end of Secret Wars.

Oh my god, Metal is straight up aping Trinity War/Forever Evil.
Evil alternate team showing up after one hero goes over the top with ancient artifact. Cyborg is immediately taken out and mutilated.

I thought I was the only one who noticed. (No, I did not.)

The scene with Deadpool
Letting himself get shot in the bathroom stall being depressed as shit
was probably my favorite part of Legacy. I'm super excited to see more about
The weird celestial and Logan with an Infinity Stone. I'm also glad Robbie Reyes isn't being forgotten yet

Now that I think about, I would love a super-gory
Logan/Wolverine
book from Aaron and Ribic, something like their God Butcher arc but more grounded
Deadpool was okay because it coincides with SHIELD's Downfall
The Osborn stuff is for ASM building on something that happened in the latest issue. Strange will be dealing with Loki during Legacy.
Osborn is still weird. It felt random. Unless the Green Goblin ties into some ancient shit.
I thought I was the only one who noticed. (No, I did not.)
We clearly have a mindshare

Sandfox

Deadpool was okay because it coincides with SHIELD's Downfall

Osborn is still weird. It felt random. Unless the Green Goblin ties into some ancient shit.

The current deal is
that after trying different methods to "heal" himself from the Goblin cure Peter used at the end of Superior, Osborn eventually goes on the same journey Strange went on. He ends up failing the test, but learns that mysticism can in fact restore the Goblin. This leads to what we saw in Legacy.

B&R Eternal reminded me that there is a character named Talon, who was a Talon, and that he had a solo series.
The current deal is
that after trying different methods to "heal" himself from the Goblin cure Peter used at the end of Superior, Osborn eventually goes on the same journey Strange went on. He ends up failing the test, but learns that mysticism can in fact restore the Goblin. This leads to what we saw in Legacy.
Mmmmmmkay

Still doesn't sit well with me.
Like if the shrubbery had been triggered, and then we see the other side of that in whatever book that storyline is happening in, I would've been fine. We really only want the scene for Danny and Strange to talk about the visions they've been having.

B&R Eternal reminded me that there is a character named Talon, who was a Talon, and that he had a solo series.

Mmmmmmkay

Still doesn't sit well with me.
Like if the shrubbery had been triggered, and then we see the other side of that in whatever book that storyline is happening in, I would've been fine. We really only want the scene for Danny and Strange to talk about the visions they've been having.
Funny enough that scene with
Norman
reminded me of something they probably don’t want to call back to:
The Gathering of Five

Kinda skimmed Legacy and...I liked.

I don't care for the return, but the concepts etc laid out could make for some fun stories. I'm kinda hoping Marvel will give Aaron keys to the toyboox, to write a long-form epic in the way Hickman got to for 3/4 years. Because then I'd be hyped

Kinda skimmed Legacy and...I liked.

I don't care for the return, but the concepts etc laid out could make for some fun stories. I'm kinda hoping Marvel will give Aaron keys to the toyboox, to write a long-form epic in the way Hickman got to for 3/4 years. Because then I'd be hyped

Remember Alonso already let slip there's a 2018 relaunch.

Remember Alonso already let slip there's a 2018 relaunch.

*twitches*

I'd either forgotten or not heard about that...damn. I'm probably going to see how things unfold and how quickly they screw it up, or not as the case may be. Avengers going weekly for 2018 sounds...dangerous. Waid and Ewing writing could make for some good stories but they'll have their work cut out for them.

Top Bottom